:11: "Look at me!"

Permuto
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You have to stop dancing so well. When we switch back and my dancing is mediocre again, the fans are going to be suspicious.” Yoongi said on the other line.

 

Jennie chuckled, switching the phone to her other ear, “I mean, it’s just natural for me. I can’t help it.”

 

Today was BTS’s comeback stage for “Run”. The day the music video came out, Hoseok, Jennie, Jisoo, and Yoongi all watched the music video in their usual location; sure BTS was confused where Jennie and Hoseok were running off to, but they started to get accustomed to Yoongi and Hoseok going everywhere together.

 

Since Jennie and Yoongi had their intense chat, things have been going swimmingly; their meetings were back on (once every other week), and they’d frequently check in with one another to see how everything’s going.

 

It’s like nothing has changed.

 

Well, the only difference now is the addition of Jisoo to their secret society; she adds a sarcastic yet goofy tone to the group, so it’s nice to have another person to cheer everyone up.

 

Also since their confrontation, Yoongi can’t seem to figure out why exactly he saw Jennie as herself. In the moment, he thought they actually switched back. But why would a moment like that even trigger the way to swap back? If he saw Jennie like that, there must be something about their conversation that was the key to switching back.

 

It’s been six months since they’ve swapped. The movies don’t even last this long with body swaps.

 

At their meetings, the four pals try to figure out what exactly swapped them, and what exactly could change them back. Hoseok keeps quoting Lawrence, saying “open up!” but the pair have already done that! Maybe they just didn’t open up enough.

 

“Well for my body it’s not,” Yoongi mumbled. He was currently flipping through channels on television, finding something to do. He doesn’t start training for another five hours, so he’s relaxing as much as possible.

 

“Well for my body I don’t randomly dye it brown.” Jennie retorted.

 

Yeah, Yoongi may have dyed Jennie’s hair. But hey, it wasn’t that much of a difference! She’s just a brunette now!

 

Jennie began to rant, even though it was quite hypocritical that she’s upset at Yoongi for dying her hair. She did just dye it mint blue recently, and he wasn’t that upset! Yoongi sipped on his coffee as Jennie began to tell Yoongi stories about BTS on the phone, only half-listening.

 

He doesn’t want to focus in too much, because he misses the guys. Sure he has Hoseok, but he still misses Namjoon’s leadership, Seokjin’s meals, Jimin’s cute smile, Jungkook’s kindness, and Taehyung’s weird actions.

 

Hopefully he’ll see them again soon…

 

“Jennie, great news!” Jisoo exclaimed, running into the room.

 

“Why are you calling me,” Yoongi began to ask, his tone changing once Chaeyoung and Lalisa entered the room, “What is it?”

 

“Chaeyoung and I chose our stage names!” Lalisa said.

 

“Already?” Yoongi asked.

 

Chaeyoung nodded, “YG said that at least Lalisa and I have to get stage names. Since he told us about our upcoming debut, he told Lalisa and I specifically that we need to think of a stage name.”

 

“So what did you choose?”

 

“Mine is Lisa!” Lalisa smiled.

 

Well that’s not surprising. It just makes it easier for Yoongi to say.

 

“Mine is Rose.” Chaeyoung added.

 

Yoongi looked at Chaeyoung with a quizzical expression, not understanding the meaning behind her stage name.

 

Jisoo sighed, “Did you already forget Chaeyoung’s English name, Jennie?”

 

“It appears that I have.” Yoongi stated.

 

Chaeyoung laughed, “Unnie, my name is Roseanne Park! Get it? Roseanne… Rose…”

 

“It’s just Rose?”

 

“Well, yeah. It’s just my name shortened.” Chaeyoung replied.

 

“It’s kind of bland, don’t you think?” Yoongi commented blatantly.

 

Chaeyoung pouted, “Aw, come on. I tried.”

 

“That’s what I said!” Lalisa said.

 

“Rose is fine.” Jisoo told them.

 

“It’s just because it’s one syllable. Sure there are idols with one syllable names, but Rose just seems… boring,” Yoongi explained, the other three listening intently, “Why not add some pizzazz to it?”

 

“But how?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

Yoongi shrugged, “Not my proble- OW!” Jisoo threw a pillow at him, not wanting him to shut the girls out. He sighed, “Just make it two syllables somehow.”

 

“Well, we call you Rosie sometimes.” Lalisa thought outloud.

 

“You’re getting there,” Yoongi mumbled, wanting to leave the conversation. The girls were silent, not knowing what else they could change Chaeyoung’s name to. After about two minutes of silence, Yoongi rolled his eyes, “Why not make it unique? Make Rosie sound different. Like Rosay.”

 

“Oh my god,” Chaeyoung muttered.

 

“What is it?” Lalisa asked.

 

“I got it! Rosé! That’ll be my stage name!”

 

“That’s literally what I just said.” Yoongi said.

 

“Yeah, but my version has an accent.”

 

Yoongi huffed, “Alright, well there you go.”

 

“Jennie, are you alright? You seem much snippier than usual.” Lalisa said.

 

“I’m fine,” Yoongi responded, realizing how y he was acting. He stood up, deciding that it was best to get ready to have a productive day, “Do you all want to go get coffee?”

 

“I thought you’d never ask!” Jisoo exclaimed.

 

“Yay, a girl’s outing! We haven’t gotten coffee in a while!” Lalisa added.

 

“Since we have five hours until practice, should we go shopping also?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

Yoongi grimaced; he now hates himself for asking the girl’s to hang out. He wanted to be nice, but this is definitely going to get boring.

 

Yoongi: [I’ve made a huge mistake.]

 

Jennie: [Oh god, what did you do this time?]

 

Yoongi: [I wanted to be nice so I suggested that the girls and I go get coffee, but now they’re planning a ton of stuff to do.]

 

Jennie: [That’s how it usually goes. It’s entertaining though, you’ll be fine.]

 

Yoongi: [Is it really though?]

 

Jennie snickered at Yoongi’s text, knowing that it will definitely be hell for him. She didn’t respond; how kind of her.

 

“Yah, Yoongi, stop staring at your phone and get over here!” Namjoon said.

 

Today BTS is performing Run yet again; they did just come back after all. It’s going to be nonstop for at least three weeks. Sure Jennie experienced promotions for I NEED U, but she just performed goodbye stages, rather than everything else. She has to do more interviews, more appearances, and more of everything basically.

 

Soon this process will happen for the girls. But maybe Jennie won’t be a part of that, which is really sad to her. She can’t think about this now, she’s got to go perform!

 

“Alright guys, what are we going to do if we win?” Namjoon asked.

 

“Ugh, another cringey fanservice?” Seokjin grimaced.

 

“I thought we could just perform the song.” Jungkook answered.

 

“Well, it would be our first win for this comeback, so we have to make it special.” Namjoon told them.

 

“Let’s just wing it.” Hoseok said.

 

Jennie listened to their conversation, finding the boys entertaining (as always). It’s never a dull moment with BTS. Sure they can be loud, obnoxious, and overbearing, but hey, they’re attractive and kind.

 

Honestly, Jennie’s seriously thought about setting some of the boys up with her friends. She just thinks they’ll mesh well together. But Jisoo told Jennie that the dating bans will be implemented before their debut even happens, so that gives them no chance to meet BTS.

 

Maybe in the future she’ll convince Yoongi to have the guys meet Jennie’s pals.

 

Jisoo: [What the ?]

 

Jennie: [Hello to you too?]

 

Jisoo: [LOOK AT THIS.]

 

Jisoo sent Jennie an article through text, Jennie curious to why Jisoo was freaking out so suddenly. She doesn’t do it that much, so when she does get spooked, it’s a big deal.

 

Holy .

 

Jennie: [How could it ALREADY be leaked?]

 

Oh yes, an article by Dispatch came out, saying that YG is planning to debut a new girl group next summer! They showed pictures of the girls entering the YG building, but most of the pictures were of Jennie specifically.

 

Kim Jennie, a trainee since 2010, has been seen entering the YG building early in the morning and leaving late at night. Sources do say that YG is planning to debut the girl group by the end of the new year; there will be four girls in this group.

 

“Yujin.” Jennie grumbled, becoming angry.

 

Hoseok looked at her quizzically, “Did you just say the name of,”

 

“Yes, I did. Look at this!” Jennie said, waving her phone in front of him.

 

He read over the article, his expression becoming fearful, “Uh oh.”

 

“What?”

 

“Maybe it’s a bad thing she saw you and Yoongi together at the summer festival.”

 

“That was three months ago! She should get over herself!” Jennie retorted.

 

“Yeah, but working for Dispatch… she can follow anyone.” Hoseok told her.

 

“She’s not stalking me… is she?”

 

Hoseok shrugged, “I wouldn’t be surprised. She’s basically paparazzi, so it isn’t illegal.”

 

Jennie groaned, “You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ll text Yoongi.”

 

Is Yujin seriously following Jennie’s body around just because she’s jealous? Yoongi and Jennie don’t have a thing, they’re just stuck in a really ty situation!

 

Jennie: [Watch out for your ex, she’s following you… well me.]

 

Yoongi: [I know, Jisoo showed me the article. If I see her I’ll call the cops.]

 

Jennie: [Or you can confront her.]

 

Yoongi: [No thanks. I want nothing to do with her.]

 

God, he’s so ridiculous sometimes. Sure she gets why he doesn’t want to see her, but a huge YG secret was just revealed because Yujin is a jealous stalker!!

 

Jennie: [Just think about it. A huge secret was revealed because you haven’t spoken to her yet.]

 

Yoongi rolled his eyes, knowing that Jennie was right. Well, he can’t speak to her now because he’s currently someone else. Jennie is talking about “Jennie” confronting Yujin, but still Yoongi doesn’t want to get Jennie involved in any way.

 

“Jennie, come look at this!” Lalisa exclaimed, pulling Yoongi by the arm.

 

Yup, he’s currently at the mall with the girls. It’s already too much for him. They arrived about ten minutes ago, and he has already been throughout the whole mall. You may think this is impossible, but it happened. They haven’t even gone in a store yet; Lalisa just keeps showing him the window displays! Just go in already!

 

“Are we actually going to go into a store yet?” Jisoo asked, getting annoyed. THANK YOU Jisoo. Finally someone who just wants to get this over with!

 

“I haven’t decided which one I want to go into yet.” Lalisa pouted.

 

“We can go into all of them!” Chaeyoung replied.

 

Oh GOD no please don’t go into every store! There are so many!! Yoongi trudged along, following the three girls into every single store. They have to be back at the YG building in about three hours, so they better find what their looking for quick, especially if they’re going into all the stores.

 

Chaeyoung and Lalisa would browse the whole entire store before picking something out. They would stare at a piece of clothing, looking at the price and observing the design carefully. Then they would show Yoongi and Jisoo, asking them if they should go try it on. Each time Yoongi would say just buy it now, but Jisoo encouraged them to go try every single piece of clothing on.

 

It was a terrible process.

 

Yoongi is used to the BTS members being careful about the clothing they buy, but this is ridiculous. Do they even care that they have training today?

 

“You look you want to kill someone.” Jisoo told him, holding back her laughter.

 

“Well we’ve been in five stores, and they’ve only bought two things each. And now they’re taking forever to try stuff on.” Yoongi grumbled.

 

Jisoo chuckled, “God, you seem just like Jennie right now.”

 

Yoongi look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter