:10: "I'm doomed."

Permuto
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“That’s your big plan?” Hoseok asked, trying to suppress his laughter.

 

“Hey, it’s a good plan!” Jisoo retorted, crossing her arms.

 

It’s been three days since Hoseok and Jisoo finally met, and they’ve decided to get Yoongi and Jennie talking again. Of course this requires Yoongi to start the conversation. The point of this is to finally tell Jennie that she’s debuting, but he’s too nervous to do it.

 

“So you’re saying that we lock them in a room?”

 

Jisoo nodded, “Yup. Like in the dramas.”

 

“I don’t think either of them will be too happy with that.” Hoseok said.

 

The two tried to think of how they could get Jennie and Yoongi on speaking terms, but Yoongi’s cold while Jennie’s snappy, so it won’t be a good meeting, that’s for sure.

 

“How about this,” Jisoo started to suggest, “We both text them saying to meet us here. But instead they’re meeting each other. And we lock them in.”

 

Hoseok nodded along, actually liking her idea, “That’s much better.”

 

“I mean, it’s the same thing but with more explanation.”

 

“True, but I thought you were going to lock them in a closet before.” Hoseok replied.

 

Jisoo laughed, “That’s terrible!”

 

Honestly the only way to get Yoongi and Jennie to talk will be to force them. That’s the only way. Both of them hate being forced to do something, but Hoseok and Jisoo are doing this for the greater good.

 

Jennie does know that Hoseok wanted to at least talk with Jisoo; he asked for her number, remember? But Yoongi has no clue. Hoseok has been casually keeping it a secret from his best friend. It’s getting easier to keep it because Yoongi’s busy training anyways.

 

“Did Jennie tell you what happened yesterday?” Hoseok randomly asked, the two of them sitting down.

 

Jisoo nodded, “Yeah, I feel bad; Yoongi should at least respond to her.”

 

Jennie tried to text Yoongi the night before, basically telling him that they should meet up and talk. She also mentioned how not being open with one another is not helping them change back; Yoongi didn’t respond to her text.

 

“I’m sorry but Yoongi can be kind of an .” Jisoo blatantly stated.

 

Hoseok burst out laughing, not expecting Jisoo’s sudden comment, “Wow,” he started to say, controlling his laughter, “Yeah, he can be. But that’s usually his mechanism for either keeping secrets or hiding his stress. And he’s currently keeping a huge- secret and is really stressed.”

 

“I just want them to talk again,” Jisoo frowned, “As I said before, Jennie doesn’t do well when she’s suddenly abandoned. It must be even harder because someone is living their life as someone else.”

 

“It’s still weird how our best friends are swapped.” Hoseok commented.

 

“I know, to this day I sometimes feel like Jennie is playing a joke on me.”

 

“They did well handling it though; they may be in a rough patch right now, but before that they acted well and surprisingly opened up… Yoongi rarely does that.”

 

“Well, he was kind of forced to.” Jisoo chuckled.

 

“That’s very true.”

 

“I wonder what they’ve talked about though,”

 

“I tried to ask  Yoongi, and he refused to tell me. I mean, that’s a good thing, but I’m curious. I don’t know where you’d begin.” Hoseok replied.

 

Are they just lowkey gossiping about their friends now? They should be trying to help! I mean, they are but still! Go forth on your journey of friendship!

 

“Well, I know that Jennie told Yoongi,” Jisoo paused for a second, still angry with her friend, “That she and I may have kissed a little while we were drunk once.”

 

Hoseok’s eyes widened, but it wasn’t because Jisoo and Jennie kissed. It’s because… if Jennie told Yoongi that story… did Yoongi tell Jennie their story? He said to never mention it again! This is terrible! How dare he, that hypocrite!

 

“Are you alright?” Jisoo asked, noticing Hoseok’s terrified expression.

 

“I can’t believe he told her.” Hoseok muttered.

 

“…Told Jennie what exactly?”

 

Hoseok cupped his face in his hands, ashamed, “The night you found out, I asked Yoongi to hang out with me for the night. We went to a club, got very drunk and,”

 

“If you tell me that you two slept together, I am going to be so pissed.” Jisoo said.

 

“No, of course not, that is absolutely disgusting,” Hoseok assured her, “But we also may have kissed… a lot.”

 

Jisoo, somehow unaffected, replied, “It isn’t that bad since Yoongi is Jennie. If he was himself… it’d be another story. Also, Yoongi never told Jennie that.”

 

Hoseok groaned, “, now the secrets out. I’m doomed.”

 

“I’m not going to tell anyone. It isn’t that big of a secret.” Jisoo shrugged, “I want to know if Jennie shared anything about her past. I feel like if they actually were talking for the past two months, she’d be at the point to share it. But now I don’t think so.”

 

“Her past?”

 

She sighed, “Yeah, just about her relationships and stuff.”

 

“Everyone has a tough time talking about that.”

 

“Well, Jennie’s case is much different than,” Jisoo paused, “Actually, her story is probably more similar to you than me.”

 

“How so?” Hoseok asked.

 

“She dated an idol.”

 

“She did?”

 

Jisoo nodded, “And to make it worse, it was,”

 

Hoseok was clearly surprised once Jisoo finished her statement, not expecting Jennie’s ex to be that guy. Jisoo explained Jennie’s love story, and how it went downhill. It was actually pretty tragic. But we’re saving that tale for later.

 

“I mean, since she’s going to be an idol it’s not surprising that she dated one, but I thought they wouldn’t be able to especially because you’re all in the same,”

 

“I know.” Jisoo said.

 

Hoseok sat there for a few moments, “Interesting. It seems that Jennie and Yoongi have more to learn about one another.”

 

Checking the time, Jisoo cursed to herself when she realized that she should be heading back to practice, “I need to get going. I always lose track of time when I share stories.”

 

Hoseok chuckled, “Yeah I should probably head out also. I need to work on the dance for BTS’s comeback.”

 

“This was fun! I’m glad we’re teaming up to save our friends.” Jisoo smiled.

 

“It was! We should have frequent meetings about them. Just to make sure both of them are happy.”

 

“I totally get that,” She replied, then waved goodbye, “See you soon!”

 

The two started to leave, Hoseok looking behind him at the small room before shutting the lights off. Next time someone’s in that room, it’ll be Jennie and Yoongi being forced to bond.

 

 

“Goddamn it,” Yoongi mumbled, getting himself up off the ground. For the past two months Yoongi has been practicing nonstop. Sure the girls don’t have any choreography, songs, or even a name, but Yoongi wants to increase his skills so it’s easier when he does receive a list of things to do.

 

And yes, Yoongi does feel like a major .

 

Every single day Yoongi has moments where he picks up the phone to call Jennie, wanting to meet up with her in person to explain everything… but he just can’t for some reason. It isn’t that he’s scared to tell her, he just doesn’t want to hurt her feelings.

 

He’s experiencing what it’s like to debut (again) when Jennie has been waiting for over five years to have that feeling. He took it away from her. Sure it isn’t his fault (nor Jennie’s) that the two got swapped, but now that it’s been so long, Yoongi’s basically living Jennie’s life right when things are looking up for her.

 

It’s been almost six months since they swapped, and in that time, Yoongi’s learned so much about Jennie; her personality, her likes and dislikes, her strengths and weaknesses... but he feels like he has more to learn from her. It intrigues him how he can always learn something new about Jennie; whether it be a slight mention of some fact about her, or a story that she shares when they’re opening up to one another… Yoongi is somehow always interested in learning more.

 

And that’s why he can’t tell Jennie. She’ll stop trusting him completely.

 

Wait… or is that why he should tell Jennie? If he doesn’t she’ll get pissed when she finds out. If he tells her, she’ll still be upset. It’s basically a lose-lose situation.

 

Anyways, Yoongi is the one that started all of this; Jennie has probably been wondering what the hell is up with him, but Yoongi refuses to say anything! He’s being an .

 

He didn’t even respond to her text message from last night! How dare he! Part of it was because he was practicing some random choreography when she texted, but also he didn’t know what to respond. So he did the totally nice and correct thing by ignoring it completely.

 

After about an hour, Yoongi shut off the music, trying to regain his breath. He’s been practicing nonstop. He wants to make Jennie proud, especially if they’re still swapped when Jennie debuts.

 

Yoongi is praying every single night that they’re not swapped when Jennie debuts. It would absolutely crush him. He knows how much Jennie wants to debut; he may or may not have stumbled upon an open journal entry of hers… just kidding, her diary was closed; he still read it though.

 

It’s sad how Jennie had to practice her heart out for so long, and it’s even worse that it’s finally happening when she’s another person. Sure Yoongi is already debuted, but it’s not the same. Jennie should experience her debut.

 

Watching his reflection, Yoongi noticed the bags under Jennie’s fierce eyes, her skin looking a tad paler than usual. Maybe he’s been practicing too much; his schedule is starting to mirror the one he had when he was himself, running around all day singing and dancing with little breaks, then barely getting any sleep because too many overwhelming thoughts flew through his head.

 

Yoongi sighed, feeling guilty about basically ruining Jennie’s physical being. But it’s out of the goodness of his heart. Picking up his things, Yoongi left the practice room, seeing how the time is later than he wanted it to be. He walked the halls of YG Entertainment, still amazed by the modern and chic design of the building.

 

Sometimes Yoongi sees members or BIGBANG or 2NE1, and he can’t help but feel nervous around them; these are the people that inspire him, and they’re acknowledging him like he’s their friend. Well, Jennie is their friend… Yoongi isn’t. It’s especially hard to keep it cool when G-Dragon himself starts a casual conversation with “Jennie”.

 

As Yoongi walked amongst the long hallways, he stared at a figure at the end of one of the halls, trying to figure out who exactly it was. He hoped it was Tablo, but this person was too tall to be Tablo. Yoongi has basically talked with every member of BIGBANG, WINNER, and iKON, so now he just has to interact with the girls.

 

But that is not the case today.

 

“Oh, hey Jennie.” Hanbin greeted awkwardly.

 

Hanbin. B.I. You’d think he’d be much more charismatic and friendly, but Yoongi’s always thought this guy was awkward and uncomfortable with everything. He obviously didn’t think that before meeting Hanbin, but now that he’s interacted with him… he’s a strange fellow.

 

“Hey. What are you doing here?” Yoongi asked.

 

“I was just about to head to the studio,” He replied, lowkey trying not to make eye contact, “Yang Hyun-Suk told me that I’ll be helping out with your newest songs.”

 

Actually, Hanbin does seem pretty good at c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter