Chapter Ten

Undercover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

It has been several weeks since all of the chaos happened at school, Somin had returned to class, some of her bruises are still apparent to the bare eye.  After she got back, Junghee has been more protective of Somin, watching out for Areum’s next plan. The day progress as the hours goes by and the students dive back into their routine.  Relief lifted off of their shoulders as the doorbell rang, lunch time had appeared while their feet automatically walk towards the cafeteria.  Somin and Junghee sat down at their usual table minding their own business, grabbing up their time together.

“No way! Mr. Jeon is watching you?” Somin is shocked to hear Junghee’s news come out nowhere.

“More like babysitting.”

“Well, your news is more exciting than mine. I just got discharged from the hospital today.” Junghee looks at her classmate confused.

“How in the world is that exciting? You should be excited to be out of there, it's a crowded place.”

“With a weird smell.” They both laugh.  The girls spend the remainder of the time telling each other what the past few weeks what they have been up to. Fifteen minutes later Somin gains courage to openly talk to Junghee what’s been on her mind.

“Hey, can I ask you a question?” Somin glances side to side while playing with her Bulgogi before continuing to speak.

“Shoot.” Junghee sips from the steel cup of water. She hesitates to open and shortly a loud noise blast out, they both raised their heads as they listen to the bell.  They walked out of the door Junghee nudges Somin with her elbow, “What was your question?” the girls halt at the entrance to the classroom.

“Ah, it's nothing.” Students got back down to their seats while chatting among themselves before Mr. Jeon returns. Textbooks, drawing out from their desks, notebooks, blank ready to be written in, and pencils and pens lying close enough to grab. The brunette expanded her hand over the crease between the two wooden desks, capturing Junghee’s attention. “Actually, let’s talk afte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter