:8: "Unnie!"

Permuto
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Alright,” Jennie said, “You’re definitely not leaving here without explaining to me what that was about.”

 

Yoongi stared at his broken phone, now feeling embarrassed by his actions. He just got a little too heated right there. Now Jennie is asking him flat-out to explain his past, which he did not want to do. But that’s his fault.

 

Sitting on the ground, Yoongi sighed, “It’s a really long story.”

 

Jennie joined in, sitting next to him, “I have time.” The tall grass enveloped them, making the moment even more private. Hopefully they don’t get ticks.

 

Where does he even start? He doesn’t even want to tell Jennie. Sure Lawrence (bless up) suggested that they open up to one another, but this story is too personal for him. This is one of his past stories that he’s barely told, even to his BTS members. Sure they know the gist of it, but they don’t know just how much his break-up took a toll on him.

 

But for some reason, Yoongi feels like it’s his duty to open up to Jennie, which is a new feeling. He’s never felt this compelled to do so.

 

“How about you start off with her name?” Jennie suggested, knowing that Yoongi was contemplating on where to begin.

 

“Okay,” Yoongi said, “Her name is Yujin.”

 

“Alright, what does she look like?”

 

“She’s bascially your height… uh, last time I saw her she had light blonde hair… short hair. A cute face and eyes, smooth voice,”

 

“When did you meet?” She asked.

 

“A little after I debuted… we were performing our debut song, and she’s the daughter of MBC’s CEO. So, I met her backstage. She seemed chill, and each time I performed there we’d meet up and chat. Soon that turned into me asking her out, and the rest is history.” Yoongi explained, “We dated for a while, almost two years. And it seemed to be going really well…”

 

“What happened?”

 

Yoongi took a deep breath, memories flowing through his head, “It gradually got worse. Sure I was at fault a lot because I can be cold and closed-off, but Yujin,” he scoffed, “there were days that I wanted to be alone, and she said she was fine with that. Near the end of our relationship, I finally started being more open and vulnerable. I told her that I was in love with her, she said it back, and I thought everything was fine. Days passed, and she became the one who was isolating herself. I got really worried about her… she’d go for hours not saying a word, then act like everything was fine. On her birthday, I decided to throw her a surprise party for just the two of us; she never liked making her birthday a big deal. Anyways, I started setting everything up in her apartment, until,”

 

Watching his sullen expression, Jennie didn’t press him to continue, because she knew the next part was probably going to be really bad.

 

“Until I saw a few articles and an open journal lying on the table. I saw how all of the articles were about me or BTS… they were all unreleased scandals. They were made-up scandals, but I remember how Bang PD-nim telling us how bad they were. I looked at the open book, and it turns out that she was working for Dispatch. She had a bunch of stories that I told her that were somewhat questionable; she changed some facts to make the situations seem worse.”

 

“She was the one who made up the scandals?” Jennie asked, shocked.

 

He nodded, “Yup. I confronted her when she came home, and she started crying, saying that those stories were from a long time ago. Yujin said she learned to love me, and she didn’t mean to try to release those stories… And I knew she was lying, because the latest one she wrote was a week before the day I found out. So she still lied even when I confronted her.”

 

Wow. Jennie was not expecting that. Who would do something like that? So his ex-girlfriend pretended to be interested in him in the beginning just to get possible scandals out of him? And she still has the audacity to keep texting him every day?

 

“Sometimes I’d see her as I’m going to the store or something… it was weird how often I saw her actually.” Yoongi thought out loud.

 

“Maybe she was following you? If she works for Dispatch, she has the sources to find out your whereabouts.”

 

Thinking about it, Yoongi realized that Jennie was probably right. That makes the whole thing even worse! Is she still just trying to get a story out of him?

 

Yoongi lay down, overwhelmed, “Holy .”

 

“And that’s probably why she saw us together today.” Jennie added.

 

“She’s following me.” Yoongi muttered, feeling stupid that he hasn’t noticed it before.

 

“You should probably talk to her.”

 

“Good idea, I’ll go see her tomorrow while I’m still like this.” Yoongi replied coldly.

 

Jennie rolled her eyes, “Obviously I didn’t mean now.”

 

“I know,” he sighed, “I should talk to her, but she’ll just come up with some lame- excuse and then start telling me how she loves me. I don’t want to hear it. I don’t want to hear her voice again.”

 

“Then how about I go in your place?” Jennie suggested, Yoongi chuckling in response.

 

“Really now? You think that’s a good idea?”

 

She shrugged, “I mean, you want nothing to do with her, but you want to shut her up. I’m good at putting things nicely, so…”

 

Yoongi squinted, trying to figure out if Jennie was serious or not, “Why would you even want to do that? I know you’re me right now, but that’s a little too much, don’t you think?”

 

 “That’s what friends do.”

 

Maybe he should let Jennie do this. He doesn’t want to see Yujin, but he has to get her off his . It’s too much.

 

“Fine,” Yoongi stated, “But I need to help you prepare.”

 

“Well of course.” Jennie replied.

 

Wow, she’s actually surprised that Yoongi is letting her do this! She was somewhat joking when she first mentioned it, but oops, now Yoongi wants her to talk to his ex as him. This is going to be a huge acting lesson for her.

 

“Maybe I should just call the cops instead.” Yoongi said, causing Jennie to laugh.

 

 

A few weeks later (after Yoongi got a new phone), Jennie found herself spending a lot of time with BTS. It could be because they’re spending extra time in the studio, but also Yoongi has been in the YG building frequently. They don’t have time to see one another. It’s strange not seeing one another, because neither of them have any guidance on how to act,

 

“Don’t you think GFriend is really hot, hyung?” Jimin asked Jennie.

 

Especially when Jennie is facing situations like these.

 

BTS was currently hanging out (which is rare nowadays), watching television. More specifically, they were watching the last episode of Music Core; if it wasn’t already obvious, GFriend is performing. Also, I just realized that GFriend is just “Girlfriend” shortened… unless that wasn’t their intention with naming their group?

 

Jennie glanced at Hoseok, who shrugged with a bored look upon his face. Is he telling Jennie how to respond?

 

“Uh, does that really matter?” Jennie asked, trying to act uninterested.

 

“Ugh, you never give us any ideas on what your type is!” Taehyung complained.

 

“We all know what his type is.” Hoseok stated.

 

“Well yeah, but not idol wise.” Seokjin added.

 

“Why do you all talk about girls so much?” Jungkook asked, somewhat annoyed.

 

“What, are you still scared of women?” Taehyung teased.

 

“I’m not!” Jungkook retorted.

 

“Taehyung, calm yourself.” Namjoon said, “Also, Yoongi, name one idol that you find attractive to appease your friends.” What a leader he is; taking the conversation by the horns and compromising!

 

Looking at Hoseok again, Jennie saw that… hey, he’s avoiding eye contact! How rude!

 

“Um,” Jennie clenched her teeth, starting to get nervous. What’s an answer that makes sense? Who is a woman that Yoongi would probably be interested in? An ad for a drama appeared on the television screen, Jennie blurting out the first person she saw, “Park Shin-Hye!”

 

“…Really? That’s your ideal type?” Jimin asked.

 

“Yeah, really?” Hoseok added. Shut up Hoseok, you didn’t help at all!

 

“Yup, that’s my type!” Jennie replied, laughing awkwardly. Wow she is not acting like Yoongi right now.

 

Hoseok clicked his tongue, feeling secondhand embarrassment for Jennie. That was a terrible answer, and now she’s trying to recover but it’s definitely not working! He’s tried to help out as much as he can, but there are moments that not even Hoseok knows the answer. It’s been a few weeks since he’s seen the actual Yoongi, and he’s now starting to miss him again; it’s even worse when he has a constant reminder of Yoongi standing right in front of him… but it’s not his Yoongi!

 

Hoseok: [Hyung, let’s hang out.]

 

Yoongi: [What? Where is this coming from?]

 

Hoseok: [I haven’t seen you in three weeks!]

 

Yoongi: [Fine, fine. But first Jennie and I need to find a way to tell Jisoo about our situation.]

 

Hoseok: [Can’t you just have Jennie deal with that? When all the girls are away, text Jisoo from Jennie’s phone saying to come back to the dorm, and Jennie can be there to explain!]

 

Yoongi: [Shouldn’t I be there to help?]

 

Hoseok: [Nah, Jennie’s all good on her own! Let’s go to a bar!]

 

Yoongi: [No.]

 

Hoseok: [Why???]

 

Yoongi: [I’m not letting you get drunk and do weird things. And I will definitely get drunk if I go, so you’ll probably try to come onto Jennie’s body.]

 

Hoseok: [I promise I won’t! But you have to promise yourself that you won’t let it happen either ^^]

 

Yoongi: [Goodbye.]

 

Hoseok blew it. How sad. That’s what he gets for teasing his hyung.

 

Yoongi: [Pick me up this Friday at eight.]

 

Or maybe he didn’t ruin it?

 

“Jennie, who are you texting?” Jisoo asked, leaning over Yoongi’s shoulder.

 

“Ah, just my, um, father.” Yoongi replied, quickly putting his phone away.

 

“I thought your father believed that cellphones are useless? He got one?”

 

Wait, what? How does Jennie communicate with her father then?

 

“He was using my mother’s phone.” Yoongi covered.

 

“Your mom has a flip phone.”

 

“I know.”

 

Wow, Jennie’s parents sound weird. Jisoo has mentioned things about Jennie’s parents before, wondering how her mother is doing with her directing and how her father’s traveling is going… it’s nice of her to check up on Jennie’s family, but Yoongi doesn’t know about them.

 

Yoongi and Jennie plan to tell Jisoo about the secret this Friday (four days), and Jennie is really excited about it. He can tell that Jennie being apart from her friends is taking a toll on her, so he’s doing this out kindness. And because it makes sense that they each have a friend that knows.

 

They’re going to follow Hoseok’s plan; Chaeyoung and Lalisa are going out to dinner on Friday with some of their trainee friends, while Jisoo is going to one of her acting classes. Jennie’s going to text Jisoo and will say to meet her at the dorm, and POW it’ll all be explained. Yoongi won’t be surprised is Jisoo calls the cops, so they have a backup plan just in case that happens.

 

Jisoo sighed, then lay down on Yoongi’s lap, “Jennie, I miss our talks, don’t you?”

 

Yoongi was frozen in his place, not expecting Jisoo to lay down on him, “Uh, yeah.”

 

“We just don’t have any time to! And when we do, you don’t want to! It’s so sad.” Jisoo pouted, looking up at him.

 

Yoongi stared at Jisoo, yet again feeling bad for being so cold. Ever since his talk with Jennie three weeks ago, he’s tried to open up to Jisoo about random stuff. But it’s difficult for him! Anyways, what does he have to talk about besides the swap?

 

Suddenly Jisoo sat up, holding Yoongi’s face, “Tell me a secret, I beg of you.”

 

How long has Jisoo been this pretty? Yoongi hasn’t noticed it before; he’s only admired Lalisa’s looks. Chaeyoung is attractive as well. God this is difficult. Sometimes Yoongi finds himself entranced by Jennie’s friends, but that could just be because he hasn’t dated in a while.

 

“You’re really pretty.” Yoongi stated, lowkey biting his lip.

 

Jisoo blushed, “Ah, Jendeukie, stop that! I’m serious!”

 

“That’s my secret.”

 

“That’s not a secret, that’s just a compliment. I tell you that all the time!”

 

It’s true; Jisoo does compliment Jennie a lot. Yoongi’s always had a slight feeling that Jisoo would go out with Jennie in another life because of how much she compliments Jennie.

 

“Let’s have a gossip session Friday, then. Maybe I’ll have a secret by then?” Yoongi suggested, deciding to put the plan in action.

 

Jisoo eyes lit up, clearly happy about Yoongi’s statement, “Totally! And it’ll be better since Pasta and Nalalisa will be out to dinner!”

 

“It’s a date then.” Yoongi said.

 

Jisoo’s in for the juiciest gossip session of her whole life. She’ll probably faint from how intense the gossip is. She’s done it before.

 

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter