Obstruction

Take Care of My Girlfriend

 

I felt really awful on Tuesday. I had ruined my only weekend with Hyukjae oppa. He was free but because I had vomited in the morning, he refused to go out, insisting that I should rest since I was unwell while he did some work from home . For the past few days, I had woken up and ran to the toilet to hurl not just once but at least twice. This morning, I even vomited about four times. Hyukjae oppa and I decided it was food poisoning and he called Doctor Choi to come in. But I would bet that we were both thinking of the same thing. Normally, he would leave me alone at home when I was sick and let Doctor Choi examine me while he went off to work. But I guess he needed some confirmation that it was just a normal illness before he went off to work.

I was lying on my bed while Hyukjae oppa was at the study table, doing his work from home first. The doorbell rang and the ahjumma answered it and led him into my room. She then went out to do the laundry. Doctor Choi sat down on the chair that was positioned next to the bed.

“Good morning, Haemin sshi. Hyukjae sshi called to say you’ve been vomiting a lot these few days. And in the early morning, he says?”he asked to confirm.

I glanced at Hyukjae oppa who locked his gaze on me. I nodded to answer his question.

“Alright, I’m going to just do a standard check up. Do you mind that Hyukjae sshi stays here with you?”he asked.

Since it was the first time Hyukjae oppa was home when he came over, he must have felt awkward.

“I don’t mind,”I replied.

Doctor Choi nodded and proceeded to check my heart beat and my blood pressure. He frowned a little and he looked at me.

“Have you been having any cravings?”he asked.

“I have been munching on sour plums lately,”I answered.

His eyes widened a little and he kept quiet for a moment.

“Is your period late?”he asked.

Instantly, I blushed and looked down. Although I was feeling embarrassed about having to reveal such a personal information, my heart was beating really fast. This could be it.

“Haemin sshi, I’m not here to embarrass you but I need this information,”he said firmly.

“Yes, it is,”I mumbled.

Doctor Choi breathed in deeply and sat up straight. I looked up at him and he stared at me before turning to look at Hyukjae oppa who was staring at me. Doctor Choi stood up and went to his case to get something.

“I was hesitating about this. But we need to confirm it,”he walked back towards me and passed a box to me.

My mouth fell open at the sight of the box and I looked up at Hyukjae oppa in shock. He came over and took the box from me to take a look. His grip tightened and his stare hardened.

“Does she really need to do this?”Hyukjae oppa gritted his teeth.

“I’m afraid so,”Doctor Choi sighed.

I got out of bed and took the box away on the way to the toilet. I sat down on the toilet bowl and just stared at the box in disbelief.

Pregnancy Test Kit

‘What the…? I am only 22 this year. How could my life be so screwed up? Why hadn’t I resisted? Why was his so strong? What if I am really pregnant? What am I going to do? ‘I thought to myself.

Many thoughts were racing in my mind and my heart felt like it was about to burst. But I pushed my fear aside and did the test. I covered the kit after I was done with it. I wanted to see the result together with Hyukjae oppa. I couldn’t do it alone. I opened the door and walked over to him. I stood beside him and he lowered his head to face the dreaded kit in my hands. Time seemed to have stopped moving as I slowly removed my left hand to reveal the result.

“…,”Hyukjae oppa cursed.

The kit slipped off my hands.

“What in the world…,”Hyukjae oppa just couldn’t comprehend what was in front of him.

Doctor Choi came over and picked up the kit to look at it. He looked at Hyukjae oppa who was standing with his back facing everyone and his fists tightly clenched up on his study table then at me who was on the verge of tears. He decided against congratulating us. We were far from being happy.

“May I know what you all plan to do?”Doctor Choi asked softly.

“We need to discuss,”Hyukjae oppa breathed in deeply.

“Alright, I’ll leave you all to it then,”Doctor Choi bowed.

In a flash, Hyukjae oppa turned around and grabbed him by the arm.

“Please do not tell anyone. It’s just…not the right time for this to happen,”he said firmly.

My heart sank at how he wasn’t happy with the news and was trying to keep the supposed happy news from spreading. Here I was, carrying his child and he cursed when he heard about it. Doctor Choi nodded and gathered his things. Hyukjae oppa saw him off and I heard him talking to the ahjumma saying that he will be home today and that she could take the day off.

“Is she still feeling unwell?”the ahjumma asked.

“Yes, so I decided to stay home to take care of her,”he replied.

“Oh, good. Looks like Haemin talked to you and you’ve woken up. You need to spend more time with her,”she said in a soft voice.

Hyukjae oppa didn’t reply and I heard the front door close after murmurs of goodbye. He walked back into our bedroom and we looked at each other. He sighed and came over to pull me into a hug. It was our first time hugging in quite a long time and boy have I missed just being in his embrace. He my hair silently and my tears just flowed unknowingly.

“I’ll think of something tonight. And don’t worry, I wouldn’t abort it. It’s my child, after all,”he said.

“Should we get married soon? It would solve everything, right?”I asked.

But he shook his head.

“No, we can’t. I can’t get married now. There are too many things to do at the company,”he answered.

I laid my head on his chest with more tears flowing. Now, it isn’t because of the child in my stomach anymore. It was because of my boyfriend who could still thought of work being his priority despite our current circumstances. Lee Hyukjae here was the one who promised me that he will be there for me for everything and treasure me. I trusted him for 8 whole years and got to where we were today. But he has since morphed into someone I don’t know anymore. I was no longer his priority. I am just obstructing his work.

End of Chapter 

DarkAngel