The Fateful Day

Take Care of My Girlfriend

Hello my readers, as you all may have already know, AFF was down for quite a few days and I had actually updated prior to it crashing. My latest chapter is now missing and so did a few of my comments and subscribers. :( Anyway, here's the chapter that I had updated the other time. For those who haven't read it, please enjoy! And for those who did, you can read it again to refresh your memory! HAHAHAHA Thank you all!

 

As promised, Lee Hyukjae stood at the same spot every single morning, waiting for me to come into class. We would make small talk before class started and he would run off to the senior’s block when the bell rang. The following week, he did the same thing except he brought along breakfast for me after knowing that I skip it. He would insist I eat a bit of whatever he brought and asked what I liked to eat. After school, he usually brought me out to lunch or sent me home before heading back to school for dance practices. This routine continued for about a month and throughout the whole period, he had not even brought up the question from the first day.

But being shy, I decided not to probe and continued with our daily routine which I loved very much. But October 20 was the day that everything changed. I remembered going to school on the bus, feeling excited about meeting Lee Hyukjae outside my class. By then, everyone in school knew about his crush on me and was talking about it. My clique was really happy for me while girls who were jealous just said I was a gold mine digger. And that was how I found out that he was actually the heir of a huge company in South Korea. As I was saying, it was a normal day till the bus was about to reach my school. All of a sudden, it started raining heavily. I alighted from the bus with not much of a problem and stood at the bus stop, wondering what I was supposed to do. But seeing that I might be late if I wait for the rain to stop, I rushed out of the bus stop towards my school. I lowered my head and brisk walked while braving the rain, not caring if I’m drenched from head to toe.

However, while walking over to my block, I felt something being draped over my head. I turned to the side to see Lee Hyukjae beside me in the rain, his arms holding onto his grey hoodie, covering me from the rain. We rushed into the building and he led me towards the restroom. Both of us were soaking wet and without allowing me to greet him, he pushed me gently into the Ladies. I started drying off my hair with the hand dryer when a girl from a year lower than me came in.

“Lee Hyukjae sunbaenim asked me to pass this to you,”she told me as she handed me a dry uniform to change into.

After thanking her, I went off to change and when I stepped out, he was standing outside with a towel in his hands. He came over and wanted to help me dry my hair when I stopped him.

“I’ll do it myself,”I said as I took the towel from him.

He smiled and I started drying my hair. It wasn’t until then did I realize he was still soaking wet.

“Why haven’t you dried yourself up yet?”I asked.

“I didn’t have time. I went to the office to get a uniform for you to change into and to my locker to get the towel. Don’t worry, it’s clean. I had just put it in there this morning so that I could use it after my dance practice,”he smiled.

“Thank you, Hyukjae oppa. But please go dry yourself up or I’ll feel guilty for landing you in this state,”I bowed.

“I said, don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine,”he smiled.

But in that instant, he sneezed. He glanced at me with an embarrassed grin and shrugged.

“I’ll be fine,”he repeated.

“No, you aren’t. You’re already sick because of me. Here, dry yourself as well,”I handed him the towel.

Without a word, he took it and started drying his hair. His eyes were lowered and he was just staring at the floor.

“Hyukjae oppa, are you alright? Do you want to sit down? You seem….,”but he cut me off.

“I’m fine, Haemin. Why are you so worried for me, huh?”he looked up with a smile.

“Because I….,”I trailed off.

Like you…but I couldn’t say it out loud. Although it was clear to him that I reciprocated his feelings, I haven’t declared it to him yet.

“Haemin, do you remember the question that I asked on the first day we talked?”he asked seriously.

I nodded timidly.

“I’m sure you can tell by now that I’m not joking around. And as days passed by, I like you even more. Will you be my girlfriend?”he asked once again.

“Hyukjae oppa, let’s talk about this after you’ve dried off…,”but once again, he cut me off.

“I’m not going to dry off until you answer me. Accept your feelings, Haemin. You know perfectly well how you feel about me. Is it because you are scared?”he walked closer to me.

I looked up as he closed the gap between us. His eyes were all soft and he reached out to pull me slowly into his embrace.

“Hey, there’s no need to be scared. I’ll be right here beside you from now till the end,”he said softly into my ears.

With no words spoken, I lifted my arms to hug him back and that was how Lee Hyukjae and I got together. From that day onwards, we were inseparable. He would still wait every single morning at the same spot for my arrival and I would usually eat with him alone when both our break times fall at the same time and we would go out on a date after school if he didn’t have practice. It was only a matter of weeks before he graduated from high school and went on to study at a university. But instead of standing outside my classroom, he came to pick me up from my house and sent me to school. This habit of his continued all the way till I was in university as well.

Because I was always with my Hyukjae oppa, I know all of his close friends but never had a few of my own. But since I was always spending time with him and his friends, his friends became close to me as well and that was how I led my life. I didn’t mind that I only had my high school friends since I had him to rely on. My whole life had revolved around him and same goes with him. When he said that he would be with me right till the end, I never doubted him and trusted him whole heartedly. But of course, with a smooth sailing life that I had in my earlier days of my life, it was time for the tables to be turned. Everybody has their ups and downs and it was time for me to go through my downs as well. 

End of Chapter

DarkAngel