The Truth

New Rules
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jisoo, I have something to tell you." Jennie said.

Jisoo blinked at the sudden statement, but nodded and furrowed her eyebrows. She stood up from packing her things and turned her body to fully face Jennie. That made Jennie's heart pick up even more, her nerves overwhelming her. She gestured for Jisoo to sit down, to which she did. Jennie made her way over to her, taking a deep breath and sitting next to her.

"Jennie, you're kinda scaring me. What's wrong?" Jisoo asked, concered. Jennie took a few breaths, trying to calm her erratic heartbeat- which didn't work. She looked at Jisoo, into those eyes that looked worried more than anything. Jennie was positive those eyes would turn to hatred once she told her.

"I-" She couldn't do it. She was starting to lose her confidence the longer she looked into Jisoo's eyes. She looked away and covered her face, tears threatening to spill over. She felt a hand land on her shoulder gently.

"Jennie, it's okay. Whatever it is, I'm here for you." Jisoo said to her. Jennie started shaking her head, a bitter smile making it's way to her lips as she uncovered her face. It wasn't even the fact that Jennie gave the book to her that had Jennie so worried- it was the fact that she didn't tell Jisoo that it was her this whole time. She was the one to cause everything, and she kept it to herself.

Jennie bit her lip, staying silent. Jisoo sat there beside her, silent and patient as ever. Jennie wished she wasn't like that- wished Jisoo would yell at her, get mad at her. It made her confession that much harder when Jisoo was being so nice. Jennie kept her eyes on the floor, not daring to meet Jisoo's intense gaze on her. She took several more deep breaths, closing her eyes tightly.

"Jisoo." Jennie said in a shaky voice. It was now or never. "It was me." she said. Silence followed her confession, making her open her eyes and look at Jisoo. She looked confused.

"What was you?" Jisoo asked. Jennie hoped the girl would have understood- so she didn't have to fully explain. Jennie sighed deeply.

"I sent the book." Jennie said slowly. She looked at Jisoo, looked on as the gears started turning in Jisoo's mind. Jisoo blinked in disbelief, staring back at Jennie. A million emotions went across the older girl's face- confusion, disbelief, shock, and slight anger- all in that order. Jennie's breath left her lungs as her words finally resonated in Jisoo, finding it hard to breathe as Jisoo looked away from her.

"You- it was you?" Jisoo said. Jennie managed to let a breath out, her lungs begging for air after holding it in for so long. Jennie swallowed the lump in and nodded. "And you're just telling me this now?" Jisoo said, flitting her eyes over to Jennie's. Jennie felt the walls closing in- felt her lungs collapsing in her chest again. She kept the tears at bay and nodded again, unable to formulate any words at that moment.

Jisoo fell silent, looking away from her again and at the book on the table. Neither of them spoke for a good five minutes, Jisoo processing everything and Jennie regretting everything. She waited for the freak out from Jisoo- waited for the older girl to snap at her. But she didn't.

"Why?" Jisoo asked in a softer tone. Jennie blinked at the sudden gentle tone, fully expecting her to be angry. Jisoo glanced at her again, Jennie meeting her eyes nervously. She was hoping she wouldn't have had to answer that question- she wanted to avoid it forever. She took a breath and cleared .

"I saw how Jinyoung was hurting you. I wanted to help you." Jennie said honestly, leaving out the most important part. However, Jisoo was smart.

"But it said in the book that the person before me used these to help themselves." Jisoo said, staring at her. Jennie gulped inaudibly and nodded, indicating she understood that. "So you used these? For who?" Jisoo asked. Jennie's breath hitched at the question, before she looked away from Jisoo. She wasn't saying it- couldn't say it.

"It's not important. What's important is that they helped me and now they've helped you." Jennie said, hoping that would be enough for the older girl. It wasn't.

"Jennie, someone hurt you enough that you needed these. Who was it?" Jisoo asked. Jennie detected something in her tone, as if she already knew the answer to her own question but wanted confirmation from Jennie herself. Jennie felt her chest closing up, tears coming to her eyes. She couldn't- she said what she needed to say, that was enough.

"It doesn't matter. I think it's time for you to go." Jennie said, standing up quickly and wiping her eyes. She pulled on Jisoo's suitcase, bringing it to the door and opening it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter