☾ chapter nineteen

☾ Secrets Deep Inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Let's hurry before anyone comes," Dahyun hissed as she and Jungkook ran through the shortcut to her home, also known as the dark alley.

"Too late."

Dahyun's eyes widened when she heard that and immediately stopped running and turned backwards.

"I thought you were dead," she said sarcastically. 

"Not so easy," Jongin growled.

Dahyun squinted at the figure in front of him. As Jongin ran forward, she got ready to build the ice wall but he was not running towards her.

"Dahyun!" Jungkook shouted. Dahyun gasped as she realised that Jongin had caught hold of Jungkook, and he had a smirk on his face.

"What a pity, if only someone could save him," he said, and smiled. Dahyun's heart raced. A knot was tightening in her stomach. 

"He's innocent. There's no reason for you to get him," Dahyun said, eyeing Jungkook.

"Well, I won't kill him. All I want is your necklace. So it's either," he pointed to Jungkook. "Him-" His finger turned to point at Dahyun. "-or the necklace."

Dahyun's hand unconsciously reached for the necklace.

"No, Dahyun! Don't give it to him!" Jungkook shouted, and Jongin wrapped his fingers around his neck, so he could say nothing more.

"I'm not going to let Jungkook die," Dahyun mumbled, looking at the ground. The she looked at both of them. "But I won't let you take my necklace either."

She slowly pulled out a knife from her sling bag. 

"That's..." Jungkook choked, and started coughing because Jongin was tightening his grip around his neck. 

"I picked it up that day, Jungkook. It's Mijoo's," Dahyun said, staring at her reflection in the knife. "I'm surprised you remembered."

She then turned to Jongin. "You should know if that someone dies while wearing this necklace, the powers in this necklace would decrease drastically," Dahyun said with a smile. Without saying another word, she stabbed herself right in the place of her heart.

Screams could be heard. 

Blood was gushing out of her wound. Dahyun dropped onto her knees. She closed her eyes as she let the pain go on, and expected herself to collapse any moment. However, as time passed, she felt the pain slowly dying away. Is she dying already? She opened her eyes, only to realise that there was no more blood flowing out, and her wound had completely sealed up.

"An immortal?" Jongin gasped, and Dahyun slowly stood up, staring at her knife. Surely, it was stained with her blood, yet she was perfectly fine.

A thought flashed in her mind. It was time to end all this drama.

Dahyun held out her hand, and closed her eyes. When she opened them, she could see an ice sword slowly forming in her hands. It glinted under the sun, but it did not melt. 

"Goodbye, the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter