:4: "I can try."

Permuto
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jennie woke up with a groan, feeling a little less tired than the morning before. Opening her eyes, she saw that she was still in Yoongi’s room, not surprised that they haven’t swapped back yet.

 

She won’t be able to see Yoongi at all today, so it’s important that they both play their roles correctly without messing up. Although she hates doing it, she’s probably ignored Yoongi’s friends four times since she got back to the dorm yesterday. It’s pretty tough… she feels bad that she’s doing this, but Yoongi told her specifically not to share any information with them.

 

“WAKEY WAKEY, YOONGI!” Someone yelled on the other side of the door.

 

“Oh god, it begins.” Jennie mumbled. At least she gets a little reminder of home; Jisoo does this all the time if Jennie’s not awake on time.

 

But apparently Taehyung has now replaced her role.

 

“I’m up.” Jennie stated, rolling out of bed.

 

Oops, she just fell onto the floor. Anyways, Jennie quickly got dressed, the whole “I have male parts” not fazing her as much as yesterday. Her shower experienced helped but, unlike Yoongi, she didn’t do anything naughty.

 

She stayed up late just to see what YG had in store for her; she had a hunch that it’d either be decent news with a catch, or horrible news. It was the first one. Yoongi sounded shocked when he told her what Yang Hyun-Suk wants her to do… honestly, it wasn’t that bad. She has a whole week to write three songs, then three weeks to learn a dance and solo performance.

 

Jennie has had much worse.

 

Anyways, doesn’t Yoongi write songs all the time? What’s the big deal? Maybe he’s nervous about the dancing part.

 

“So after our performance we have an interview, but we’ll get lunch before it,” Namjoon was explaining to the members. Jennie walked out in her hoodie, feeling exhausted. Maybe Yoongi has a sleeping problem?

 

“So how far are we on the new music?” Seokjin asked.

 

“Well, we have an instrumental for one of the title tracks,” Namjoon said, then turned to Jennie, “right hyung?”

 

Oh god, Yoongi is supposed to have the music?

 

“Uh, yeah,” Jennie mumbled, trying to act angsty and mysterious.

 

“He doesn’t sound too confident about it.” Jimin said.

 

Hoseok looked at Jennie, who was currently avoiding any eye contact. He’s acting weird again? It seems that no one is noticing this except him… so maybe Hoseok is just trying to point out every single small thing Yoongi is doing.

 

“No, I-I have it.” Jennie told them, completely lying. Well, Yoongi does have it somewhere in his room, but she just doesn’t know where that is.

 

“Good, then we can get started once we get to the studio!” Namjoon said happily.

 

“How long are we going to be there?” Jungkook asked.

 

Namjoon shrugged, “I don’t know, like, three hours?”

 

Three hours?! But they’re going to be getting there late at night! What’s the deal with that?

 

Hoseok patted Yoongi on the back, “I guess you’ll have to find another time to get more sleep, pal!”

 

Oh, so apparently Yoongi is known for being exhausted all the time?

 

“Alright guys, we should head out. Our performance is soon.” Namjoon told s.

 

Holy , Jennie is performing today! Does she even remember the dance? Did she even memorize the lyrics?

 

Last night Jennie was up until two in the morning memorizing Yoongi’s lines. Sure he doesn’t have a lot of them in I NEED U, but she was trying to get his tone correct and everything. It was strange once she got his style of rap right, because it sounded like she was lipsyncing to the actual song… y’know, since its Yoongi’s voice.

 

“Do you think we’ll win another weekly award this time?” Jimin asked.

 

“Hopefully! I believe in us!” Hoseok smiled.

 

“If we win, should we do something funny for the fans?” Taehyung asked.

 

“Like what?” Seokjin replied.

 

He shrugged, “We could change parts.”

 

“That’s actually a good idea.” Jungkook responded.

 

Oh no. Jennie only knows Yoongi’s part and the chorus!

 

“I’ll do Yoongi hyung’s part!” Jimin raised his hand.

 

Damn, so Yoongi’s part is taken. Well, it’s not surprising since she’s Yoongi.

 

“I’ll do Taehyungie’s part.” Hoseok said.

 

“Do we have to do this?” Seokjin pouted.

 

“Hyung, it’s fun!” Taehyung replied.

 

Jennie, you better speak up now, or else you’re going to be quite embarrassed when you forget the lyrics for the encore.

 

“I’ll do the chorus.” Jennie said.

 

Everyone looked at the rapper, surprised that he’s willing to participate.

 

“Seriously?” Namjoon asked, surprised.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Wow, alright hyung!” Jimin clapped.

 

“But you can’t sing.” Hoseok joked.

 

Oh, he can’t? She expected Yoongi to be one of those rappers that can secretly sing well. Apparently not.

 

“I can try.” Jennie replied.

 

“That’s the spirit!” Namjoon said.

 

Well, Jennie can sing, so would that help? Or is it because his vocal cords can’t handle it? We’ll have to see.

 

 

Yoongi was currently seated at a desk in Jennie’s room, writing down any lyric ideas that came through his head.

 

Problem was: no lyrics were running through his head.

 

He’s written a ton of songs before, but usually he’s given a topic! And he only has a week to do this! Goddamn this is difficult.

 

In about an hour Yoongi needs to go turn on the television to watch Music Bank. BTS is performing and he’s praying that Jennie does well. ARMYs are quick to notice if one of the members is feeling off, so Jennie has a lot on her shoulders.

 

Wow, he’s never had the writer’s block like he does now. Is it because he feels so pressured about it? YG is really intimidating, and he has Jennie’s future in the palm of his hand.

 

And what’s even weirder is that the other three girls didn’t seem to care! YG literally said “you’re gone if you mess up” and they were happy! ?!?!?!

 

It when you don’t have anything you want to do

I know it’s pathetic to not have something

 

Yoongi huffed, proud that he got two lines out, but annoyed that they’re somewhat depressing. Isn’t YG known for their fierce songs? This isn’t fierce… if he continues, it’ll probably be angsty and upsetting.

 

He needs to take a break.

 

Walking out of Jennie’s room, Yoongi went to go fetch a snack. He opened the fridge to see his selections, which wasn’t that much, but his eyes kept going back to one thing.

 

Ugh, why is he craving that?

 

Grabbing the carton, Yoongi sighed, not getting Jennie’s strange obsession with milk. He wants food, why does he keep eyeing the milk carton?

 

“Look at this, unnie!” Lalisa exclaimed, running up to Yoongi.

 

Taking a sip of the (surprisingly tasty) milk, Yoongi tried to act interested, “What is it?”

 

The maknae clicked play on a video, which showed some girl dancing wildly to a remixed Rihanna song.

 

“…I don’t get it.” Yoongi stated. The woman was doing somewhat sensual moves, but at the same time she busted out some quick, impressive choreography. It involved a lot of feminine movement.

 

Lalisa laughed, “It’s the dance we’re going to do, unnie!”

 

Yoongi choked on his drink, “That’s what we’re doing?”

 

“Yeah! I’m so excited! I love dancing like this.”

 

She likes to roll her body and whip around the dance floor? It sounds like Lalisa is secretly a wild gal.

 

Yoongi smirked, “Oh, you do?”

 

Lalisa laughed in response, not getting that Yoongi was unintentionally making a flirtatious gesture.

 

Chaeyoung walked into the room with a bowl in hand, looking bored.

 

“I should be starting the preparation for my solo performance, but I’m too lazy.” Chaeyoung sighed.

 

“Well, your future is on the line.” Yoongi replied, still not understanding why the girls are being so nonchalant about the situation.

 

Chaeyoung looked at him, confused, “Jennie, you’re usually the one to put this stuff off until the last night.”

 

…What the hell did she just say?

 

Yoongi stood there, not able to understand Chaeyoung. Did she just speak in English? Why would she suddenly speak in English?

 

“Well she can’t put it off this time; she has three songs to write! But don’t worry Jennie, your songs are always amazing. I believe in you!” Lalisa joined in on the English conversation.

 

Oh GOD this is bad. Does Jennie speak English? She has to if both girls are speaking it to him. He doesn’t know anything in English! Well, except “hello” “how are you” and “bye”. Maybe he should have taken Namjoon up on those English lessons.

 

“Bye.” Yoongi said, running out of the room. Wow, what a nice save!

 

Chaeyoung and Lalisa watched their friend run away, confused why Jennie didn’t continue the conversation.

 

“Is she upset that we said she puts this stuff off?” Lalisa asked.

 

Chaeyoung shrugged, “Maybe. What a weirdo.”

 

Yoongi dialed his phone number, feeling ashamed of his poor English skills.

 

“Hello?” Jennie asked, confused why Yoongi was calling her.

 

“You need to teach me English.”

 

“…Oh god, how bad did it go.”

 

“They started hitting me with full-on sentences, so I did the right thing and said ‘bye’.” Yoongi told her.

 

Jennie sighed, “Wow, okay. Not a good way to get out of that situation, but whatever. Next time we see each other I’ll start teaching you. It’ll have to be a regular-basis thing though. The girls and I talk in English a lot.”

 

“Oh god, kill me now.”

 

There was a silence on the other line, Yoongi thinking that the call dropped. Jennie finally spoke up, “I have to go.”

 

“For the performance?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Well, good luck.”

 

“Thanks… I’m gonna try my best.” She told him.

 

Yoongi couldn’t help but smile hearing how genuine Jennie sounded. It’s nice that she’s going to try.

 

“I’ll be watching.” Yoongi said.

 

“Oh god, please don’t.”

 

“Why?”

 

Jennie sighed, “The guys are telling you to sing the chorus for the encore performance… if you win.”

 

Yoongi didn’t answer for a few moments, wanting to kill s, “I’ll still watch.”

 

“Alright, I warned you.”

 

“Jennie, come here! The show is starting!” Jisoo yelled from the other room.

 

“What was that?” Jennie asked.

 

“Apparently the show is about to start.” Yoongi replied.

 

“Oh yeah, we watch all of the music shows.”

 

“Great. Well, have fun. Don’t screw up.”

 

“Wow, that makes me feel better. Bye then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter