Accident

Take Care of My Girlfriend

Hello all, I am so sorry for the late update! I wanted to update earlier but I fell sick and had to stay in bed. So sorry for the delay! I hope your patience isn't wearing thin! I am also currently facing a writer's block so give me time to sort everything out! THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING AND WAITING FOR MY UPDATES :)

The following night, I finally received a message. My heart beat quickened and I felt like a beggar on the streets who finally got to have her first meal after a few days. The joy that I felt was indescribable. But my hopes were crushed after opening the text message. It was as if, he took my heart and threw it up, making me so thrilled and let it fall, with no attempts made to catch it; crushing it into pieces just like that.

[Haemin ah, I will be going to Japan this week and won’t be able to visit you. Take care! –Hyukjae oppa]

There was no mention of when he will be going or when he will be back. He didn’t even ask how I was doing. He just went straight to the point, firing a bullet in my brain. He didn’t even sound sincere when he asked me to take care. It was as if, he did it out of obligations. That night, I cried harder than ever. It may sound stupid but I felt better when there was no news of him. I could assume that he was too busy, working to the point where it made him exhausted. But now that I’ve gotten a message, I realised that that wasn’t true. It didn’t take much to send a text and he was showing me that that was true for he was able to send one, telling me about his departure. 

“Haemin…,”Donghae shook me awake.

I opened my eyes a little to see him hovering over me in my bedroom. I must have cried myself to sleep once again. I wasn’t even surprised anymore.

“What time is it?”I mumbled.

“It’s 11.30 already. Would you like to eat something?”he asked with a smile.

“OMO! WE ARE LATE. WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE?!”I exclaimed while flinging the blanket off.

“Relax, Haemin! You’re running a fever. That’s why I didn’t wake you up!”he chuckled as he stopped me.

“I am?”I touched my forehead and realised it was burning hot.

“Yes,”he shook his head.

“Then why are you still here? Are you sick too?”I asked.

“No. But I can’t leave you alone here. Besides, Sungmin can handle the daycare centre for me for today,”he smiled.

“I’m fine staying at home alone, Donghae! It’s just a fever. I don’t want to disrupt with your work,”I sighed.

“What if something happened to you at home? I’ll never forgive myself,”he shook his head.

I looked at him and he smiled. His smile was really infectious and I found myself smiling back at him.

“Thanks, Donghae,”I grinned.

“Are you hungry? I can make some porridge for you. Then, you can take your medicine afterwards,”he said.

“Okay,”I nodded my head.

“Rest awhile and I’ll be right back,”he ruffled my hair.

“Thanks!”I called out as he walked towards the door.

All he did was smile before closing the door behind him. A while later, Donghae came back in with a steaming bowl of porridge and he sat beside me as I ate.

“You should go back to the centre. I’m perfectly fine by myself here,”I said after a few moments of silence.

“I told you not to worry about it. I can’t leave you alone here,”he shook his head.

“But I’ll be fine. I promise to stay in bed the whole day,”I smiled to reassure him.

He just looked at me with a worried expression hung on his face. But I continued smiling; trying to reassure him that it was alright to leave me alone at home. Besides, I was kind of used to being left at home with the ahjumma. His eyes began to soften and soon, he nodded his head.

“Alright. I’ll go to the centre. But please promise me you’ll really stay in bed. I won’t be back so early though. I need to pop by the supermarket. We’re running out of eggs,”he started blabbering.

“Seriously, Donghae! I’m a grown up woman! I know how to take care of myself,”I laughed a little.

Donghae took in a deep breath to calm himself down.

“Right, right. I gotta remember that,”he nodded his head.

“Go ahead and work. I’ll take good care of myself,”I shook my head in amusement.

“Alright then. Take care, alright. I’ll be home as soon as possible. Just call me if you need anything!”he smiled.

“Sure! Bye!”I waved.

“By the way, the medicine’s in the cabinet. Only eat it after finishing your lunch, alright? Do you know where it is? I’ll just get it for you…,”he said.

“Donghae! Relax. I’ll be fine! I know where the medicine is. Go on! Don’t worry about me,”I smiled.

“Alright then,”he nodded his head slowly again with a worried expression pinned on his face.

With that, he finally left while I was left chucking to myself. Donghae was always like that. Overly worried and extremely paranoid. He’s always so afraid of leaving me alone, thinking that I might fall or anything. Soon, I continued eating my porridge and after I was done, I walked out to wash my bowl at the sink. Just as he had instructed, I took the medicine from the cabinet and began pouring some water from the jug into my glass. But the jug was too heavy and I accidentally spilled water onto the floor.

“Omo!”I exclaimed as I hurriedly put the jug and medicine down.

In my hurry to get a towel or tissue from the kitchen, I didn’t see the little puddle on the other side and stepped on it with my bedroom slippers. The next thing I knew, I landed right on my bum. Groaning in pain, I turned a little to massage the part that hit the floor. But the pain on my bottom was nothing compared to what happened next. I felt a strong contraction in my womb and clutched my stomach. I struggled to sit up and I finally saw the pool of blood that I was sitting on.

“Oh my god…,”

Blood was oozing out from my pants and it was quite a large pool. Beads of perspiration formed on my forehead and the pain was making it impossible for me to breathe. I felt giddy like I was lacking in oxygen and I let myself fall back on the floor, closing my eyes. 

End of Chapter

DarkAngel