Finale

Undercover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

After since that night of the intruder, the principal hired the double amount of security to watch over the students and staff. Junghee have been talking to both the director and principal finding how he could easily pass through.  Once they have finished their discussion the director allowed the two women to continue to speak. Straight forward to the point, Mrs. Soon is quite confused by Junghee’s order.

“What?” She cooed back.

“Make sure that I’m number one on the list of results.”

“What makes you think that the criminal will choose the top student?”

Junghee take a second before responding to Mrs. Soon’s question, she lowers her head, “I just got this feeling that they will soon attack again and it’s a guess, but I know it’s right. We need to catch them.” The principal not only understand her words, but her expression, this has been dropped back far too long.

Junghee smiled before heading out of the door. “I’ll make sure. Fighting!”

The teachers were in a prep meeting outside the principal’s office talking how to take something out of this incident; while Junghee walks out, she suddenly halts once her eye locks with the man that touched her lips.  The both adults were timid to move, they moved around their eyes from one another, Mr. Lim sees Jungkook acting strangely, he pushes him to the side so Junghee can pass to get to her class.

The next few weeks has become awkward as the two of them go on avoiding their kiss.  One day, while Junghee continue to dress as an imposter, undercover to solve the mystery, he couldn’t endure it any farther.  He pointed his elbows on his knees slightly, making her jump, Jungkook turned his head to peek at her. He stared into her eyes before confronting the situation.  He sighed heavily, “I should man up and tell you how I feel, but never ever someone make me so weak and afraid to voice my opinions.” Junghee looks up as she takes heed to him.

“But are you doing it right now?  You have the guts, to tell the truth about your feelings better than this person right here.” She points to herself.

Inside, she feels the same way, but at the same time Junghee feels guilty to not to tell exactly the truth why she’s here.  “I wish to be with you, but-”

“But we shouldn’t.” That was not the response he wanted, his chance of them being together were lowered to zero. A half-hearted smile popped up from his face as he quietly repeats her words. The time from now have stayed silenced once Junghee left.

He sulkily shuts the door behind him falling down as his back graze against the wall until hitting the ground floor, forming double face palm. “Damn it, Jungkook.”

The following morning at school, Jungkook’s attitude changed from sweet gentlemen to uptight angry. During that day he was both pretty rough not only Junghee but with the whole class, her rejection had gotten to him.  She could see that it struck him hard, could not do anything but feel sorry. Junghee decided to stay away from him to not to make it worse.

The bell rang for the afternoon intermission of the day, the students run outside the hallway to find out their results. Junghee was ready to see her name on top of the list making her the bait for the criminal. The teachers separated from each other going to the side, revealing the score.  She gasped as her name was published in a second place, Junghee couldn’t understand what happened. It should be me. What happened?! Her index finger pointed to the name of whom have beaten her, Park Yeseul. In seconds, Junghee quickly turns around, scrambling through the crowd of students, she looking for the suspect around. . They already found out their next victim.

Seulgi had told Mr. Jeon that his obligation to keep Junghee company has come to end as the case is ending as well, with several parts unknown to them, the team is preparing for the most important night according to Junghee’s orders. Despite of her being the youngest of the team, her accomplishments and actions are very matured to her actual age they know she’ll lead them not only to solving the case but give justice to all the victims. Junghee sent Joon into the hidden room during the night to set up cameras to catch the criminal red handed, had Seulgi to become one of the parents to chaperoned along few other undercover detectives to get civilians out if anything happens, and Junghee’s only command to herself is to arrest the suspect even it takes everything to stop them.

Within the last two days Jungkook regretted how he behaved towards her that fact, it made Junghee distant from him which he didn’t really wanted.  Every forced smile and head bowed down pointed to him made it worse, Jungkook wanted to embrace her, telling her that it was his fault alone.  Just stay by his side, but courage has lost his power to simply move towards her.  He continued to watch her walk away, increasing the distance between them.

Today is the day that the police will finally shut down this horrid continuous case, their black is disguised outside with Joon inside hearing and inspecting everything going on in the school.  As the nighttime comes, students along their parents and staff gathered together to celebrate the kids’ test scores.  While Seulgi and Junghee walked through the doubled doors, she set a finger on her skin colored ear piece. “To your positions.” All of the police quietly, stealthily nodded their heads, each and every one went to their spots acting along the crowd.

Jungkook sees her standing all by herself not knowing the current situation he decides to walk towards her, but Junghee didn’t see him and left to go near Yeseul. She passes by Jungkook creating a little breeze as she walks by him. He is left with not knowing what to do, his heart was longing for her.

“Yeseul.” Junghee came forth to Areum and Taejoon sitting in the core of the group while the others stand around them.

“What do you want, dimwit?” Areum rashly glare at Junghee, who is giggling at her comment making everyone confuse.

“You’ll regret that.” Her eyes glared back exactly right back, making Areum gulp in fear.  They could sense her aura immensely change. She’s back to her old self, well-skilled detective. Junghee shifts the motion of her eyes to Yeseul. “I wanted to say good job of getting first place. You have beat me to it.”

The student happily lowers her head as she smiles, “Thank you, you did good too.” complimenting Junghee as well.

“What are you doing?!” Areum stands up from the chair, shoving Yeseul in the shoulder with her hand. “She’s not your friend!!”

“And you are?” Somin comes behind Junghee and stand next to her. “I couldn’t tell even if you told me. Just because you are popular and rich doesn’t mean you can tell anyone who they can or cannot be friends with. WE decide who, not you.  Just remember, the people who are close to you are sometimes not truly your friends.” She links her arm with Junghee and coolly stepped away.

“I’m proud of you.” Smiling at the younger.

“It’s all because of you.” The older woman shakes her mind.

“Nope.  You didn’t need me, you found the bravery to stand up against Areum yourself alone. You are much braver than you think.”

A couple of hours already flew throughout the night and no sight of suspicion. Suddenly a buzzing noise came through the ear piece, “Junghee-ah, are you sure it’s tonight?” Joon questions her calculations.

Pressure settling in, pulling in her slight frazzled, “Yes.  I’m certain of it. J-Just wait, I feel it.” While she carried her eyes only a couple moments away from the scene where Yeseul was lingering, Junghee sees that the bait was no longer could be seen. “Alert, alert! She’s missing!!” Swiftly on her feet, she struts towards the corner halting in front of the group leaving them staring at her weirdly.

“It seemed like she followed someone out of the auditorium.” She goes fast after them trying to catch up before it’s too late. While Junghee was heading towards the secret room, Joon was describing what the suspect looked like.  “It was a bit fuzzy, like he knew there was cameras. The student faced away from the camera, hiding their face. No matter how Joon keeps trying to analyze who the student is, Junghee already knew. Jung Tae-won.

As she struggled with getting there quickly through the hollow, narrow hallway, everyone that was wearing an ear piece heard a loud high pitch sound burst into their ears causing them to throw it onto the floor.

Fidgeting until the interference stopped, Junghee tries to communicate with anyone on the team. “Hello! Report!! Joon!”

Eyes stared before the door, standing with determination Junghee sets her ear close to the door trying to hear what’s going on inside. There is no movement wandering outside the door, but a slight sound in the bedroom. Her hand cups the door knob as she quietly opens to the room, slight reassurance let out of as she sighs in relief that no one was here. Junghee followed the frail sound of murmuring coming from the bedroom. Racing towards the empty door frame, she sees Yeseul already lying on the bed, chained. The tone of Yeseul mumbling through the bandana around changed to a higher pitch as their eyes meet.

“Shhh…” Junghee puts her finger on the tips of her lips, gesturing her to keep quiet. Walking around to the back of the bed first to untie the bandana, “Are you okay?” whispering to Yeseul.

“Yeah, I think so. My head hurts.” Junghee had gotten the very last rope loosen, helping the girl to stand as they try to escape before Tae-won returns. They stumble their way to the door, Junghee turns the door once more revealing a familiar face. Hyelim was standing inside of the door, blocking the way out.

“Hyelim.” Junghee whispers, as the breath of Hyelim’s name left , she realizes that Tae-won is standing behind them. The noise of him laughing sends her shivering, chills moving down her spine.

“Do you think that I would let you go that easily?” His obnoxious laughter continued. “Hyelim, turn them around. I want to see their faces before I kill them.”

With no voice or power of her own, Hyelim follows Tae-won’s order, making the two girls walk back further inside. Yeseul’s legs went numb as she falls down to the ground, “Yeseul!” Tae-won snickered.

“Pathetic.” He steps forward grabbing Junghee’s collar, lifting her up to stand. “I guess you’re going first.” Tae-won swings his arm to aim for her head, Junghee stops the attack, blocking from reaching any where close to her. Eyes wide open, surprised that she blocked him. Moments later, she twist his hand, positioning it to the opposite side, causing him moan in pain. He knelt down onto one knee, screaming in agony. While he was trying to escape from her grip, Junghee hits hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter