Chapter Nine

Undercover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~ Flashback ~

Maybe you need somebody to protect you?

“Really, Jeon Jungkook!! Why would you ever say that??!” He remembers Junghee’s face as he uttered those words. Unable to understand how he just babbled out, he slaps himself using both palms of his hands touching his face.  He starts toward over to the stainless steel door, taking hold of a bottle of beer out of the fridge trying to drink away his regrets.

The wind is blowing her hair, making it swaying slightly side to side as Junghee walks onto the cold cement towards back to house.

Flashbacks of hearing Mr.  Jean’s words echoes all the way back, her feet stand before the threshold, she turns the rusted knob and enters through family room.  It’s like any other day, watching the back of Joon’s body as he scans the monitors. The wavy haired man opened his mouth to speak without glancing over to Junghee, “How was it spending time with Mr. Jeon?” She spreads her bedroom door after changing into more comfortable clothing.

“Ah..he’s nice. He’s just any other human being.” She sits down on the couch, laying out her laptop against the coffee table, viewing the copied files.

“Hmm..” He places his elbows on his knees as he cups his face expressing a bantering smile.

“Wh-.” Junghee stares back at him unamused. “Yes?”

“Nothing, nothing.” He swiftly turns around.  Junghee shakes her head as she counts back on her computer, switching through the files suspectin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter