:3: "I feel gross."

Permuto
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I told you it’s not so bad.” Yoongi said lightheartedly.

 

“Well, it’s not bad for you since you’ve had, what, twenty years of practice? I, on the other hand, am a female so I don’t need to have a whole weird- technique when it comes to peeing.” Jennie replied, trying to hide her embarrassment.

 

Yoongi chuckled, finding Jennie’s awkwardness amusing. The pair was currently on their way to an old dance studio Jennie used to attend; since Jennie is now a BTS member, she needs to learn the dances for the songs the group is promoting.

 

But they just got through with an awkward moment, so Jennie’s trying to recover from it.

 

“Twenty-three.” Yoongi stated.

 

“What?”

 

“I’ve had twenty-three years of practice.”

 

“…You’re twenty-three?” Jennie asked, surprised.

 

“Yeah, you were close though. Sometimes people think I’m in my late teens.” Yoongi replied, “Anyways, it’s not some technique. It’s a necessity.”

 

Jennie huffed, staring out the car window with her arms crossed. When she was first leaving the BTS dorm, she noticed that a set of keys were on Yoongi’s wallet. And to her surprise, he actually had a car… Actually, it seems that all the BTS members share it, because there are some letters and other items that belong to his six friends.

 

“A necessity.” Jennie mumbled, rolling her eyes.

 

Yoongi looked at his body, seeing how uncomfortable and annoyed it looked. It was pretty hilarious, “If it helps… you don’t have to shower today if you don’t want to.”

 

Jennie grimaced, “But we’re going to be dancing for the next few hours.”

 

He shrugged, “I’m just trying to compromise.”

 

“N-No, I get that, but,” Jennie said nervously, “We should just get the difficult stuff over with. We don’t know how long this is going to last, so,” Jennie didn’t finish her sentence, because the more she thought about the difficult parts of this situation, the more reserved she became.

 

It’s been about three hours since the both of them woke up. Neither BTS nor Jennie’s friends know where they went; there was no information, not even a lie, given… They just ran out of their dorms with nothing to say.

 

His eyes still on the road, Yoongi handed Jennie her phone, “Your friends keep texting you.”

 

“Oh, ah, thanks,” Jennie replied, opening the messages.

 

Jisoo: [Jendeuk, where are you? I thought we were going to talk more TT]

 

Chaeyoung: [Unnie, I’m worried about you. Please respond…]

 

Lalisa: [Unnieeeeee I need you to make me lunch! Also I miss you… but please make me lunch.]

 

Jennie frowned while reading the messages, knowing how confused the girls must be feeling. They tell each other everything, so her friends seeing “Jennie” run out of the dorm with nothing to say must have been difficult.

 

Chaeyoung: [We have practice at seven tonight!! Yang Hyun-Suk is going to be there to give us new choreography!]

 

“.” Jennie muttered.

 

“What is it?” Yoongi asked, pulling into the parking lot.

 

“Yang Hyun-Suk is going to be at my practice tonight… I thought I had the day off…”

 

“You mean my practice?”

 

“I guess so,” Jennie sighed, “Great. He hasn’t checked on us in a while, so that means he must have some sort of news to tell us.”

 

“Maybe you’ll debut.”

 

Jennie rolled her eyes, “Yeah, right. It’ll be just my luck that we get the news to debut when we’re swapped.”

 

The two walked into the old dance studio, Yoongi noticing how grimy the outside of it was, “Uh, is this place closed down or something?”

 

“Kind of. Some people still rent this place out, but there aren’t permanent dance academies that reside here anymore.” Jennie replied, opening the front entrance.

 

There was only one level to the building, which just consisted of a long hallway with several doors along the side. Most of them were private dance studios, while a few of them were bathrooms or offices.

 

“So you went here when you were younger?” Yoongi asked, taking the leather jacket off.

 

“Yeah, just for,” Jennie started to explain, but stopped once she turned to Yoongi.

 

“…What?”

 

Jennie started laughing, which came out as a breathy cackle, “You really chose to wear a dark bra under a white t-shirt?”

 

Yoongi looked down, to see how obvious Jennie’s bra was through the shirt he picked. He shrugged, “Well I didn’t know that could happen.”

 

“You tried,” Jennie replied, opening one of the doors, “Ah, here we are.”

 

The dance studio was on the smaller side, but it still had the basic necessities: a wall that was a huge mirror and a nice hardwood floor. There was an old radio in the corner of the room, which Jennie plugged her phone into.

 

Yoongi walked towards the middle of the room, looking at his reflection from afar. You know, he actually forgot about being a girl for a few moments. But once he sees himself in the mirror again, reality sets back in.

 

Jennie was about to speak, but stopped herself once she saw Yoongi staring into the mirror. He wasn’t moving at all, he was just…staring. The expression on her face was unreadable, which is surprising since it’s her face. How is she unable to read her own face?

 

It seems like Yoongi is the type of guy who zones out a lot having deep thoughts. Last night he had a moment of zoning out, which Jennie wasn’t able to figure out what he was feeling. It’s just strange how his mannerisms translated to her body.

 

“So are you promoting any other songs besides I NEED U?” Jennie asked, causing Yoongi to flinch.

 

“Basically. I know in three weeks we’re performing a different song on the album for some festival, but,”

 

“You should probably teach it to me.” Jennie cut him off.

 

“Why?”

 

“Just in case.”

 

Usually the expression “just in case” is followed by another set of words, but Yoongi knew exactly what she was talking about. “Just in case we don’t change back for a while.”

 

Yoongi nodded, “Alright, but we should begin with I NEED U.”  Jennie quickly turned the song on, Yoongi raising an eyebrow in response, “Did you buy the song just now?”

 

Jennie felt her cheeks become warm, “Ah, no… I bought it a few weeks ago.”

 

“And you said you didn’t recognize me last night,” Yoongi teased, Jennie’s voice sounding much more sultry than expected.

 

“Hey, stop that! Teasing doesn’t work with my voice, only sarcasm does.” Jennie told him, “Also, I wasn’t lying when I said I didn’t recognize you. It was dark and the lighting was spooky.”

 

Yoongi chuckled, “Alright, alright. So first I’ll do a run through, and then I’ll teach you verse by verse.”

 

“Sounds good to me.” Jennie replied, starting up the music. She sat on the bench that was directly across from the mirror, ready to learn. It’s going to be interesting seeing herself dance, but she shouldn’t take it personally if her body looks awkward doing it since it’s Yoongi dancing.

 

Wait… is Yoongi even a good dancer? Jennie watched Yoongi, who was currently lying down on the ground.

 

“Is this a part of it?” Jennie asked.

 

“Yeah… have you not seen us perform it?”

 

“No, not yet.”

 

Yoongi sighed, then continued the choreography. He seemed to stumble a bit when doing quicker moves, his body moving faster than he wanted to.

 

Jennie stared with a confused expression, not knowing why Yoongi was so off. Sure she doesn’t know the choreography, but that sure ain’t it.

 

Suddenly stopping, Yoongi grunted with anger, upset that he’s messing up so much. Sure he isn’t the best dancer in BTS (he is self-ranked as fifth), but he’s never done this badly.

 

“At least you won’t have to perform it,” Jennie tried to lighten the mood.

 

“Yeah, but if I show you how to do it, I need to actually do it nicely.” Yoongi replied.

 

“It’s just because you’re,”

 

“Adjusting, I know.” Yoongi cut her off.

 

Jennie bit her lip, holding back a response to his sudden rude behavior. Why is he being like this again?

 

“Just try it again, but move half a beat slower than you usually would.” Jennie suggested.

 

“But that would clearly make me behind.”

 

“Not necessarily,” Jennie said, “You’re moving too quickly since there’s less weight on you; if you move a tad slower you’ll be fine.”

 

Jennie started up the music again, and Yoongi started over, unclear whether he trusts Jennie’s suggestion or not.

 

But it actually worked! The more moves he did correctly, the more confident he became.

 

The song finished, and Jennie gave him a round of applause. Yoongi was surprised because wasn’t that out of breath; usually he’s at least a little sweaty after going through a dance, but maybe Jennie has a high sweat tolerance?

 

“Don’t take this the wrong way, but aren’t your dances known to be a little intense?” Jennie asked.

 

“I’ve been told that a few times, but I honestly don’t think so.” Yoongi replied.

 

“Okay good, because that didn’t seem so difficult.”

 

Yoongi chuckled, “Well it’s good that you’re confident about it.”

 

“Can I try now?” Jennie asked, getting excited. Yoongi nodded in response, and Jennie hopped up next to him, wanting to begin.

 

She’s getting hyped because she may have the opportunity to perform something that she’s practiced. Sure it’s not her song that she may end up performing, but technically… it is now!

 

Yoongi could tell that she was excited because once he looked at Jennie, he went right at his iconic gummy smile that Jennie was currently flashing.

 

Turning on the music, Jennie stood next to Yoongi, who showed her step-by-step the dance she needs to know. Jennie was quite quick to learn the dance moves; she only had to go through the song four times… When Yoongi first learned it, he took a week! How is she so good at this?

 

“And that’s what five years training does to a person.” Jennie said with a smug smile.

 

“Well you may forget it tomorrow.” Yoongi replied.

 

“Who said that we’ll still be like this tomorrow?” She responded sarcastically.

 

“Hey, don’t give me false hope like that.”

 

Jennie chuckled, “Sorry.”

 

Yoongi tossed a water bottle to Jennie, who was feeling quite worn out. Usually she can go for multiple hours practicing dance, but it’s only been about two hours this time around… is it because of Yoongi?

 

“Now,” Yoongi said, fanning himself with his hands, “Is there anything I have to learn?”

 

Jennie thought about it for a few moments, shrugging in response, “Not that I know of. The girls and I already shows Yang Hyun-Suk the choreography Lalisa and other choreographers made… he hasn’t given us a new assignment.”

 

“And how long has it been since then?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter