017

Error 404 : Love Not Found (FLASHDRIVE SEQUEL)

"You were there?" Taeyeon asked in shock. Jessica smiled sadly before nodding once and took another sip of her drink.

"Yup, and it was so awful" she said before placing the glass down and sat properly, ready to tell the whole story. Taeyeon listlened silently. "I was on LA for a vacation that time, and I was their third wheel. The three of us watched a movie and ate dinner together. Tiffany and the stupid guy had an argument over something. They were shouting at each other on the car while they were about to drop me home. I was sitting behind them, watching them quietly. I was so damn scared that time." Jessica explained and paused for a while. Taeyeon nodded as a gesture that tells the latter to go on. Jessica gulped before continuing. "I told you that the guy wasn't paying attention on the road right?" Taeyeon nodded. "I screamed when there was an incoming truck. He suddenly grabbed the steering wheel and turned the car quickly, but he didn't see the tree. So the car crashed with a big impact, I have no injuries that time, but I kinda had chest pains. So that's how Tiffany lost her memory" Jessica explained and looked around for Tiffany, cheking if the girl is already there. Thankfully, she's nowhere to be found.

"If she lost her memory, how can she remember you?" Taeyeon asked.

"Good question" Jessica said. "When we got her to the hospital, the doctors claimed that she has post-traumatic amnesia, a mild trauma. She forgot what happened before the accident, even the movie that we watched and the dinner that we ate. The doctor also said that having this kind of amnesia might make her lose some knowledge about who people are. For instance, you" Jessica explained, Taeyeon didn't know how to react, so she just sat there quietly. "But the doctor said that it is possible that her memory will come back to her again, it will just take some time" she explained.

Taeyeon felt relieved. She now understands why Tiffany called her 'Tae', which gives her a little bit of hope.

"Has she told you anything about remembering me?" Taeyeon asked.

Jessica paused for a while to think, and her face brightened under the dimmed bar lights after remembering what Tiffany told her earlier.

"She came over to my house this afternoon and asked me to come here with her. She also told me that she was having dreams about you on some nights, and she thinks that her memories about you are slowly coming back" she explained.

"But how can you not just tell her about me? Remind her about us?" Taeyeon said in a slightly angry tone.

"Look, she'll go crazy if we push some informations about her. Like the time that she finally woke up on the hospital. At first, she was just confused, because she didn't know why she was in the hospital. When we told her about the accident, which she has forgotten about, she lost her mind. She had and episode, you know, she screamed a lot. She felt scared and she didn't want to believe that she got into an accident. So the doctors said that it is better not to push informations and just let her remember things on her own" Jessica explained again. Taeyeon's mouth formed into a rounded shape, finally understanding everything completely. "I'm sorry if Tiffany is like that, it's just...she went through a lot when the two of you separated" she added. Taeyeon lowered her head.

Taeyeon also went through a lot when Tiffany left. She couldn't stop thinking about Tiffany days after she left her, she left her devastated.

"You thought she was pretending to forget about you, right?" Jessica asked. With a heavy, guilty heart, Taeyeon nodded.

"I'm sorry" Taeyeon said. Jessica puts her hands on Taeyeon's shoulder to comfort the little girl.

"Don't be" Jessica said and smiled when Taeyeon looked at her. "Now go get her"

***

 

"I've been here for half an hour, where were you?" Tiffany asked over the loud music as they hide from the crowd, afraid that Juniel might see her and kick her out of the club.

 

"I got a few drinks while waiting for you, I lost track of the time" Jessica shouted back. It's the truth though, she was too distracted when she was talking to Yuri after her conversation with Taeyeon ended. "Why did you wanna go here anyway?" she asked, even if she knows the reason why already.

 

"Nothing, I just wanted to hang out" Tiffany lied. A smirk was formed on Jessica's lips. She thought: why does Tiffany have to lie? Was she embarrassed? "I'll just-uh...get some drinks too. Will you be okay here? I might take a while" Tiffany whispered to Jessica's ear, feeling tired of shouting over the loud music.

 

"Sure sure, I'll be fine. Just text me if we ever lost each other" Jessica answered. Tiffany excused herself and Jessica watched as the latter walks away until she finally got out of sight. Jessica wished Taeyeon luck in her head, hoping that the two will find their way back together.


After bumping into other people in the dancefloor, Tiffany finally found the person she was looking for.

She was standing there casually with both of her hands on each pocket of her jeans, looking over at the huge dancing crowd as if she is watching over the whole club. Tiffany walked closer to the little girl who automatically flashed a beautiful smile once their eyes met.