Beautiful Moment

Take Care of My Girlfriend

Hello readers, the next chapter will be the last chapter already! So, I'll save my speech for next week or something! This note is just to get you to be mentally prepared! Anyway, there will be an epilogue after the last chapter so please stay tuned! And I'll post up the link to my new story soon!!!! HOPE YOU ENJOY READING THIS CHAPTER!!!! ^^ 

Instead of going back to the café, I walked around the streets of Seoul all by myself, nervous about tonight. As the clock struck 6, I was back at the office building. But I didn’t make my way up to the 32nd floor this time round, I chose to loiter at the lobby since he had to tap out of the employee gantry. With a cup of his favourite ice chocolate in my hand, I just walked around, waiting. I knew he had arrived in the lobby when the security guards began walking over to greet him. As he tapped out, he turned around to wait for Shinae to talk to her about work matters. As the guards bowed to wish him a good evening, Hyukjae oppa lifted his head with a smile and bowed back.

As they made their way nearer, I stood up all ready to greet him. As he laughed along to what Shinae had said, he turned his head to see me. I watched him say something to Shinae before pointing at me. I bowed to greet Shinae as she bowed back. Seeing as how he seemed so surprised to see me, I’m guessing he haven’t found the present in his pocket. I’m in luck!

“Hey! Didn’t I say I’ll come and fetch you at the café?”Hyukjae oppa came over to hug me.

“For once, I want to be the one fetching you from work. Here,”I replied as I hugged him back and passing him the cup of ice chocolate.

“Wow, is today a special day or what? I feel so loved today,”he chuckled as he took a sip of the drink.

“Can we go on a date today then?”I asked.

“Sure! Where do you want to go?”Hyukjae oppa nodded his head with a wide grin, taking my hand in his.

“Erm, I’m craving for some Italian food. Shall we have that for dinner?”I suggested.

“Sounds good! It’s been long since I had Italian food,”Hyukjae oppa said as he opened the door to his car for me.

Just as I was about to put on my safety belt, Hyukjae oppa gave my hand a light smack, causing me to let go of the belt.

“Ouch! What are you doing?!”I hissed.

“I’ve always seen how the male lead helps the female lead put on the seat belts in those drama you watch so I wanted to try it,”he chuckled as he reached over me to get it.

I couldn’t answer as his face was close to mine. I can’t believe even after eight years, I would still get shy around him. I gulped while I tried to stop my palpitating heart.

“Are you…blushing?”Hyukjae oppa asked, breaking my thoughts as he looked at me.

“N..no. Will you…h…hurry up with the seat belt?”I stammered.

I heard a click as he put it on for me.

“Why are you so cute?”Hyukjae oppa showed off his gummy smile as he caressed my cheek.

“Stop teasing me already!”I squealed.

“Alright, alright. Before we set off, can I just have a kiss?”he asked so earnestly that it was hard to reject.

I reached out to cup his face to plant my lips on his. When we pulled away, Hyukjae oppa rubbed his nose shyly as he chuckled to himself. He quickly turned away and started the engine. As he drove, I decided to give him a taste of his own medicine. I reached out to pinch his cheeks and even went on to caress his ears.

“Will you stop it?”he laughed from the ticklish sensation.

“Don’t you tease me anymore, understand?”I tugged at his ear playfully.

“I’ll get my revenge later,”he shot me a firm glance which prompt me to stop.

Once he parked his car, I quickly unbuckled my seat belt, running out.

“Why are you running, Kim Haemin!! Wait up!”he shouted from behind.

“Promise me you wouldn’t do anything?”I shouted back from a distance, seeing as how he was still locking his car.

“Promise!”he yelled as he jogged towards me.

I giggled as he came up to me to ruffle my hair. Hand in hand, we headed into the shopping centre. He led me towards a Italian restaurant and we ordered once we had gotten a seat. Happily, we ate all the dishes that we had ordered as we chatted. We talked about almost everything, from the news to my friends to his work and even about celebrity gossips. When we were done, I turned around to signal to a waiter.

“You’re still hungry?”he asked with an eyebrow raised.

“Not really but their Tiramisu is the best. You should try it!”I smiled.

“Sure! Can we have a Tiramisu, please?”Hyukjae oppa asked the waiter.

“Certainly,”the waiter bowed.

Turning back to Hyukjae oppa, I see him looking around the restaurant in awe and my eye wouldn’t leave him. Sigh, Lee Hyukjae is just so handsome. I’m just hoping our future son will look like him. Suave and charming. He’s going to grow up to be a heartbreaker just like how his dad broke so many hearts back in high school when we got together.

“What are you thinking of?”he asked, titling his head.

“About how I wish my future son could look like you,”I smiled.

“You’re going to have a hard time if he did look like me. He’ll be the most charming boy on campus and girls will come flocking to our doorstep to send him flowers,”Hyukjae oppa smirked.

“Wait…you mean, girls from our school actually went to your house to send you flowers?”my jaw dropped.

“Er…yeah. About twice a week, I get different girls. Sometimes, they come in groups for moral support…,”he scratched the back of his head, awkwardly explaining.

“Were there any who came more than once?”I asked, amazed at his popularity.

I knew he was popular and that practically every girl I knew had a huge crush on him. Even the boys worshipped him for being so perfect and wanted to be just like him. But I didn’t know that they would go to such extreme methods. Compared to them, I did almost nothing. I only watched him from afar yet he chose me…

“Yeah. Quite a few of them,”he cleared his throat as he answered.

“Weren’t you moved by their gestures at all? Why did you choose to chase after me when you have people lining up to be in my position?”I asked.

“I wasn’t attracted to them at all, simple as that. I thought you would know about this. Didn’t your classmates ask you to tag along when they come over? I’ve seen some of them at my doorstep,”Hyukjae oppa took a sip of water.

“No. Nobody knew about my crush on you. Not even those three. I didn’t dare tell anyone cause…I know they’ll laugh at me. Who am I to have a crush on the almighty Lee Hyukjae?”I made a joke.

But Hyukjae oppa didn’t laugh.

“Don’t ever underestimate yourself anymore. You’re more than what you think you are. Haemin, have more confidence in yourself,”Hyukjae oppa said firmly.

“I’ll try,”I nodded.

He had been drilling this into my head for the past eight years but I was never able to step out of the shadows of my 14 year old self.  Other than those few close friends I had, nobody cared about what I was able to do until I met Lee Hyukjae. He was the only one who sat me down; to listen to me do a mini recital with my instrument. He appreciated my only talent and is the only person whom I’ve ever played for since I had no confidence. (I even turned down solo parts for I felt that I was not good enough)I could never be more thankful for this man. Although he had made some mistakes, there was no one else I would want to spend the rest of my life with. He was the only man who would go through great lengths to reassure me of his love for me.

“Excuse me, your Tiramisu,”the waiter came back, interrupting my thoughts.

“Thank you!”I smiled at the waiter.

“You better! Because you’re much more talented than you think you are. Those girls are nothing compared to you,”Hyukjae oppa gave me a gentle smile.

“Thank you, Lee Hyukjae. Let’s eat,”I grinned.

Hyukjae oppa gave me another smile before he focused on the cake. Just as he was about take a bite, his phone rang and he dropped the spoon to take it out. He began scrolling through something on his phone quickly.

“Sorry, baby. It’s just that there is going to be a new store in Japan soon and everybody’s working so hard and sending me tons of emails to update me on the development. I was afraid that there may be an urgent email or some sort,”he quickly explained as he put away his phone.

“I understand. Don’t worry,”I reassured him.

I watched him frown with his hand still in his pocket.

“What’s this…,”he muttered to himself.

 I tried to contain my nervousness as I played with my fingers under the table. This is the moment. He took the box out and stared at it. A hint of frown appeared on his face and I tried to swallow the lump in my throat. The frown became more prominent as he surveyed it.

“Isn’t this the box Jewel House uses?”he was still mumbling to himself, oblivious to my presence.

 Slowly, the frown faded as he opened the box. Staring at the ring sitting in it, Hyukjae oppa was rendered speechless. He blinked once and again.

“You like it?”I asked.

“What…? Haemin…you…bought it?”he sttutterd.

I nodded my head and his eyes grew even wider.

“How…when…why…?”he couldn’t even form proper sentences.

 “A few days ago, you went down on one knee to ask me a very important question. I told you to give me some time and now, I have my answer,”I said.

“You…mean..you’re…,”Hyukjae oppa’s mouth was wide open from the shock.

“Yes, I do, Lee Hyukjae. I’ll be more than happy to be your wife,”I grinned.

Hyukjae oppa’s face broke out into a smile as he looked at the ring again.

“Would you…help me wear it?”Hyukjae oppa asked, his gummy smile widening.

“It’s my pleasure. Come here,”I giggled.

“Oh…wow,”Hyukjae oppa let out the breath he had been holding as he gave me the box of ring.

Holding onto his hand, I slipped the ring on his ring finger before planting a kiss on the back of his hand.

“I’m sorry that it isn’t as extravagant as what you did,”I said apologetically as I intertwined our fingers together.

“No, no. This is such a pleasant surprise. I’m so happy now! Can we go off now? I want to slip on the ring for you,”he asked.

I nodded my head as I laughed. We quickly paid the bill and left for his car.

“Wait here,”he said as he unlocked the car.

Hyukjae oppa reached into the compartment in the passenger side to get a box out.

“You kept it here?!”I asked, surprised.

“I bring it everywhere I go just in case. I want to put the ring on you right after you accept my proposal,”he grinned as he opened the box.

“It’s so pretty,”I sighed dreamily at the heart shaped cut diamond ring sitting in the box.

Hyukjae oppa smiled as he reached for my hand. I began choking up with tears as he slid the ring onto my finger. Why was I so emotional when I was the one planning everything?

“Thank you, Haemin. Thank you so much for accepting me,”

His voice was quivering and I looked up to meet a pair of watery eyes. As soon as our eyes met, we laughed at how silly we were. Both of us were tearing together.

“I love you, Lee Hyukjae,”I mumbled into his ear as I hugged him.

“I love you too, Kim Haemin,”he hugged me back tighter.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel