Theft and Betrayal

Our House [One-Shot/Drabble Collection]

“Okay, wasn’t there one last bag of nacho cheese Doritos, from when Kris went to the states, left?” Luhan closes one of the top pantry cabinets and turns towards the breakfast bar where Junhee is helping Seyun with her essay.

Seyun straightens her back from hunching over Junhee’s shoulder and pucker her lips out in thought. She takes an abandon pencil and starts tapping it on her lips, like she actually cares to ponder about Luhan's question.

“It isn’t in one of the top shelves? Kris likes to hide things there since everyone are practically midgets here.” Seyun shrugs at Luhan’s gapped expression. The younger then leans back onto the breakfast bar, her weight leaning on her arms, and tilts her head to focus on Junhee who’s helping her, or more like doing her essay for her.

The only thing Seyun had provided was the sheets of paper, a pencil and the topic of what the essay is supposed to be about. It’s not her fault that Junhee is so easy to manipulate. Plus, she’ll be getting an A. And with that A Seyun will shove it in Professor’s ’ face year ‘round.

Luhan shook her head to recover from the light haired woman’s insult. “If you couldn’t already tell by the loud slamming, I already checked the top shelves.”

“Are you sure?” Seyun doesn’t move an inch of her body but solely her eyes, giving Luhan her famous “side-eye”.

Luhan leans towards the younger, her index finger pointing toward her, and hisses, “Seyun, I will not hesitant to punch you in your—”

Junhee sighs like it physically hurts her. She slams her pencil down and glares at Luhan, her eyebrows furrowed, “Maybe Kris took the bag since there was practice today. Did you think of that, Luhan?”

The blonde mumbles just like Seyun would do whenever Junhee gets after her. It's scary how alike the two are.

“No…”

“There’s your answer,” Junhee points the pencil at the blonde then directs it toward Seyun, “And you,” the older woman shoves Seyun’s nose with the pencil, triggering the younger to yelp, “are supposed to do this essay yourself, not manipulate me!”

Seyun rubs her nose. She would say sorry, but she really isn’t. So instead she gives a cute puppy shrug that she knew all the older woman fell for, blinks her eyes and pouts her lower lip out.

The dark haired woman rolls her eyes and rubs her temples with both palms of her hands. “Work on it yourself. Come to me when you need proofreading.” Junhee sighs and then leaves, mumbling incoherent words.

The youngest snaps her head toward the grinning Luhan, her long hair coming around to slap the other side of her face. She spits the strays out and hisses, “It’s all your fault!”

Luhan laughs, “My fault? I’m just asking about chips here, not using my housemates to do my homework.”

“Why you little—” Seyun reaches across with her arms out whilst Luhan s one arm out to bay the younger; her other one is ever so slowly being brought back to fulfill her proposition of earlier.

“Um,” Misook’s voice makes the two pause in a position that looks very questioning, “am I interrupting something?” Her eyes dart to Luhan’s fist that is literally hairs away from Seyun’s left . Seyun’s hand positions, on the other hand, is one gripping Luhan’s shirt collar and the other at the back of Luhan’s head, fingers tangled in the blonde hairs.

The two blink at Misook, then jerk to make eye contact with one another.

Luhan grips Seyun’s wrist and shoves her back to her stool when three seconds too long pass. The blonde then jerks to face Misook and starts shaking her head and waving her hands, saying, “Nothing, nothing. Nope, nothing here is, nope. No, no. Misook, nothing. Nope.”

Misook nods her head slowly; her eyes narrow as they travel to a fluster looking Seyun who’s trying to hide her fluster face. Misook looks back to Luhan, “Okay,” she doesn’t believe it and could really care less, “sure.”

Luhan lets out a mute sigh once Misook walks over to the sink and bends down to the cabinet and starts searching for something.

“Oh! By the way, Misook, do you know what happened to the last bag of Doritos?” Luhan asks as she observes Misook’s form.

“Kris’?” Misook echoes.

“Junhee says that Kris might have taken it to practice.” Seyun pips in.

“Huh… yeah, probably…” Misook voice sounds uninterested as she continues her search and Luhan is convinced that Junhee was probably right as Misook was up this morning with Kris. She was really looking forward to pigging out in the living room, watching Zitao beat Jungin in console games whilst the latter never gives up.

“Dang, al—” the loud, almost heavenly sound of a chip bag crinkling breaks Luhan’s heart as she watches Misook rise from the ground and slams the sink cabinet close.

The kitchen is silent as the two watch Misook set the red bag on the counter and pop it open. She then takes a big whiff of the nacho cheese smell and moans with one full body wiggle.

“Is… is that…?” Luhan sounds like she's been betrayed by someone she least suspected (because she was).

Misook turns to Luhan and reveals a ghost of a smirk, “What? This?” She lifts the bag with one hand, “Was this was what you were looking for?” She taunts.

Seyun covers with both of her hands. Luhan’s expression is far too hilarious for her to keep a straight face.

“I…I…”

“Well unlike like you, Luhan, who was going to steal Kris’ chips right from under the nose, woke up early this morning to ask Kris if I could have the last bag.” Misook dips her hand into the bag and picks up a cheese coated chip between her index finger and thumb. Without breaking eye contact, Misook consumes the chip and does another small body wiggle at the taste. “You snooze you lose, Luhan.” She laughs as she makes her way out of the kitchen, crunching loudly on her chips, muttering about how no one ever looks under the sink.

“Hey Luhan,” Seyun calls for attention and gets a blank faced Luhan, “I think I know where the bag is.” She snorts a laugh at Luhan’s annoyed look.


(The rest of the evening Seyun is found cradling her left .)

A / N:
forgive me for not updating last Monday ;-; hopefully i won't be missing anymore, no promises though.
sad news: i only have 3-4 more pre-written one-shots left.
good news: i have a lot of ideas for more.
more sad news: i haven't been in the right mindset to sit down and type them out...
more good news: this also means i might be asking for prompts?? so yay??
fun fact #1: this idea came from - i forget the name of - the bts of exo filming their EXODUS teasers and Xiumin was chowing down on some Doritos and i was like "yes" lmao
fun fact #2: it was just supposed to feature xiuhan but seyun and junhee came outta nowhere
fun fact #3: seyun is a snarky piece of [and i love it]
Thank you for reading! See you next Monday! <3