☾ chapter three

☾ Secrets Deep Inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You're not coming to school on Monday?"

"Yes, Yeri. I feel r-really sick," Dahyun stuttered into the phone.

"Ah, alright then Hyunnie, but take care neh? I'm seriously worried about you right now," Yeri's voice could be heard quivering on the other end of the line.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. I just need some rest," Dahyun said, before disconnecting the call and placing her phone on her bedside table.

She's a vampire now. 

A real, green-eyed, bloodthirsty vampire.

"Why?" She screamed as she shoved everything off her bedside table. She wanted to be an ordinary girl. Is that too much to ask for?

Soon, she regained her composure and laid on her bed, her hand resting against her forehead. Millions of thoughts were running through her head. She could not tell Yeri about it. She had seen her reaction that day during biology class when Gossip Queen mentioned about the deaths. She could not tell Jungkook about it. And that's not because Jungkook's afraid of vampires or anything.

It was because his whole family was killed by vampires.

"The moment I entered the house, corpses! There were bodies everywhere! Blood dripping all over the place. Everyone had bite marks on their necks!" Jungkook cried as he hugged Dahyun tightly.

Dahyun could only pat his back.

"It must have been vampires!" Jungkook cried, tears streaming down his face. "I really hate them now! If I ever see any, I would kill them!"

They were only eleven years old. And Jungkook had to live on his own when he was only eleven years old. That was why Dahyun and Jungkook were such close friends. It was because she was the only one who knew about this secret and she had helped Jungkook a lot when they were still young. Now that Jungkook is 17, he could look for part time jobs on his own.

"Dahyun! You okay? I heard screams!" Irene called out from the other side of the door.

"I'm fine unni!" Dahyun choked out. "I just want to be alone for a while."

She could hear Irene walking away from her bedroom.

She's definitely not fine. No one would be. How could she ever go to school like this? Would she have to wear circle lenses to cover up her emerald eyes? Wait. Circle lenses?

"Tzuyu!" A lightbulb flashed in her head as she finally found the way to solve all her questions.

She immediately picked up her phone which was lying on the floor and her small backpack before dashing out of her bedroom.

"I have to go out, unni!" She shouted as she passed by the living room and ran out of the house.

Once outside, she stopped running and froze on one spot as one question hit her like a bucket of ice cold water. Where on earth is she supposed to look for Tzuyu? Nevertheless, Tzuyu was her only chance and so she had to try every place that she could go. 

Dahyun tried using the dark alley to get to the streets quicker but she soon stopped in her tracks when she realised that a conversation was going on between two people in the alley.

"Was it you yesterday?" An unfamiliar voice said. The voice sounded sweet but the way it spoke was quite harsh.

Silence followed.

"I knew that you were targeting for her! And it was because you knew that she would be home late! You just didn't expect those girls to come and ruin your plan!" The voice continued to scold the other person.

Dahyun, feeling curious, peeked over the wall and almost screamed. Again.

Standing in the dark alley was her school headmistress, Mrs Kim, and...Tzuyu. 

And Tzuyu had red eyes. 

So Dahyun was right about her being a vampire, but what were they talking about? And her headmistress...was she a vampire all this while?

"But I'm glad they did. If not you would have killed her because nobody would be passing by the alley at that time! She was so lucky to have chosen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter