Chortles

Our House [One-Shot/Drabble Collection]

Chanyoung takes the stairs down in a quick manner; a gleeful smile on her face. Jungin is to arrive home in less than an hour from her volunteer job at the shelter and Chanyoung feels like bouncing off the walls.

They’ve been planning to play co-op Overcooked 2 for weeks since the launch, but with work, volunteering, and classes, they always had to cancel. Even when the both of them were off they were too exhausted to play games and would just want to pig out or nap all day.

But not today.

Chanyoung jumps the last three steps to land with almost perfect balance; she steadies herself with her arms horizontal. She counts to three then skips off to the gaming room to meet Byun Baekhee in a very weird, yoga-like position.

“Yo.” Chanyoung greets the of Baekhee who loses her balance and collapses to the floor with a ugly grunt. Chanyoung rushes over to help her up. Baekhee gladly allows Chanyoung to pull her weight up, not helping at all.

Baekhee adjusts her hot shorts from riding up as she asks, “What’s up?”

“I would ask you that, but you kinda fell.” Chanyoung shrugs with a smile that is trembling to release a snorting laugh.

“Oh har har.” Baekhee mocks playfully but straightens herself up. “Do you need the room?”

Chanyoung glances around at all the furniture pushed up against the wall and Baekhee’s rainbow colored matt placed in the center of it all. She looks back up to Baekhee and shakes her head. “Not yet. What were you doing anyways?” Chanyoung makes small talk as she goes over to the three-seater and plops down horizontally.

Baekhee sits on the floor, leg apart but facing Chanyoung to maintain eye contact. She widens the gap between her legs, relaxes her back and bends sideways to touch her toes. “Yoga.” She breathes.

Chanyoung raises her eyebrows.

“Okay, fine, YouTube Yoga.” Baekhee gradually goes back to her prior position then bends to the other side with a grin at the chuckling Chanyoung.

“Fair enough. ‘Cause I was about say that doesn’t look right from watching Junhee’s routine.”

“That’s because she mainly focuses on her .” Baekhee straightens her back, brings her hands on the ground in front of her and lifts herself up to bring her legs under. “And legs and thighs, but mostly .” She then settles on her legs.

The causal talk falls silent once Chanyoung nodded her reply. Baekhee shifts on her legs, never working well with total silence. She thinks of many topics to bring up but none ever make it to to push out.

“Well I—”

“Come here—”

Both speak at the same time as both rise to their feet. They pause, waiting for the other to speak, but when neither do they try again. The outcome is the same. Chanyoung gestures for Baekhee to speak first.

Baekhee giggles nervously. “I was just… I’ve always noticed you have, like, really long arms and legs and was wondering if you could easily reach your toes?” A completely random question that Baekhee isn’t actually proud of asking, for once. But it sparks Chanyoung to not leave and continue talking to her.

Chanyoung walks over to Baekhee. “I can try?” She questions with a funny look that gets Baekhee giggling.

Chanyoung, slowly and awkwardly, bends down with her arms dangling in front of her, aiming to reach her toes. But her finger tips never make it. They barely even make it to her knees.

“What!” Baekhee is shocked as she crouches down and glares at Chanyoung’s fingers. She looks up to the red faced Chanyoung, “You have such long arms though!”

Chanyoung struggles to smile bent over. “Invalid. My legs counter my arms.” Her voice is strained.

Baekhee chortles at Chanyoung lame joke. “You’re such a nerd, Chanyoung.”


a/n:
i've rewritten this x4;; and i'm still not completely happy with the turn out :/
i may, or may not, update on the 24th. just an fyi