All She Wants Is Just A Quiet Afternoon

Our House [One-Shot/Drabble Collection]

Yixin happily hums a cheery tone to herself as she puts away the rest of the celery and the half filled ranch dressing back into the fridge. With a hop in her step she makes her way back over to her plate, picks it up and takes off towards the living room.

She has an hour, two at most, just for herself before she has to dive back into the chaos at the hospital and Yixin wants to spend it peacefully catching up on some dramas she left for rainy days [which she hasn’t had in months because her resident always has her on-call].

With her humming and her mind running amok on which particular series she wants to tackle first, Yixin doesn’t pick up on the ever growing argument until she faces it at the foyer of the living room.

It’s Luhan and Junghae, she grimaces, and they’re bickering once again.

“I’m trying to have a serious conversation with you here!” Luhan explodes in anger to a stance. The short chestnut haired woman’s cheeks are blazing red and her hands are up in the air; fingers battling to a silent tone. Her eyes are widen in what appears as astonishment toward Junghae.

Junghae jerks her head up to make eye contact with Luhan. Her face, for a second, is blank but it’s quickly infected by a growing mocking grin. “And I’m trying to,” Junghae motions the ‘shoo’ hand gesture horizontally from her chest, “subtly avoid it.”

Luhan drops her arms and stares in disbelief at the younger women. “Wha…?” She shuts at the bubbling crackle of saliva before any other words escape, inhales and does what she does best—attack Junghae.

“Why?” Yixin inquiries out loud with a tired sigh tailing the end.

She watches the two roughhouse to the sofa, slaps and punches here and there. Junghae somehow gets Luhan in a choke hold but doesn’t last long when the older elbows her in the gut and the two go sailing down to the carpet. Their fight still continues.

“I used to ask myself that everyday when Lu moved in.” Kris startles Yixin; almost causing her to drop her plate of celery.

“Please stop that.” Yixin comments with a voice crack and a hand over her heart.

Kris gazes down to her and shrugs sheepishly, “Sorry. I forgot you had a late night.” Kris then goes back to watching the wrestling match on the living room floor. At one point Kris is pretty sure Junghae knocked her head on the coffee table but she bounces back twice as fast.

“You know what they make me think of?” Yixin tears her eyes away from the two to look at Kris who raises a eyebrow in question; no longer having that feeling of separating them that she once had when she first moved in. Yixin soon learned within her first week that those two solved all their problems with each other physically. “They make me think of brothers. Like on shows and movies?”

Kris tilts her head and thinks. She chuckles with a nod at the thought, “They do don’t they?” Both of them watch, fondly, at the two; Luhan trying desperately to keep Junghae in a headlock.

“And they never pull each others hair… it’s so strange, to me.” Yixin adds.

“Eh it’s how they are.” Kris shrugs and eyeballs Yixin’s plate. “To be honest I would’n’ve pegged Junghae as a roughhouser but the second Luhan came in and picked a fight, it was like she unleashed a beast.”

“Really?” Yixin blinks up at Kris, turning her body to face the taller women and leaving her plate wide open for an attack.

“...foul play you er!” they hear Luhan grunt. Yixin turns to face the two and on her teeth at Luhan who is caged underneath Junghae, struggling to free herself. Kris, on the other hand, ignores the cries and takes a celery and rolls it in ranch dressing.

“Foul play my you punch me in my !”

“It’s free range for me!”

“Why? Because you don’t have and I do?” Their bodies rotate with Luhan saddling Junghae’s stomach; her hands held captive above her head. Luhan starts to gurgle saliva with a grin and Junghae panics.

“Oh hey Lu learned that from Da Boyz.” Kris comments casually and gestures with her celery to the sadistic Luhan.

“The Boys? Oh, the community group you three play basketball with…” Yixin watches Junghae cry for help and Luhan visibly laughing, “I think they rubbed off on her too much?”

Kris makes a sound and shrugs once again. “Nothing I can do when she soaks up stupidity more than Seyun does.” She then takes the first initiative bite and then another to break it down when a revolting taste explodes in . The older woman starts to make vomiting sounds and motions.

“Really, Kris?”

“Blarghh gr-oss ugggh!” Her vomiting motion enhances as well as her vocal; her back hunches with each closed mouth heave.

Yixin takes five steps away from her. “I swear if you throw up because of—” she gasps in disgust when Kris brings a hand up to and upchucks the piece of food into it. “Gross!”

“I know!” Kris cries with tears in her eyes at the same time the sound of shattering glass is heard.


(Fortunately the glass that broke wasn’t from any of the four. It was done by Chanyoung who was out back playing hacky sack with Seyun and Jungin when she used a little too much force and kicked the sack into the sliding door.)

A/ N:
when you almost forgot that today is Monday OTL
i panicked choosing which os to post lol but i think it's time for yixin to shine a bit
she've only been in, what, one chapter?? im doing her dirty ;A; need to make more yixin-shots. [amongst others]
i also bulls**ted my way through yixin's career backdrop lmao i'm sorry. i'll fix that in future chapters.
i've also decided to do a TOC for this series and will put it up as the first ch instead of the forward. gotta work on that now.
thanks for reading and see ya'll next Monday!