☾ chapter one

☾ Secrets Deep Inside
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a long day.  

"Irene unni! I'm home!" Dahyun shouted the moment she opened the door. She took off her sneakers and lined them in front of the door neatly before entering the house.

"How's school, honey?" Irene, her godmother, asked as Dahyun entered the living room.

"It was okay, I guess," she said, sighing softly, then froze. "Oh, I forgot that I was supposed to meet Jungkook today!" She shouted as she grabbed her small but cute backpack which was hanging on a vintage coat stand nearby the door and rushed out of the living room.

"Bye, unni!" She called out once again before leaving the house.

***

"Yah! Jeon Jungkook!" Dahyun shouted as she spotted him standing alone in front of the cafe where they always meet up at.

Jungkook, however, seemed to staring at something in a distance, lost in his own thoughts.

Dahyun, at this moment, who was panting from all the running, went up to him and snapped her fingers right in front of his face. Jungkook blinked. She could tell that Jungkook was snapped back to reality from the sudden snapping of her fingers.

"Why are you so late, Hyun?" Jungkook asked, playfully glaring at her.

Dahyun blushed. "I kinda forgot."

"Anyone could have guessed that," Jungkook said, snickering as he said that. It's true. Dahyun has the memory of a goldfish. Sometimes. It just got worse after the car accident she got involved in when she was seven years old. But that was an exact decade ago.

"Yah! Let's just go in and get it over with," Dahyun said as she pushed open the glass doors of the cafe. Somehow, she went in easily while Jungkook struggled a little to push open the door. She gave Jungkook a look then walked towards the counter.

"One hot latte, please," she said politely to the barista. "Make it two," Jungkook said, panting by the time he reached the counter. He casually leaned against the counter, which made Dahyun's heart flutter.

Who wouldn't?

This childhood friend of hers is just too handsome for anyone to take. Dahyun had actually been secretly crushing on him since a long time ago. However, Jungkook treats her like a childhood best friend, which is what they are, but nothing more. It's just so frustrating. 

"So what happened this time? You need help?" Dahyun asked. 

They are both seated at a table next to the window, where you could see a breathtaking scenery of the outside world. Actually, not really. 

"I have a history project on heirlooms," Jungkook started to speak.

Dahyun's hand unconsciously reached for her pendant and touched it.

"And?" Dahyun asked, even though she was quite certain of what Jungkook's going to ask.

"You're the only one I know who actually owns a real heirloom," Jungkook said, looking at her pendant. "So you're the one I'm going to get information from."

"Sure," Dahyun said. "But I don't think I know too much about the histo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter