☾ chapter eight

☾ Secrets Deep Inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Here's a gift for you, Dahyun," Jungkook said as he handed her a flat rectangular box. 

Dahyun blinked. "For me?" She asked, staring at him.

Jungkook smiled. "Yeah, for...helping me so much."

It had been four days since the day Jungkook and Yeri met, leaving Dahyun out.

"Go on, open it and see what's in there," Jungkook spoke again, startling Dahyun a little.

Dahyun slowly opened the box and gasped, her eyes wide with fear. 

Inside the box, there laid a glistening necklace. A silver necklace.

"Uh, Jungkook, I can't just receive gifts from you like this," Dahyun hastily said, and put the cover back onto the box with shaky hands. "I didn't really help you much in anything, so...yeah."

Jungkook blinked and looked at her. "W-Why? Did I do something wrong?" He asked worriedly.

Dahyun stood up and gave a short laugh. "No, Jungkook. I...I just...You know what? Never mind. I'm sorry." She said and walked away from Jungkook, tears falling down from her eyes.

As she was walking down the street, she kept looking back to make sure that Jungkook wasn't following her. It was such a close call. If she had accidentally touched the necklace, she would have revealed her true self to Jungkook. And that wouldn't be good. 

Speaking of revelation, she had not even been able to tell Yeri yet. She was supposed to tell her when Yeri was at her home that night, but with Jungkook and everything, she lost the chance to. And now she was afraid to face Yeri, and she was sure that Yeri was just as afraid to see her. 

"You won't be able to escape again, this time!"

Dahyun looked up when she heard that voice. That voice was unfamiliar, but yet it had an uncanny feeling to it. 

"I won't be sacrificing for someone like you!" A girl's voice shouted, and things could be heard thrown around. 

Dahyun knew that those voices came from the alley. The alley again. Why must all the deepest and darkest things happen in dark alleys? 

She peeked to see what's happening in the alley by hiding herself around the corner of the building. To her surprise, she recognised the girl to be none other than Tzuyu, but she did not know who the guy was. 

"You don't get to choose!" The guy shouted, and pushed Tzuyu against the wall, so hard that the red brick wall actually cracked and blood was soon dripping from the corner of Tzuyu's mouth. He had his right hand wrapped around her neck, and he bared his fangs. 

Fangs! He was a vampire! 

Tzuyu then kicked his shin and he jumped back, howling. Dahyun continued to watch the intense fight, her fingers gripped onto the corner of the building tightly, so tightly that paint was chipping off the walls.

"I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter