:7: "It's real!"

Permuto
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“When does this video go up?” Yoongi asked, pointing to the laptop screen.

 

“Midnight.” Hoseok replied.

 

Yoongi and Hoseok were currently sitting in the usual hideout, talking about the release of BTS’s new music video, Dope. They (AKA Jennie and BTS) recorded it last week, which was the day that Yoongi presented his rap performance.

 

Since then, Jennie’s been kind of quiet. Yeah they’ve been meeting up frequently, but she seems to be spacing out a lot. She’s probably finally experiencing the exhaustion that Yoongi had.

 

It was currently around ten in the morning; Yoongi had to go to the YG building soon for training, while BTS has to get ready for a livestream that’s later to promote Dope. Hoseok was supposed to come with Jennie, but she didn’t wake up in time. Sure Hoseok could have waited, but he’s so used to Yoongi cursing at him when he’s woken up that Hoseok just didn’t try.

 

Looking at his watch, Yoongi sighed, “You’d think she would have woken up by now.”

 

Hoseok shrugged, “We did have a long day of promoting yesterday… and you’re easily exhausted.”

 

“Yeah,” Yoongi looked at the clock on the wall, “I guess so.”

 

“So have you talked to her about,”

 

“No.”

 

“Why?”

 

Yoongi rolled his eyes, “Because Jennie hasn’t brought it up. If she does, maybe I’ll tell her.”

 

“Well what if she’s been getting texts all this time?”

 

“Then she should say something.”

 

“We’ve already talked about why she may not be saying,” Hoseok started to tell him.

 

“Hoseok. Stop talking about this. You know I don’t like talking about her.”

 

Hoseok sighed, knowing that Yoongi is going to be stubborn with his. He really should find out if Jennie has received texts from his ex. She’s making it clear that she wants to get back together with Yoongi.

 

It really wasn’t a healthy relationship. Sure it had a great start, but all good things eventually come to an end, right?

 

And so Hoseok dropped the topic, starting the music video for Yoongi.

 

“Who came up with this theme?” Yoongi asked, cringing a bit.

 

“The director. But we chose what job we wanted.” Hoseok replied.

 

Yoongi’s body appeared on the screen after Hoseok’s verse, Yoongi grimacing in response, “They always pack on the eyeliner for me.”

 

“Jennie tried to say no.”

 

“And what the hell is this uniform she chose? Am I in the military or something? Why are there drones?” Yoongi asked.

 

“Dude, chill. I think it looks cool. She acted well.”

 

“I know, but ugh,” Yoongi continued to watch the video, “Her dancing is too good for me.”

 

Hoseok chuckled, “She makes you seem like a dancing star!”

 

The video soon finished, Hoseok clapping, “Wow, that was really good!”

 

“You haven’t seen the finished product?” Yoongi asked.

 

“Nope,” Hoseok grinned, then put his arm around Yoongi, “I’m glad we could watched that together.”

 

Yoongi groaned, pushing Hoseok’s arm off of him, “Yah, stop that.”

 

“It worked before! Anyways, it doesn’t look weird because you’re a girl now!” Hoseok joked.

 

“God you’re so desperate.” Yoongi grumbled.

 

“Aw, come on hyung, just one,” Hoseok started to say until he was so rudely interrupted.

 

The front door opened, causing the two friends to turn around. Jennie was standing in the doorway with a blank expression, her eyes wide.

 

“What’s with you?” Yoongi asked.

 

“You look like you’ve seen some serious .” Hoseok added.

 

Jennie slowly walked towards the table by one of the windows, burying her head in her hands once she sat down. Yoongi and Hoseok looked at one another with concerned expressions, not knowing why Jennie seemed so freaked out.

 

Crouching down beside her, Yoongi tapped her shoulder, “Hello? Why are you so spooked right now?”

 

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Jennie said, her voice muffled.

 

He looked back at Hoseok, who shrugged. Clearly neither of them knows what to do.

 

“Did something bad happen?” Yoongi asked.

 

“Maybe.”

 

“Before I left you were dead asleep, how could something bad happen to you in the span of one hour?” Hoseok said.

 

Jennie raised her head, glaring at Hoseok, “You should have woken me up.”

 

“That’s why you’re like this? Because Hobi didn’t wake you up?” Yoongi asked, still not understanding the reasoning behind Jennie’s mood.

 

“No!” Jennie replied loudly. She took a deep breath, calming herself down, “I experienced something that I didn’t like when I woke up.”

 

Narrowing his eyes, Yoongi stared at Jennie, trying to think about what her statement meant. Obviously Hoseok understood it before Yoongi, because he started to burst out laughing.

 

“What?” Yoongi asked him.

 

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry Jennie.” Hoseok said, still laughing.

 

Jennie threw a bottle of water at him, “Yah, it’s not funny!”

 

“What the hell am I not getting?!” Yoongi stood up, upset.

 

“Hyung, she got morning wood!” Hoseok told him.

 

Yoongi looked at Jennie, who was frowning, “Is that true?”

 

She rolled her eyes, “Of course it is,” Jennie buried her face in her arms again, “I hate my life.”

 

“Hey, Yoongi had to experience womanly problems, so you had to run into an issue that only guys have at some point!” Hoseok cackled.

 

“I didn’t even have a ual dream.” She pouted, hiding her face in shame.

 

“Tomorrow it’s going to be officially a month since we swapped.” Yoongi suddenly stated, wanting to change the subject.

 

“Really? It’s been that long?” Hoseok asked.

 

Jennie sat back up in the chair, “Yeah, it has. So apparently just regularly living each other’s lives isn’t enough.”

 

“I still think you should see a psychic!”

 

The swapped pair was silent, now starting to think that Hoseok’s suggestion is a good idea. If they’ve been like this for basically a month with no signs of switching back, they should probably do something about it.

 

“…Should we?” Jennie asked Yoongi.

 

He doesn’t want to admit it, but Yoongi does think they should try something. All he did was nod in response, and Jennie knew that he was kind of ashamed about it. Yoongi probably thinks that doing this means that they don’t have what it takes to change back themselves.

 

“Great!” Hoseok clapped, “I already looked up some people, and I called three. I have a favorite, because when they were talking to me, they talked about how they help people deal with magical happenings and .”

 

“Just call that person.” Yoongi told him.

 

Hoseok gave him a thumbs-up, then dialed the number. Yoongi sat across from Jennie, watching her listen to Hoseok’s conversation. She seemed tense, which makes sense since they’re relying on a (possibly fake) psychic to solve their problems.

 

“What do we do if this doesn’t work?” Jennie suddenly asked.

 

Yoongi shrugged, “Go back to square one.”

 

“Well clearly that hasn’t worked for us,” Jennie mumbled.

 

“Jennie,” Yoongi said. Jennie looked at him, seeing how her face has a serious expression, “We will switch back.”

 

“Good news!” Hoseok exclaimed, “The guy said he’ll have a tent at the summer festival tonight!”

 

“, I forgot about that.” Jennie muttered.

 

“I thought the festival was in August.” Yoongi said.

 

“No, they moved it forward because in August the festival always overlaps with the Music Core summer festival.” Hoseok replied.

 

“Those are two different things?”

 

“That doesn’t matter,” Jennie stated, “So we can go tonight. But there is a slight issue.”

 

“What is it?” Yoongi asked.

 

“A few months ago Jisoo made a plan for all of the girls to go.”

 

“That’s not an issue! Anyways, I can meet,” Hoseok started to say.

 

“You’re not meeting my friends.” Jennie said.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because you’re probably going to try and seduce one of them… and they’d be okay with it.”

 

“Yeah, I agree. You can’t meet them.” Yoongi added.

 

“Hyung, you’re supposed to be on my side!”

 

And so Yoongi and Hoseok went back on forth on why/why not Hoseok should meet Jennie’s three best friends. Jennie did have a small part of her that did want to say yes, but that was because she wanted to see her pals again. She’s been trying to muster up the courage to ask Yoongi if she can reveal the secret to Jisoo, but seeing how stressed Yoongi’s been lately, she needs to wait until the right moment.

 

Hopefully she can do it soon.

 

 

“Ahh I’m so excited for this tonight!” Jisoo exclaimed, shaking Yoongi by the shoulders.

 

They’ve really got to stop shaking Yoongi.

 

“Yeah, me too.” Yoongi lied. Well sure he’s somewhat excited, but he realized that he really doesn’t want to see this psychic person. They’re probably a fraud, but he’s doing it just so Hoseok is happy.

 

Honestly, Yoongi is really glad that he has a friend who knows his secret. Now he can act like himself around somewhat who isn’t Jennie; even though Hoseok does sometimes make inappropriate jokes, overall it’s a huge relief.

 

Lalisa walked into the room where Jisoo and Yoongi were talking, holding a camera and pocketbook, “This is a great night for taking pictures!”

 

Since the first day they swapped, Yoongi noticed how much of an avid photographer Lalisa is. She and Chaeyoung always go out for photo sessions, and from what Yoongi’s seen, she’s really good at taking pictures. Lalisa has been trying to get Jennie to take pictures with her, but since Yoongi is Jennie and doesn’t like that stuff, he keeps saying no.

 

Maybe if Lalisa takes pictures with him, he’ll be up for it.

 

“Jennie, I came up with the perfect idea for a picture!” Lalisa said.

 

“What is it?” Yoongi asked, not interested.

 

“I want to get a picture of you on the Ferris wheel!”

 

Yoongi thought about it for a few moments; if Lalisa wants a picture of him on the Ferris wheel that means she’ll have to be up there with him. It’s a good romantic setting, so maybe,

 

Whoa there Yoongi, don’t be like Hoseok and think like that! Geez, he gets creepier and creepier with Lalisa every chapter!

 

“Isn’t this place great?” Jisoo asked, skipping down the walkway.

 

Yoongi and the girls arrived to the festival, all of them excited in their own way. Jisoo is looking forward to the food selections, while Chaeyoung wants to listen to the acoustic performances. Lalisa is just excited to be there in general… she doesn’t get a lot of time off. On the other hand, Yoongi is excited to get this stupid plan over with. The more he thought about it, the more he realized that Hoseok’s plan is downright idiotic. It’s not going to work!

 

“Yeah, it’s marvelous.” Yoongi replied sarcastically.

 

“I can’t believe we got time off to come here!” Lalisa exclaimed.

 

Yeah, they had to convince Yang Hyun-Suk to attend the festival. The girls forced Yoongi to get YG’s permission to go, because, apparently, Jennie is the favorite out of the four girls.

 

The plan is to meet up with Hoseok and Jennie an hour from now because BTS was finishing up some promotion. Jennie and Hoseok also have to get some sort of disguise, which probably isn’t going to work anyways.

 

Anywho, Yoongi had three choices: eat suspicious-looking food with Jisoo, watch acoustic performances with Chaeyoung, or follow Lalisa to who-knows-where.

 

“I’m glad you decided to join me, because I have no idea what I’m going to do!” Lalisa smiled, grabbing Yoongi’s hand.

 

Ohhh yeah, Yoongi’s happy with this choice. He’s always had a ~special~ liking to Lalisa (which is quite obvious), so might as well spend some alone time with her.

 

“Look at that!” Lalisa gasped, pointing.

 

It’s a dog. I guess she gets excited about everything.

 

“We saw at least four dogs today, this one is no different.” Yoongi replied.

 

Lalisa pouted, “Just let me enjoy my freedom, unnie!” She pulled Yoongi around to multiple stands, freaking out about each one. Secretly he found this amusing, but Jennie told him to keep a poker-face when it comes to Lalisa’s excitement.

 

The two walked around, Yoongi observing all of the warm colors and summery decorations; it was tastefully decorated, so it’s pretty nice to look at. There were stands for caricatures, bracelet making, psychic readings, and ot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter