☾ chapter four

☾ Secrets Deep Inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you okay, Dahyun? You look a little...lost," Yeri said as she took a closer look at Dahyun. "Are you wearing circle lenses Dahyun? You know that those are not allowed," she whispered.

Dahyun sighed and shook her head. She had a mask on and she knew that talking would only make Yeri more suspicious. She took out her small notepad and wrote, I'm fine, really. It's okay, my eyes are a little off today I guess.

"Off?" Yeri asked in a tone that made Dahyun shudder. It's just so hard to lie to someone. Especially when that person's your best friend.

"Alright then, I think I know what you meant, buddy," Yeri said in a soothing voice, and patted her back. "But if you need anything, ask me okay? You don't look well."

Dahyun nodded and drew a smiley face on her notepad. Yeri smiled and then went on talking with other girls in their class. It's biology class again. Dahyun couldn't help but stare at Tzuyu, who was at her usual place in class and looking out of the window. If it had not been her, Dahyun would still be hiding at home, not willing to face the world.

That night, after she heard the howl of the wolf, she decided to sleep as soon as possible. After all, wolves are kind of scary. She did not know why the idea of werewolves popped into her mind, but it was probably just her overthinking. All because of this vampire thing. However, she couldn't sleep at all because her mind was working all night, thinking of the worst scenarios that could ever happen. And one of them was Jungkook running away from her.

She looked around the classroom. Mr Park was doing his job giving a lecture up front, but none of the words he said made sense to Dahyun. And that was when she felt it. She could hear heartbeats all around her and suddenly the classroom looked like a buffet to her. She looked at Yeri and could see blood flowing in arteries in her neck. She gulped. That was unexpected. suddenly felt dry. She was thirsty. Thirsty for blood.

Before she could go out of control, she stood up and asked if she may go to the washroom. Mr Park gave her a look but allowed her to go. Dahyun immediately rushed out of the classroom, and that was when she could finally breathe. It was so tempting. She ran to the washroom and found herself crying. This was too much. And that was where she stayed for the rest of the class.

***

Back at home, she did not even do her usual greeting for her godmother before running to the bedroom. Once she closed the door, she took the mask off and removed the lenses. They made her feel so uncomfortable. And this was only day one.

"Honey! Jungkook's here to look for you!" Irene shouted. Dahyun's eyes were wide with shock. Whatever would she tell Jungkook? She just took off her lenses! She then smacked her head. She could just tell Jungkook that she was trying out new circle lenses! This isn't her school so that's quite normal. 

She put on her mask before walking down the stairs to see Jungkook waiting for her while sitting on the couch waiting for her.

"Dahyu-" Jungkook called but stopped when he realised her eye colour. "Your eyes-"

"I bought new circle lenses Jungkook!" Dahyun said, trying to make her voice sound cheerful. 

"Are you sick, Dahyun? Do you want to go to a clinic for a check-up?" Jungkook asked. He sounded really worried about Dahyun. At least that made Dahyun happy.

"So anything you want to from me today?" Dahyun asked, trying to change the subject.

"Well," Jungkook said, his cheeks starting to turn red, as he rubbed his nap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter