015

Error 404 : Love Not Found (FLASHDRIVE SEQUEL)

Taeyeon drove to the nearest Starbucks where she and Tiffany will meet. It was just a few minute drive from the bar. Taeyeon saw Tiffany there, reading a small pocket book while sipping her iced coffee from Starbucks. Taeyeon pulled over infront of the shop and didn't go out. She rolled her shotgun window down and called the beautiful girl.

"Excuse me miss, your service is here" Taeyeon said, trying to sound as if she was the latter's personal driver.

Tiffany looked up to look at the person who spoke since she's reading a book. A beautiful smile was painted all over her face once their eyes met, Taeyeon melted. Tiffany took the last sip on her drink before standing up and opened Taeyeon's shotgun car door.

"Hi" Taeyeon said cutely, Tiffany smiled again.

"Hi" she answered.

"Wherever shall we go?" Taeyeon asked, Tiffany made a cute gesture like you are thinking deeply which made Taeyeon smile.

"How about grilled beef?" Tiffany suggested, Taeyeon felt unsatisfied. "Why? What's with the face?"

"Grilled beef is so cliche, how about a fancy restaurant?" Taeyeon said with a smile.

"Why a fancy restaurant though?" Tiffany asked. Taeyeon paused for a while to think of an answer, but she got nothing. So she shrugged her shoulders instead. "I'm not even dressed fancy"

"So am I" Taeyeon said, pointing out her outfit. She saw Tiffany look at her from top to bottom, and she can't help but blush, her face suddenly heated up.

"You don't look bad" Tiffany said after examining Taeyeon's outfit. "But we're not dressed for a fancy resto"

"Who cares? We're there to eat anyways, not to please other people with how we dress up" Taeyeon retorted, Tiffany nodded and agreed in defeat. It seems like Taeyeon really wants to eat on a fancy restaurant, and she can't even fight back.

"I don't think that's a good idea..." Tiffany said, Taeyeon closed her eyes and shushed the latter with her index finger, Tiffany's eyes widened to the sudden action which made her indeed shut up for the whole trip to the restaurant.

***

 

The two girls walked away from the parking lot, towards the restaurant. The restaurant has a spinning glass door, fancy as it is; shiny brown wood with a well cleaned glass and some fancy designs surrounding some parts of the sparkling glass. Taeyeon and Tiffany stepped into the spinning glass door and walked in circles for a few times, laughing and laughing until they can't walk properly. But that was only until the front desk woman looks at them on a very cary way. The two girls proceeded on walking towards the front desk woman to get a table.

 

"Did you book a reservation?" the lady asked, Taeyeon and Tiffany looked at each other.

 

"Uhm...no..." Taeyeon answered, feeling slightly embarassed.

 

"You two must be lucky since we have a vacant table for two over there" the lady said while pointing over the corner of the restaurant. The table was indeed vacant, even though it was on the end of the room, on the corner, to be exact. The two girls agreed to take the vacant table and was escorted by one of the waiters from the fancy restaurant, but they can't help but feel that everybody on the place is looking at them as they make their way to their seat.

 

The two finally took their seat on the red restaurant chair as they observe their surroundings. They did notice that people are still staring at them, and possibly even judging them, because they are improperly dressed on a fancy restaurant. Taeyeon looked around as well and did notice that they were out of place. The other customers were wearing dresses, but not the super fancy once. Just some simple dresses, some are patterned and some are plain, just a knee-length dresses for the ladies. As for the guys, no one was wearing a tux, hell that will be too much, isn't it? They were just wearing some button-down polo shirts with a simple pants. Taeyeon then looked at her and Tiffany's outfit, they look like they were just going to the mall. Well, they were supposed to go somewhere else.

 

"See?" Tiffany said, noticing that Taeyeon just compared their outfit to the rest to f the customers.

 

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany's eyes, but looked away instantly when she suddenly felt embarrassed and guilty. "Yeah" Taeyeon answered "but I don't really mind. If you're uncomfortable, we can just go somewhere else"

 

"No, it's fine. They will probably mind their own business later" Tiffany answered, she gets that strong feeling that Taeyeon wants to eat on this restaurant so badly.


Despite the looks that they get from the other customers, they manage to go through the whole lunch without giving a single damn about their surroundings. The others did mind their own business since that the two girls showed that they are–well they try to act unaffected, and it seemed like it worked pretty well.

As for their meal, Tiffany ordered Kimchi fried rice that has a few chunks of luncheon meat and rice covered with an egg that was sprinkled with toasted seaweed and sesame seeds, plus a strawberry smoothie. While Taeyeon ordered a simple pork bulgogi, a grilled pork which was marinated in sweet soy sauce with lots of garlic and sesame oil plus a kiwi mixed with lemon lime soda as her drink. And a kimbap for them to share.

"You look good today" Tiffany suddenly said, complimenting Taeyeon's outfit.

The latter couldn't help but blush on the sudden compliment, she felt speechless for a while that why she keeps on poking her pork before responding. "You look good as always" she said.

Tiffany is wearing a red polka dot off-shoulder dress with a brown belt that shows off her beautiful body shape. Beautiful probably an understatement of how she is looking right now.

"Hey, tell me a little about yourself" Taeyeon suddenly said.

Tiffany swallowed the kimbap that she was chewing before answering. "Go on and ask, I don't know what you want to know" she said. Taeyeon flips the pork that she was poking and continued poking it as she thinks of a question to ask.

She took the pork in once she has thought of a question. "You told me you broke up with your boyfriend on the night that we met...what happened?" she asked.

Tiffany took a quick sip on her smoothie and wiped the side of the mouth, afraid that she looks messy, before answering. "We met at LA when I continued studying there. He works on a cafe that I usually go to when I study for my exams " Tiffany said, Taeyeon listened carefully even if her heart hurts a little. "Things were going just well..not until I return here in Seoul. We lost communication. He stopped contacting me first, then I found out that he's banging another girl" she added, Taeyeon's eyes widened.

"Banging?!" Taeyeon askwd almost too loud for people to hear, but Tiffany is quick enough to cover .

Tiffany nodded and showed a sad smile. "The night that we met is the night that I broke up with him. Jessica told me to stop making a fool out of myself and just put an end to whatever it is that we have. There is no other way for me to contact him except for calls. Luckily, I had international access that time" she said before taking another sip on her smoothie.

Taeyeon grabs the straw of her drink and moved it in circular motions, causing the ice cubes to make a satisfying sound as they bump into each other. "Can you really not remember me?" Taeyeon whispered.

"What?" Tiffany asked, looking at the kid sitting accross her.

"Will you think that I'm crazy if I tell you that I like you?"