Refresh

Our House [One-Shot/Drabble Collection]

Kim Misook stares at her design with a blank look. Her mind is picturing nothing, her interest has dropped and her motivation is at a solid zone. It’s frustrating her, but she doesn’t want to quit just yet so she scoots back just a bit in her chair, places her elbows on her desk and holds her chin within the palm of her hands. She stares. And stares and stares.

Her sketch isn’t coming to life in her head like it used to and it’s irritating because she needs to turn at least a rough draft in soon. Misook’s been putting it off for days and she knows she’s on her last straw.

She spends a full ten minutes doing nothing but staring at her penciled design before ultimately deciding to put it away and start anew. She grabs a new sheet whilst placing the tube with her old one in its slot. Misook doesn’t believe in scrapping ideas. In fact most of her designs comes from ideas that she had lost inspiration for at one point.

Misook readjusts herself and her chair along with everything on her desk. She picks up her drawing utensil and waits for inspiration to come.

A soft knock on her bedroom door halts her jumbled and frantic mind; before she can ask who it is the door opens and in walks Jungin with her tablet brightly lit.

“Hey.” Jungin softly mumbles with droopy eyes and a small smile. She’s still in her pajamas, her hair is a bit of a birds nest and overall she looks tired. Very tired.

Misook replies with a mirrored version of Jungin’s hey and smiles back at her.

Jungin gives a small nod of acknowledgement at Misook’s greeting and makes her way straight to Misook’s made bed where she gently lays herself down on her side and covers herself; maneuvering Misook’s three stuffed animals to frame where she puts her tablet.

Nothing else is spoken and no other sounds are made.

The oldest puts her tools down and away from her sheet as to not accidentally mark anything. She then rests her arms on her desk, turns slightly and observes Jungin with a fond smile.

Jungin is a bit mysterious, in a way, to Misook. She’s a young woman who enjoys spending time with the loud mouths of the household; Baekhee, Zitao, Seyun, Junghae and more, but at the same time she also spends quiet moments with those that are; herself, Kyungri and Yixin. She’s strangely like the perfect mold of extrovert and introvert.

But there are times, Misook and the household had come to learn, that Jungin just needs a little bit of peace and quiet to rejuvenate her energy which is way she’s here right now.

Typically Misook is the known “pet-peeve” person of the household who doesn’t like anyone, and she means anyone, on her bed, in her room or messing with anything she owns. But over time, ever since Jungin had moved in, she’s been very lenient with what Jungin can and cannot do. For starters, she’s the only one allowed to touch her bed.

Now Misook does admit that partly of the reason she allows Jungin in her bed is because the younger had opened up to her about her little episodes were she’s very down and just needs to be in the presence of someone who makes her comfortable. At least that’s what a certain therapist-to-be had requested of her to do when she’s not in the ups and it has been working ever since.

Jungin giggles softly like a small child, snapping Misook out of her thoughts. She sees that Jungin now has a hold of one of her stuffed animals (possibly Jungin’s favorite); fiddling with its ears. Jungin flicks her index finger to scroll down whatever she is reading, her legs wiggling under the velvet cover.

Misook gently releases a silent chuckle at the actions and turns back to her sheet. Inspiration has hit her, but it's not for her drawing.

It’s not until two hours fly by that Misook hears Jungin rise from her bed; she pauses her crafting and looks up to Jungin.

“Going?” Misook asks.

Jungin doesn’t say anything as she remakes Misook’s bed [that the oldest appreciates], sets the animals back to how they were and then speaks, livelier than the time she had walked in, “Yeah. Did you need a drink, or a snack?”

Misook shakes her head, “I’m good.”

“Okay.” Jungin smiles and walks out of Misook’s room with a skip in her step.

Their friendship is weird, Misook notes as she stares at the closed door. But she enjoys the company of Jungin every once in a while so she’s not complaining. Though next time Jungin will probably go to either Yixin or Kyungri.

Misook shrugs lightly and goes back to work with a fond smile.


A / N:
i wanted to post a diff ch up, but i no longer like the direction it was going so i'm changing it.
so enjoy this ch that was supposed to be next week's ch lol
also lightly proofread.
Until next Monday!