Jell-o

Our House [One-Shot/Drabble Collection]

Park Chanyoung rings the doorbell with jittery and sweaty hands. This is it, the last of the housings she’ll be looking at and she dearly hopes they’ll not only accept her unlike the other four places she checked out earlier in the day, but is also… well, livable.

The housing has everything a young and striving college girl could ask for. Free water and electric plus free Wi-Fi; it’s located in a nice neighborhood that is close to bus stops that go to Chanyoung’s current university; there’s no curfew thus no lock outs; it’s not co-ed and the rent is low, like scary low. Chanyoung’s still surprised that the housing has eight more rooms to fill (but hopefully only seven afterward).

Chanyoung lifts her bright red and blue cap with the superman logo on it and flickers it once to only place it back on her jet black hair, a nervous habit she picked up since middle school. She’s debating just knocking on the door instead of ringing the bell again—she doesn't want to annoy the other tenants or landlord.

In the end the small voice won in her head and she lifts her hand to knock when it suddenly opens and she stops hairs away from knocking on someone’s forehead.

Chanyoung blinks dumbly at the dark haired girl in front of her. She has long straight black hair, round eyes with too much white to them and thick eyebrows that are frowning up at her. She looks piss and Chanyoung is sacred that she’s the cause of it.

She knew she should’ve rung the bell only twice and not trice.

Chanyoung swallows her saliva and starts with a lame, “Um,” but the short girl interrupts her with her deep and mature voice.

“Here for rent?”

“Yeah.” Chanyoung lamely ends just the same.

The girl moves to the right and allows Chanyoung to enter. Chanyoung gives a polite ninety degree bow to the shorter girl and rises to glance around the place, not thinking of taking off her shoes and joining the short girl in the middle of the open space.

It’s clean, well lit by the open windows, colorful but still tasteful for those that ideal plain colors and open. She likes it.

She glances left to see a table with chairs from an open walkway and takes it that that’s the dining room. Her eyes then travel towards the right, leaning her body to peek over the little shoe closets they have to only inhale sharply at the sight before her. She jerks her body back, letting the shoe closet conceal her view, completely oblivious towards the strange look the shorter girl gives her.

“Oh, thanks for opening the door Kyungri—God damnit Kris!” A new woman appears from the flight of stairs up ahead, and behind the shorter female, to only halt her movements once the person in exclamation appears.

The woman at the base of the stairs has light brown hair cut just above her shoulders, bangs that prettily frame her cute bunny-like face with sharp eyes and sharp eyebrows. Her clothes are casual for staying home with tight fitting yoga pants (Chanyoung assumes, or were they called leggings?) and a white off the shoulder shirt. She looks like a very humble and cute person.

On the other hand, the woman that goes by Kris (must be short for a American name, Chanyoung thinks) is dress in nothing but loose black basketball shorts that fall pass her knees and a black sports bra. She sports short dyed blonde hair with a little pony tail but unfortunately Chanyoung can’t see her face since the blonde’s facing away from her.

Chanyoung quickly averts her gaze back to the humble woman once Kris seems to notice someone was calling her.

The blonde takes off her headset and places it around her neck and raises an eyebrow at the woman by the stairs.

“Did you call for me?”

“Did I—” the woman scoffs with her hands resting at her hips, “Yes I did, Kris! What have I told you about walking around the house half ?” She sounds like a scolding mother to her disobedient daughter, Chanyoung concludes.

Movement catches everyone’s attention as the shortest of them all walks off towards the left with a bow towards the woman giving a scolding.

“Thanks again, Kyungri dear!”

Now there’s just three in the open corridor and it’s making Chanyoung uncomfortable. But she doesn’t know what makes her the most uncomfortable; the woman in her sports bra or the woman with the aura of disappoint towards the sports bra woman.

Probably both.

“To put clothes on?” Kris finally answers after watching Kyungri’s retreating back, Chanyoung notices. She also notices the other woman repressing from losing her temper with deep inhales and exhales.

“And what are you doing, Kris?”

The blonde seems to be genuinely thinking of an answer until she opens and utters, “Wearing clothes?” It sounds like a sarcastic reply but Kris’ tone hints nothing of the such.

Chanyoung looks back to Junhee who seems to be having an inner fight with herself. She also looks like she wants to cry but instead she smiles (through the pain, or well frustration in this case) and starts in the sweetest, honey coated voice Chanyoung has only heard her mother speak in, “Clothes? Honey… sweetheart…”—then she snaps—“You’re wearing a bra and gym shorts! You’re still half !”

“Do you even know what half means?” Kris fires back with flashy gestures.

“Yes I do because you do it all the time!”

“We’re all girls!”

“It’s indecent, Kris!”

“What’s the difference between me walking around in my underwear to a bikini? None!”

“We have a guest!”

Cue in awkward Chanyoung.

She smiles awkwardly and is about to wave until she chokes on air once Kris turns to look at her.

She’s gorgeous!’ Chanyoung screams in her head at the sharp and stunning facial features of Kris. She has never seen another woman as beautiful as her and now Chanyoung understands why she seems to always be flaunting her body—she was gorgeous!

“Oh.” Kris’ voice is like music to her ears now and she’s actually happy that she’s not going to be the only one around the house with a husky and deep voice (that is if she’s accepted). “Sup!” And now she feels like pudding, or Jell-O, or something, over the goofy and cute smile Kris sends her way.

Quick! Say something witty!’ But nothing witty comes out as Chanyoung stutters her greeting toward the blonde. ‘First impression is ruined! Noo!

“You’re scaring the poor girl!” Junhee quickly hurries over to the tall girl and pats her arms in a way that seems to be her comforting Chanyoung. “Look, I’m sorry about this. Kris is a bit… different.” She gives a strain smile and Chanyoung can’t help and give a giggle at that.

“I’m going to take that as a compliment, Junnie.” Kris speaks up from behind the two (Chanyoung flinches) and winks once Chanyoung makes eye contact with her.

“Don’t!” Junhee cuts with venom. “Don’t you have something to do other than scare off renters?”

Kris rolls her eyes. “Yes your Highness.” She gives an impolite bow and turns to head up stairs but half way up she stops and calls for Chanyoung.

“Y-Yes?”

“Welcome!” Once again Chanyoung is pudding in the blonde’s hands at that goofy smile and without hesitation she assures Junhee that she loves the place and wishes to rent.


(“But I haven’t given you the tour of the place…” Junhee frowns cutely.

“Oh, um, okay.” Chanyoung lamely complies but the touring doesn’t change her decision.

She picks the room right across from Kris’.)

A / N:
so sorry for not updating last Monday but things came up ;-; hopefully this makes up for it!!
also, also!! WELCOME to all the new subbies and a huge thank you to the first ever upvote!! i have tears and my nose is stuffy. it made my day when i saw the upvote! <3
fun fact #1: the bickering between Kris and Junhee is actually how this one-shot came to be.
fun fact #2: this wasn't supposed to be a move-in date lul
fun fact #3: there is more between the lines in this one-shot so look forward to that~