Chapter Fifteen

Undercover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

An hour later, after listening to a-Kyung’s horrible story, one thing sticks out of the story. “Where was Hyelim? I thought two were together.” Before she could articulate anything, the nurse rushed into the room telling them the visiting hours were over. Junghee pulled out her contact card just in case if anything else pops up. 

Out of the building, all they could do was sigh. Heavy breaths. Junghee decided to run to the convenience store on the way back. “No one should have gone through that.”

“I agree.  The thing that disturbs me is that Hyelim was no where during that time.  Did she run back to get help?” 

“Don’t know.  Something feels not right” She passed over a bag of late night snacks, making Somin tilting her head.

“What’s this?” The young girl looks into the plastic bag, Honey Butter Chips and banana milk drink.

“You should go home, you did good today.” A small grin falls on the student’s face appreciating her sweet gesture.

Junghee sent Somin on her way home to get the girl at least study for two hours, she didn’t want Somin use all of her energy on something that the police should be practicing since she been using her time on helping the police.  While the path back to the house, Junghee wonders along the cold cement ground, running all of the facts in her mind trying to connect the dots. Suddenly, the thing that kept coming to mind was the past problematic situation happened within the police department, rumors of the unknown family members of the Chief’s first marriage. 

The door opens, Junghee walks into the quiet and empty living room, feeding her the idea that Seulgi and Joon have gone to bed.  Clothes are thrown down along the floor as she change into her pajamas.  Junghee laid her laptop on the bed as the files and evidence were scattered all over.  She lingers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter