#15 Very Important Participant(s)

So It Goes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You leave home to seek your fortune and, when you get it, you go home and share it with your family.

- Anita Baker

 

The birthday celebration in this family is quite interesting. Seokjin made the rules long ago and he said everyone agreed. They are mostly like:

- Birthday Dinner is important to be done at home, with home cooked meal. Request for food is open literally anything, but the seaweed soup remains. And birthday cake!

- Gifting is not essential. You all ended up using each others' stuff anyways. But you can if you want. 

- Celebration with other people who is not family is required on the next day (or we can dine together for the second time but in the restaurant you want). And anyone who is not 21 cannot reserve pubs or I'm disowning you.

 

Those rules are actually just their casual birthday celebration. But when Seokjin found out that the lads started to loose interest in doing it within the family, he made the first one very important. It is something to be blessed about when on your birth date, you're still surrounded with family. Regarding of them not having any more parent figure.

Since she came here, Jooyeon only witnessed two celebrations; Namjoon's and Jimin's. It wasn't really that festive because Namjoon didn't event want a cake nor gifts and was quite busy while Jimin's was done exactly like the rules, complete with the next day celebration with his friends at a pub. But the moments they share at the first dinner were something else, very precious and thankful even when at those times Jooyeon was still slightly invisible to them. 

So, with the oldest's birthday tomorrow, Jooyeon starts to find something to be done for Seokjin. And of course, she seeks help from Jisoo. 

"So, what does he usually do for his birthday?" She wonders, while the two of them are wandering around the mall having a shopping spree or some kind. 

"In my years with him, every of his birthday he truly cherish moments with his family. He wants to be the attention and him paying attention to everyone's story. Told me he never once has any intention to make such grand celebration. But still letting the others to have their own parties on their birthdays."

"Wow. My old self couldn't relate. All my birthdays back in London, I'm always full of myself. Thinking I deserved my own free moments when at home it was rarely pleasant to even do something…."

Jisoo looks at her, actually pitying. But she immediately shakes it off after realising something, "Geez, sorry, I shouldn't have ruined the moment."

"You're not." Softly, the older replies. 

She returns with a smile. "Anyways, what should I buy for him? Ughh, I'm at gifting people!"

"Why?" Jisoo chuckles. 

"I gave Namjoon five pairs of socks and Jimin a set of pyjamas. I freaking ." Jisoo laughs at this statement. Socks were needed products but… just a bit odd.

"Okay, okay, I think I know which section he'd love. And you'll pick yourself from there."

"Yay!" Jooyeon fist-pump cheerily. 

The two girls are preparing a bit sooner for the dinner tonight. Everyone is still having their own works and most of them left in the early morning, so Jooyeon didn't have a chance to tell Seokjin Happy Birthday, because the girl doesn't want congratulate through text; just thought it is super inappropriate  for a very special person like him. The one who has been very nice to her and was the first person to accept her, including all of his inspiring story taking care of six brothers being the head of the family since their parents were gone. 

 

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday… Happy birthday

Happy birthday Seokjin hyung/oppa!

Everyone cheered at him and laughs a little. Because this time some of them mess around by putting a ridiculous make up on him complete with the cone hat look. Seokjin just feels happy because he is prohibited to seeing himself on the mirror, so the oldest decided to shake it off and let them do all they want. He would've been very annoyed if they allow him to look at the mirror.

Yoongi and Taehyung were the ones buying him a two-tier cake. Hoseok and Jimin bought letter balloons, Jisoo and Jooyeon prepared big bouquets of lily and rose flowers, and others bought gifts (even when he said he didn't want any). Each of his younger siblings know that he meant it when he said that, but they can't help to feel the need to appreciate him. He is the main heart of this family anyways. Different with Namjoon, he almost threatened them to not give him anything. Quite funny, actually.

After dinner, they're having dessert with the cake. Hoseok wonders about his wish, "So, what will you do tomorrow? Are you going to reserve a pub?"

"Sorry, no all-together dinner this time so I'll be having a special day with Jisoo only," With a smug face he said bragging the lady on his left. The brothers just shrugs and continue eating. But suddenly Seokjin turns to Jooyeon who is also beside him, "You don't mind, do you?" 

Jooyeon draws a confused face, "Me? Of course I don't! Why…. would I mind?"

"Yeah, why would she?"

"And how dare if she would?"

Taehyung and Jimin tag along, respectively. 

"None of you ever include her doing fun things!" Though it seemed like he said it as a joke, Seokjin truly meant the words. They just roll their eyes in return.

He looks at his sister again and says "We finally have a woman figure in our family, not just our partners. It seems proper if I ask you things like this." He kind of whispered then smiled a little. 

"Um, you don't have to, oppa. You have the right to do anything you want."

He smiles again. "Thanks." 

 

Everyone just gave their gifts to the birthday man and insist him to open them now. And so, he does it one by one. 

Hoseok gave him a medical pillow, "You're getting old, you need that."

Namjoon gave him a new wallet. Taehyung bought him a pack of lip balm which the brand is favoured by the oldest. Jungkook's gift was a set of ties. Jimin gave a leather planner agenda. Yoongi's gift was a pair of Birkenstock ("So

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter