:18: "Saranghaeyo."

Permuto
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Okay then. One… two…” Yoongi started to say, grinning, “Three.”

 

“I’m-I-into-love-you.” The said in unison; they both said different statements, so it just didn’t sound right when they said it together.

 

“…Oh , did I say the wrong thing?” Jennie asked.

 

“What did you say?”

 

“I said that I was into you.”

 

“Oh. I mean, it’s not wrong. I just didn’t say that.”

 

Oh god, Jennie. You messed it up. Come on, it would have been such a perfect moment!

 

“Did you just say that you love me?” Jennie said, somehow surprised.

 

“…I thought you were going to say that.”

 

“So you said that just because you thought I was?”

 

“No, I,” Yoongi sighed, rubbing his temples, “Look. After the whole Hanbin thing happened, I just felt really protective of you for some reason. I thought this was just me being a good friend, but after what you said to me on Valentine’s Day,”

 

“You realized that you’re in love with me.” Jennie finished his sentence.

 

“Yeah,” He mumbled, “And that’s why I was in the restroom for so long.”

 

“You were having a panic attack?”

 

“Kind of.”

 

“Wow, alright, it’s nice to know that people freak out when they realize that they’re in love with me,” Jennie said, “At least I hid mine better.”

 

You know, I thought this moment was going to be nice! But now they’re both just really confused but also somewhat offended.

 

“Wait, are you in love with me?” Yoongi asked.

 

“Well, yeah. I just said it in a casual way. You were overdramatic.”

 

Yoongi chuckled, “It wasn’t overdramatic.”

 

The two were silent, not really knowing what to do now. They literally just professed their love for one another, and all the tension has been broken. They also lowkey made-out.

 

“Uh,” Jennie stood there awkwardly, not knowing what to do next, “So what do people do after they admit their feelings like this?”

 

Yoongi shrugged, “I don’t know. Make-out probably.”

 

“We could do that.”

 

And Jennie’s phone started ringing. It was Hoseok, who wanted to tell Jennie to get back to the dorm because they still had another performance that night. So their beautiful moment was broken by BTS’s hectic schedule.

 

“Damn, well, duty calls I guess.” Jennie said.

 

Yoongi frowned, upset at himself for not being romantic. Well, he wasn’t planning to, but once the two kissed, he shouldn’t have acted to nonchalant about everything.

 

“I feel like we did this in such a completely wrong way.” He grumbled.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Isn’t this supposed to be more dramatic?”

 

“But that’s what makes it cringey.” Jennie told him.

 

Wow, they’re acting quite casual for two people who just said “I love you” to one another.

 

“We should do a redo.”

 

Jennie laughed, “Come on, it wasn’t that bad! It was cute!”

 

“I’ve been hiding this for almost four months though!” He retorted.

 

“Are you really that upset about it?”

 

“Kind of.”

 

Jennie actually finds Yoongi’s current attitude really cute. Sure he’s getting upset for a stupid reason, but it just continues to show how much he cares. At least everything is validated now.

 

“Fine, next time we see each other, we can have a redo.” Jennie told him.

 

Yoongi smiled, “Really?”

 

“Yeah. So get your dramatic speech ready!”

 

And so, Jennie left with haste, knowing that BTS is going to hate her for running late. It was worth it though! Not only did she admit her feelings for Yoongi, but he felt exactly the same way! How romantic!

 

Yoongi watched Jennie leave, pleasantly surprised with how the night turned out. He’s surprised that he didn’t even get angry about the Yujin situation, but honestly, that means nothing to him now. All that matters is that Jennies loves him back.

 

He used to think that he was in love with Yujin when he dated her, but maybe that was him pretending to be in love? With Jennie, everything just feels so natural. Even when they kissed, it felt so right.

 

All he wants is that redo. He just feels bad that it went downhill! Well, it ended fine, but for some reason he feels like Jennie deserves a better moment.

 

…When is the next time he’s going to see Jennie anyways? Tomorrow, hopefully.

 

 

Jennie groaned when her alarm clock went off, forgetting how early she set it. She was up until two in the morning with BTS, because they had to prerecord a lot of stuff and attend some concert-festival thing. She told Hoseok about what happened, who proceeded to freak out. In a good way. He bounced up and down, congratulating Jennie, then called Yoongi to congratulate him. Yoongi was already half-asleep, so he was kind of upset that Hoseok called him so late at night.

 

It feels like last night was just a lucid dream Jennie had. But it wasn’t! Yoongi’s in love with her! It all happened so fast! At first she thought Yoongi was going to yell at her for the whole Yujin situation, and then she thought Yoongi found out that she was in love without him even though he didn’t feel the same way, BUT THEN she discovered that he felt the same way. This all happened in a span of thirty minutes! WOW!

 

This is all so amazing. Who knew that after all this time, Jennie and Yoongi would turn out to be in love with one another? I sure didn’t. Jennie didn’t either! She never expected that from this experience that,

 

Wait a second.

 

Eyes still closed, Jennie pressed her nose up against her pillow, a familiar scent filling her nostrils. She proceeded to sniff her pillow, and her eyes shot open once she recognized the aroma.

 

That’s Lisa’s perfume.

 

Why is Lisa’s perfume on her pillow? Why is it in her room?

 

Jennie scanned the room, her eyes wide with surprise. Well, that explains the smell.

 

She’s in her room. No, not Lisa’s. She’s in her own room!

 

Holy . Is this actually happening? Am I narrating what I think I’m narrating?!

 

No, they did not switch back just because they kissed! That’s so stupid! If Jennie knew that, she would have kissed Yoongi months ago!

 

Looking at her hands, Jennie started tearing up. These are her pudgy girl-hands! And her hair, she has her long, beautiful hair! Jennie looked down, smiling from the sight of her chest being back.

 

And now she’s sobbing. Did her s really make her cry?

 

This has to be a dream. She hopes it isn’t though!

 

Jennie quickly got out of bed, tripping from how light she was again. She looked at her toes, then began to bend over just to feel her smooth legs. Her smile could have lightened up the whole room… but it’s daytime so we wouldn’t be able to see that spectacle.

 

This can’t be happening. Jennie must be– alright, we already established that this is not a dream, so Jennie needs to get over it.

 

A feeling of warmth came over her body, the comfort of being in her own dorm filling her with happiness and nostalgia all at once. Sure she hasn’t seen Chaeyoung and Lalisa yet, but just being in her own bedroom is making her tear up.

 

Jennie ran out of her bedroom into the washroom, flicking on the light once she entered.

 

Staring at her reflection, her eyes yet again welled with tears, a smile forming across her lips.

 

She was currently looking back at herself. Well, she was staring at a much more tired and emotionally-unstable version of herself. But still!

 

Many different emotions were running through her; she was ecstatic to be back, but she was confused why it happened. She was also kind of upset why Yoongi would spray Lisa’s perfume on his pillow, so jealousy was in the back of her mind as well.

 

What does she do now?! Does she call Yoongi? Does she tell him congratulations? Well, it was a team effort, but still… what does one do in when such a huge situation is solved?

 

Jennie wanted to do something, but her body was frozen in place, trying to absorb everything that happened in the past twenty-four hours. From BTS’s hectic schedule, to Yoongi, to her vulnerable moment with him, and now this. This is what it was all leading up to.

 

After a whole year, Jennie and Yoongi finally figured out how to change back. Well, they didn’t really try to figure it out; it was just a coincidence how the method of changing back had to do with their feelings towards one another. But Jennie hasn’t realized that yet.

 

And so, after she reunited with herself in the mirror, Jennie did the first thing that came to her mind and,

 

“JISOO!” She yelled, running out of the washroom. Jennie found herself constantly tripping, still trying to readjust to her light body.

 

The oldest of the group was currently standing behind the sofa, startled by Jennie yelling at her. Is Yoongi upset about how Jisoo told him about Yujin, not Jennie? Oh god, is Yoongi going to confront her on something? She’s not ready! She just woke up twenty minutes ago!

 

“Are you upset with me? Look, I was drunk last night so I,” Jisoo tried to explain once Jennie ran up to her. Jisoo stopped talking once she saw Jennie looking around the room with a wide grin, staring at Jennie with a suspicious look. “Did you fondle Jennie’s body again or something? Why do you look so happy?”

 

Jennie paused, “Again? He did it more than once?”

 

“What do you mean he? I mean you?”

 

“Where are Chaeyoungie and Lisa?” Jennie asked, now walking throughout the dorm.

 

Is Yoongi ill or something? Why is he calling Chaeyoung “Chaeyoungie”? Why did he refer to himself in the third person? Why does he look so goddamn excited?! It’s almost like,

 

“Holy .” Jisoo said loudly, Jennie freezing in place.

 

“Did you just realize that I,”

 

Jisoo ran up to Jennie, embracing her tightly, “JENNIE. JENNIE KIM. MY JENDEUKIE. MY HOMEGIRL. MY RIDE OR DIE, MY,”

 

“Alright, we get it, I’m myself now.” Jennie chuckled, patting Jisoo’s .

 

Jisoo slapped her hand away, “YOONGI THAT’S– oh. Still not adjusted.”

 

The two laughed, Jisoo still keeping Jennie close to her, “I haven’t hugged you since last May.”

 

“I know, we fit so well together,” Jennie said quietly, “Yoongi’s body is too big for our hugs of friendship.”

 

“OH GOD I’m gonna start crying,” Jisoo let Jennie go, fanning her eyes.

 

“STOP you’re going to make me cry also! I already did today!”

 

And two two started sobbing. I mean, it’s expected. Sure Jisoo and Jennie hugged multiple times in the past year, but that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter