Fake or Real? | Year 2

Our House [One-Shot/Drabble Collection]

“So… fake or real?” Junhee pops the question once Kris sits down at the dinner table, fresh hot chocolate in hand.

“Real.” Kris says without a second thought along with Misook who sits to her right. The latter nods in agreement pausing every now and then to swallow her delicious beverage.

Junhee leans back, taking her hot chocolate along to the edge of the table. She drums her fingers on her white “#1 Mom” mug, nibbles on her lower lip and tilts her head in question. “Are you sure we’re able to keep a real tree alive?” She spares the two in front of her a sharp look.

The oldest gives an almost lifeless shrug at the question as she noisily rises from her seat to refill her mug with a second serving of coffee.

Kris, though, raises a finger at Junhee as she takes a big gulp to only choke on the hot liquid. The silver haired woman dips her tongue out and fans it, repeating “tis haah, tis haah!”

Junhee gives Kris that look that’s especially reserved for only her. Misook, on the other hand, ignores the dramatic giant as she pours in her sugar and milk.

Finally seemingly to have cooled down her tongue, Kris takes a cautious sip of her hot beverage, smacks her lips once and assures Junhee with, “We have twelve people to water a real tree,” Kris moves her mug in a circle as if to show her point, “We’re fine.”

Misook snorts into her coffee in a failed attempt to not laugh. She places her blue patterned mug down, swallowing whatever coffee that didn’t travel back into the mug and wipes with the back of her sweater’s sleeve. The oldest then turns to face the two who give Misook a look that silently ask if she’s okay. She nods, gives a pointed look at Kris and says, “That’s what you told Jungin about the fishes she won at the summer festival.”

The silver haired woman places her mug down and points a finger at Misook (who’s resting her hands on the kitchen island with her brows raise), ready to throw a comeback but draws up nothing. opens and closes like those two goldfishes Jungin had won. “…Goldfish don’t even have a long life span to start with…” Kris mumbles into her mug as she leans back.

Junhee reaches across and slaps Kris’ shoulder despite holding back a laugh.

May Fishie and Fish rest in peace.

“So then it’s two for real and one for fake?” Junhee waves her finger between Misook and Kris then herself for the latter.

“Why are you opting for artificial?” Misook asks, finding a new spot standing behind the counter with her elbows holding her weight up and her mug nestled in her hands.

“My family usually got a real tree for Christmas, but we have Chanyoung who’s allergic to pollen in general and dust along with mold and Jungin who’s allergic to pine so an artificial tree would suffice.”

Misook nods understandingly with her mug following suit. “I forgot about them. , but we gotta adjust. I don’t want any dying kids on my watch.”

Kris chokes at the conversation unraveling before her. “What, no! It isn’t Christmas without a real tree! C’mon now!” She pushes her mug to the side and lays her large hands on the polished table, fingers moving with her words as she speaks, “There’s, like, pills for their allergies. They can take some. Please don’t take away my tree.” Kris slugs her head down to the table and makes the ugliest saddest face ever.

Junhee and Misook both share a look at each other.

The youngest sighs as if her life is draining from her. “On one condition, Kris—” Junhee starts but Kris is already out of her seat at "one". Junhee dives to grab ahold of Kris before she leaves, “I said on one condition!”

Misook sighs into her mug as the two do their daily shenanigans that would otherwise look like arguments to outsiders. She watches Junhee hammer down rules and the do’s and don’t’s of the condition for Kris as Kris herself just blankly stares. Misook is pretty sure she’s not listening to a word Junhee is saying.

“Understand? Seven or more—no tie!” Junhee finishes off her lecture. Her finally finds its home and her very tired thighs seem to sigh in relief.

“Okay!” Kris resumes her kid-like sugar high. Misook is actually spooked by this because it’s the first time she has ever seen Kris without her default face on. Looks like Junhee wasn’t lying about how big Christmas is to the first tenant.

Kris’ arm is then freed but she doesn’t leave. Instead she surprises Junhee (and Misook) by caging Junhee’s face between her hands and placing a sloppy kiss on her forehead with a psyched, “Thank you!” She scatters out of the dining room faster than Junhee could blink.

Misook downs her coffee as the loud voices of Kris and the others ricochet off the walls. Her eyes are glued to Junhee who is trying her hardest not to smile at her fingertips that had just lightly touched her forehead where Kris’ lips were. Misook snorts.

Junhee jolts and locks eye with Misook. She frowns like a very adorable angry bunny, “Shut up Misook.” Her voice wobbles and Misook knows she’s way to giddy to actually be upset.

“Oh,” Misook finishes her last drop of coffee, “Didn’t know you could read minds now.” She smirks.

“Ugh!”


(In the end it was seven to five with the artificial tree having the most votes.

Kris is bitter but at least she's got that community house decorating in her pocket.

She's [they're] going to win first place or so help her hands from strangling Byun Baekhee from wasting and wrapping lights, tinsel, ribbons and Christmas wrappings around herself.)

A / N:
merry christmas! or happy holidays ya'll! i promised a one-shot and here it is! <3
it may not be the best, i know, but it's just their 1st [2nd] year together so...chaos is in later years xD

["krisho" might be cannon in this story OTL they write themselves i swear it's never planned]
anyways i hope that your final days of 2017 is filled with happiness, smiles and laughter and that your New Year is triple that!!
until next random [probably in Jan for the request shots i'm working on] Monday!