#7 A Walk on The Street

So It Goes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-includes sensitive contents-

-mentions of violence-

 

Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.

-David Ogden Stiers

 

 

It has been days, maybe ages, that Taehyung heard his brother Hoseok warned him about getting his right and try to graduate early,

like how Jimin is trying to.

Well, he couldn't blame the older for that, ditching classes does not have a single benefit in campus life. Taehyung knows that all too well, but he couldn't help to feel slightly burdened now. 

They want me to graduate so I can earn for myself, and my heart and desire could come last. 

Even though he is now majoring in the one he chooses, he begins to feel obliged. The lectures do not give him the spirit anymore, and all he thinks about is going home five minutes after he just arrived at the building. The mood and love for study is decreasing, and he sure is disappointed by himself that way. 

Like now, he doesn't know whether to feel thankful or regret when he decided to attend the lecture instead of ditching it and going to the Gaming Café. After the class was dismissed he goes straight to home, walking slowly like a soul-less human, wandering the neighbourhood of his apartment. 

He stops midway and looks directly into the sun, hooding his eyes with his hand. It is funny when the sun is this shiny yet the freezing air can almost kill you through the bones. 

Everyone wants the warmth of the sun, but none of them can get it,*

The lad speaks in his mind. Then continues to walk home and puts his hands back to his pockets. Well, there's a solid reason why heaters were invented, right? He continued concluding.

When he finally goes up to his flat and enters the room, the smell of a delicious kimchi stew dances sharply through his senses and everywhere throughout the space. 

"Damn." He claimed and walk towards the kitchen, where he thought this must be Seokjin or Jooyeon who had arrived and is now cooking for dinner. But to his surprise, the one handling the food is the young lady. 

"Oh, you're back…?" Taehyung said, half asked. 

"Mhm. Seems like your brother forgot to give notice." She smiles at him, then continues to cut the spring onion. "I already told him that I'm making the dinner." 

Instantly, Taehyung becomes all smiley. Eating time with his whole family plus her is always endearing and just fun, even though at times she could still be timid. Everyone in this house loves her like she's a real sister. 

He looks at the big table. Jooyeon, Namjoon, and Yoongi will come home late. It leaves with the five of the Kim siblings. "You'll join us, right?" 

The girl frowns at him, "No, unfortunately. I have a shift in the shelter."

"Why are you here making us dinner? You two should be on a dinner date or something! We don't deserve you. Has hyung taken you out for-"

"Aigoo, you talk to much. Just enjoy these food! You seemed a bit down earlier." 

Taehyung pauses, bringing his head down to reminisce his feeling from earlier. "Was that obvious?"

"No doubt. Did you forget I studied psychology?" She claimed, matter of faculty.

"Come on," The boy snapped back, rolling his eyes. "You studied animal psychology." 

"Same thing!" 

They both chuckle. While the young lady is preparing the last steps, Taehyung plopped down onto the sofa, yet turning into a soul-less boy again like before then sighs heavily and whispers,

"I wish we all could gather together."  

 

***

 

Jooyeon too, wandered more onto the other side of the town after her school ended. Doing that by herself is kind of like a salvation to her; she is able to see one side that is less crowded than the area where she is living now. Plus, the cold never bothers her anyways. 

However, she got a bit lost while on her way home, and ended up following some different bus routes. Instead of calling one of her brothers, she called Jennie instead. But what she could give was an advice to not freak out or cry, 

Because she almost cried in the side of the road by herself. Calling her brothers is such a burden for her.

Now that the sky is dark and her being in the familiar area makes her much more better, even though she has to face people with their fanciest selves roaming around to ease up their night by being in the pubs. 

Then she suddenly sees someone, "Oh, Yoongi oppa?" Jooyeon can immediately recognise his figure, coming out from a pub. 

He gives a cool-but-shocked face, "Why are you here?" Noticing that she is still wearing her uniform.

"Um.. the shortcut was too quiet. So I chose this path." 

Yoongi sighs coldly, doesn't know why he suddenly feels the urge to take her home. Which is, indeed kinda burdening to him. He hasn't even touched a single drink from inside. "Stay."

The lad comes back to tell his friends that he needs to go somewhere, does not tell them that he goes home. The pub is only a fifteen-minute walk from their flat, so he'll be back later. 

"Where are you going?" Jooyeon asks when he follows her. 

"It's getting ing damn late, Jooyeon. You're not walking alone." 

Actually, hearing that from one of her brothers is quite delightful. Though she also feels a bit unsure of it; she knew he left whoever were inside. Could be his girlfriend or a group of friends. And knowing it's just turning ten, the nightlife is just getting started in this hour. 

Which is why earlier she walked hurriedly to her place. She hates the sparkling, fascinating, pub-life at midnight. Jooyeon is not that kind of innocent girl, but she swore that she won't even enter a pub anymore. It's just not her style.

Also, the girl isn't fond of drunk people.

That one time when she was still in London, she snuck into a pub with Rosé and Jennie. Before they could do anything, she witnessed a drunk man abusing his girlfriend on the corner. The man was holding the notorious glass bottle and didn't forget to chug it down his throat after every punch. She wanted to help her but the man suddenly picked up a gun and raised it to the ceiling then fired it up. After that he pointed it to everyone near them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter