Alone (Wootae)

Taeyeon's short stories collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Alone.

This is the best word to describe me. I’m alone. I’ve always been alone. I’m used to be alone.

I always sat alone at school. My classmates would talk or study together. I never did that. I would always stay in a corner or at the desk at the end of the classroom. I didn’t need anyone.

Or so I thought.

One day our teacher said we will have a new student. He was tall, with dark brown hair and had a nice smile. He seemed really cute. His name was Wooyoung. He sat beside me.

We really didn’t talk. He tried to, but I would just say one or two words. I didn’t want to have friends. I liked to be alone.

I didn’t know how it started, but I noticed Wooyoung would always try to spend time with me. He sat with me during lunch time, he would talk to me in class or he would just simply walk next to me.

It really didn’t bother me. I didn’t know why but I liked it.

Little by little I started to talk more with him. I even made jokes. He was so surprised that day. Until I realized that I was becoming too friendly with him. This had to stop before I could get hurt.

 

I stopped talking to him. He didn’t understand my behavior and he tried to talk to me. I always ignored him. I couldn’t get hurt.

He eventually stopped trying. Maybe he finally understood that I wouldn’t talk to him anymore and he got tired of me. I thought I would feel better, but I only felt worse.

I felt empty and I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter