Hallucinations

New Rules
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next few days went by in a flash for Jennie. Seulgi contacted her almost every second and although she appreciated the concern from her girlfriend, she wished she could be left alone to her thoughts. She would always text back though, letting her know that she was okay. That's the least she could do.

Jennie sat on her couch in the living room of her apartment, chewing on her bottom lip- the TV on as background noise at this point. For the past few days, all she could think about was Jisoo, and she hated it. Hated that she was reverted back to this- her on her mind and sneaking her way into her heart again. Surely, Jisoo didn't intend for this to happen. But Jennie felt better blaming the girl rather than blaming herself.

She wondered if Jisoo knew that she was the one that sent the notebook, sent the rules that helped her a year ago. After that night, Jennie had finally felt okay and was determined to get her life back on track without Jisoo. So, she got rid of her rules- wanted to give them to someone else that could follow them like she did. 

Jennie knew all about how Jinyoung had hurt Jisoo countless times- he would cheat on her again and again, a different girl every time and Jennie wondered why Jisoo stayed with him despite how badly he treated her. She didn't know why she tortured herself like that- but then again, maybe she did. She did the exact same thing with Jisoo a year ago.

Her phone vibrated next to her and she broke her intense staring contest she didn't even know she was having with Kuma and looked over to it. She saw it was a text from Seulgi.

"Are you free today? Do you wanna hang out?" it read. Jennie smiled at the girl's efforts- she really did like this girl. Jennie thought for a moment, staring at the text. Half of her wanted to stay home in her pajamas and think about all this- but the other half of her wanted to see Seulgi, wanted to forget for at least a day and feel better. She picked up her phone and replied to the text.

"What did you have in mind?"

~~

"Really, Seulgi? Rock climbing?" Jennie said in disbelief. Seulgi laughed at her as they stood in front of the building. She grabbed Jennie's hand and pulled her inside.

"Come on, it'll be fun!" Seulgi said, clearly excited. Jennie sighed and let herself be pulled along, eventually stopping in front of one of the instructors. Seulgi conversed with him while Jennie took a look at the wall they'd be climbing. She gulped and felt her stomach churn nervously, butterflies filling them. Suddenly, Seulgi's hand was out of hers and when Jennie looked to her right, Seulgi was already getting suited up to go. Jennie panicked.

"Where are you going? You're leaving me?" Jennie said. Seulgi looked over at her while the instructor finished suiting her up. Once she was ready to go, she reached out to squeeze Jennie's hand.

"Don't worry, babe. I'm going to be right there, okay? You can watch me the whole time to make sure nothing happens, alright?" Seulgi said, trying to reassure her. Jennie took a deep breath, nodding at her. Seulgi smiled and let go of her hand, walking up to the massive wall in front of them with her gear all ready. Jennie sat down on one of the benches against the opposite wall, eyes glued to Seulgi as she started her climb. Jennie's heart was beating fast, nervous at the fact that her girlfriend could fall. She didn't though as she expertly weaved and jumped her way up the wall to the very top, ringing the bell. Jennie sighed with relief and clapped for her.

Seulgi stayed at the top and sat down up there, looking down at Jennie. "Okay, your turn!" She yelled. Jennie's eyes widened and she shook her head rapidly.

"No. I can't, Seulgi." Jennie shouted back. Seulgi pouted.

"Come on! It'll be okay, I promise. It's completely safe." Seulgi said. Jennie bit her lip and looked at the wall, fidgeting with her hands. "Just don't look down. Look up at me." Seulgi continued. Jennie looked up at her and saw the smile on her face- saw the determination in her eyes to have Jennie conquer her fear. She caved.

"Alright, alright! I'll go." Jennie said, standing up. She heard Seulgi cheer and lightly chuckled- what had she gotten herself into?

The instructor walked over and started suiting her up for the climb. Once he was done, Jennie walked up to the wall and stood there, too nervous to even begin. She took a deep breath and looked up to where Seulgi sat, near the bell that she had to ring for the climb to be complete. Seulgi still had a smile on her face.

"Fighting!" She shouted cheerfully. Jennie felt a smile consume her face and she got enough courage from that alone to begin. She started off slow, taking Seulgi's advice in not looking down. She stared at the wall as she shakily made her way up. She heard Seulgi cheering for her and eventually she looked up to her, seeing her clapping her hands. Jennie smiled and kept looking to her, slowly but surely making her way upwards. Before she knew it, she was already at the top. She rang the bell and dared to look down just once, to see for herself. Her eyes widened at the distance of the fall and she pressed herself against the wall, nerves taking over.

"Don't look down, Jennie! It's okay. Here, take my hand." she heard from above her. Jennie brought her eyes up slowly, seeing a hand in her face. Her eyes glanced up to where Seulgi's face should have been, but instead she saw- Jisoo?

Jennie's eyes widened even more and she felt her grasp start to slip off the fake rocks on the wall. She went pale as she stared at Seulgi- Jisoo?- on top of the wall, reaching out to her. No, no- she shouldn't be here, how did she get here?

A voice was calling out to her, begging her to take their hand but she couldn't hear- couldn't breathe. Jennie felt her muscles give way and she slipped, falling backwards down the hall. A scream left her l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter