007

2 Masks, 1 Kiss

            "Is everything prepared and ready?"

            "Yes it is, Princess."

            "Shall we open the gates?"

            "That’s on your call, your majesty."

            "Please open the gates and welcome in the citizens."

            Jaehyun sent out the signal and the guards began pushing open the gates with a grunt as the metal scratched against the snowed-covered, stoned pathway once again. The crowd cheered as they filed in with their next best attire and Christmas gift bags and boxes for the Princess, although, she never asked for them to bring her gifts. One by one everyone dropped their gift under the grand Christmas tree that towered over the citizens as it sat in the middle of the room lit up with gold and red ornaments and white lights.

            With all the citizens filling the ballroom, all dressed for the Christmas celebration filled KangYuna up with so my Christmas spirit. If she had to answer what her favorite holiday would be, it would be Christmas. There was just something not just Christmas, but the whole month of December, they made her feel so nostalgic of cinnamon apple spices, hot chocolate. All in all, if you just say Christmas spirit, everyone understands the meaning. However, something else was on the Princess’s mind.

            ‘Hmm… where is he?’  KangYuna stood up on her tip-toes looking over the crowd.

            "Good evening, your majesty," citizens bowed and greeted the Princess. KangYuna nodded her head not really acknowledging their presence.

            ’22-hundred, please come faster.’

            "I shall stay patient and be patient," KangYuna pep-talked herself, she hiked up her gold dress and stepped down from the throne. Immediately, the crowd parted as she walked through. She headed towards the snack table, feeling quite hungry and hoping her eating would make time pass faster.

            The last letter she sent Baekhyun informed him to meet KangYuna at 22:00 around the area where they kissed. Current time was 20:30 still an hour and thirty-minutes to go. She shoved a fruit kabob into and sighed.

            "Princess, how are you on this beautiful winter night?" A tall gentleman asked KangYuna.

            "I'm doing well. How 'bout you, sir?"

            "Oh, I'm doing swell!" His cheeriness was a bit overwhelming for KangYuna that she felt him trying to be comfortable with her; almost too comfortable.

            “That’s wonderful.”

            "Princess, I must inform you there is a problem over there that you should investigate," Jaehyun strolled over and saved KangYuna from her discomfort.

            "Oh, yes- please enjoy your night here, sir,” KangYuna nodded her head toward the gentleman and walked off. "You are a life saver."

            "No problem, Princess. I can sense your uncomfortable-ness from a mile away," he laughed.

            KangYuna giggled. "Ah, I just wish I had a mask to cover up my identity. It felt some much easier to get around and not be bombarded with everyone being so overly kind to me."

            The two walked on, brushing past couples dancing and chatting among each other.

            "There she is," he whispered to his friend. "Ugh, but that guard reeks, he's the same one from the first night."

            "I know," he glanced back at KangYuna, ignoring his friend's rude comment.

            "You're one lucky man," Chanyeol patted his friend. "But you kind of smell like a dog…"

            "What?! And you never told me earlier?" Baekhyun glared hard at his friend, sniffing himself.

            "He's kidding, you smell fine," D.O rolled his eyes. "But damn if you break the Princess' heart, you are done for!"

            "Why do you keep saying that? This curse is never going to let me go of her," he stuck his arms out.

            Suho pushed Baekhyun's arms down. "On the contrary, that kiss lasted only a second. It's needs to be a bit longer to feel the full effect. At this point, she could easily fall out of love."

            "So that means I need to see her right?" Baekhyun raised his eyebrows, playfully.

            "Yes. Fate is already playing its game."

            "Oh, can an hour go faster please." He placed his fingers together in a ball and closed his eyes, praying to the heavens.

            "Maybe, if you stand at your meeting place and look lost, she'll come to you faster," Kai suggested.

            "That's kind of stup-" D.O started, but was interrupted.

            "Hey, that's not a bad idea," Baekhyun nodded his head and pressed his lips in a tight line. "I'm going to do that."

            "Hwaiting," Chanyeol waved to his friend who briskly walked off into the distance.

            "Suho, how do you know so much about that thing? You don’t have a girl and you’re always with us?" Kai questioned the older male.

            "I just do.” He, calmly, said and walked off in the shuffle of citizens.

            "Don't mention it to him. It’s a super personal topic no matter how close we are," D.O said. “He’ll tell us when he’s ready.”

            Baekhyun took long strides as he nervously walked over to their meeting place. The princess wasn't in sight.

            "Ehem," someone cleared their throat behind him. He turned around to see the most beautiful girl in the whole kingdom.

            She wore a gold dress that flowed straight down and pooled down to her feet. Her brown hair; straight and pinned back with a gold clip and her face as white as snow. God, in Baekhyun’s eyes she was perfect. She was the golden one; The El Dorado. However she didn't look at him, she kept a straight face and looked forward as she were looking at someone else behind him.

            "Princess KangYuna," he bowed and spoke quietly and politely as he was speaking to royalty in public for which no one knew of their secret relationship.

            She spoke quietly as well; almost in a whisper. "Take the West entrance up to the third floor and you'll see a golden doubled-door room. Meet me there in five minutes," she said and walked off keeping her serious and strong aura mesmerizing him.

            He watched as her dress swayed back and forth and bounced up and down as she climbed up the steps. She glanced back at Baekhyun and smirked before disappearing off into the hallway. He swore that her smirk made his heart jump all over the place.

            Minutes passed and Baekhyun started to get jittery. Baekhyun decided he'll begin to follow her footsteps. One by one, he climbed higher and higher, the heel of his shoes clapping down onto the tile steps. He looked around for any guards, but none were to be found. He came face to face with the large golden doubled-doors and pushed them open.

He gasped as the large book shelves towered over him. Every book spine decorated in a silver or golden design and sparkled in the light; each book getting their own spotlight of attention. He’s never seen a library so grand before then again, he’s not really the type to walk into a library for the pleasure of reading anyway.

            "Psst," he turned around to see the golden material slip and disappear behind a bookshelf. He quickly followed, but to only see the dress disappear behind another row. She giggled and he smiled. It was music to his ears. He followed behind quickly trying to catch up with her, but kept missing her by mere seconds. He then was getting lost in the maze of books. He looked around for an exit and the Princess. He knew she was still in the room and close by.

            He blinked a couple of times, thinking before he smirked and walked slowly into the next row. He quickly made his way towards the Princess as she walked slowly backwards into him. She gasped as he grasped her arm and turned her around with a harsh force and slammed her against the bookshelf. Her eyes were full of shock as he hovered above her, his eyes sparkling in the dim lights.

            "Who is this type KangYuna? She seems a little different from the forest," he lowered his gaze and rubbed the back of her head, feeling guilty for pushing too hard into the bookshelf. “You like playing games?”

            "I just like hide-and-seek," KangYuna smiled up at him.

            "Is there any more games you like?" Baekhyun questioned raising an eyebrow.

            "Emm…" she tapped her chin. “Playing hard to get?"

            "Ooh, I really don't like that game," he shook his head.

            "I am so good at it though!"

            "Oh, really now?" He smirked and glanced up and down her face then back into her eyes.

            "Yeah, you wanna bet?" She smirked back at him.

            "I would love too. I missed you so much," he leaned quickly and placed his lips against hers.

            It was supposed to be a quick one, but then she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him closer to her, removing any space between them. He grabbed KangYuna's face as he turned his head making the kiss deeper and passionate; the warmth spreading through his body feeling his inner warmth calling to him. His senses heightened and he knew this was his changing moment.

            KangYuna slipped her hands down and ran them up and down Baekhyun's spine as Baekhyun brought his large hands down to her hips, the gold sparkles scratching at his soft hands. She let out a small moan as he bit down onto her bottom lip. Her hands flew up to his soft hair and started tugging at the ends and it was turning Baekhyun on. He pressed his body closer to her and into the bookcase. He harder on her bottom lip begging for entrance. Finally, she gave in and his tongue explored all over her wet cavern taking dominance.

            Baekhyun let his hands travel lower and yet, he went very slowly just to ensure that he wasn’t going to make KangYuna uncomfortable with his touches but honestly at their pace, was she really going to turn him down? For all he knew and felt is that she wanted this just as badly as he did. He bent his knees as he lowered himself to grasp her smooth legs underneath her dress to lift her up to be at the same face level and with all this, KangYuna allowed herself to be hoisted up and she was quite surprised with Baekhyun’s sudden strength. Baekhyun softly nipped at her supple skin this his fingers.

            She tightly wrapped her legs around Baekhyun’s waist to keep her from slipping down but with Baekhyun’s strong arms, there was no possibility of her falling. The Princess was lost with her hands. They were scratching at Baekhyun’s back until they were running through his soft locks to them quickly moving to hold onto the side of his face for a better hold.

            The couple was lost in the kiss, lost in the love they have for each other. It was all so physical and yet, all so emotional as well. KangYuna has never felt so much love from another person before until she met Baekhyun. Both were very young and unexperienced lovers, however, in this passionate kiss, they felt very experienced.

            Suddenly, a loud crash was heard outside. They released each other with a wet pop. "What was that?" She whispered, out of breath from their long make-out session. Her arms dropped to hand loose around Baekhyun's neck. Another crash sounded and it was close by. Yelling came next.

            "What's going on?" KangYuna looked worriedly at Baekhyun and he gently set her down back. She walked out of the aisle and he followed in suit.

            "Princess? Can you hear me?" Jaehyun's voice sounded through her headset.

            "Loud and clear," she spoke, pressing her finger up to her earpiece.

            "A few drunks just crashed the ball and a fight is breaking out. Where are you? Are you safe?"

            "Yes, I’m safe. I'm up in the library," she answered.

            "Why are you in the library and not enjoying your Winter Ball?" He questioned.

            "Uhh… it was a bit noisy for me and I just felt like getting into a good book," she glanced over at Baekhyun and smiled shyly.

            "Okay, just stay in there until everything has settled down. I’ll let you know it’s safe to come back down."

            “Sounds good.”

            "What's going on?" Baekhyun asked after KangYuna put her finger down from the earpiece.

            "A fight broke out in the ballroom…"

            "Must be a little serious to hear it all the way up here," Baekhyun tilted his head to the side, confused. The sound of movement spiked up in his ears. "Wait." He gently grasped KangYuna's shoulders and moved back into the aisle. He held her against the bookcase and tilted his head to listen closely. The doors swung open and slammed against the solid walls.

            Baekhyun placed a finger up towards his lips; KangYuna looked up at him and nodded her head.

            Grunts trudged into the room. Its steps stomped and swayed out of rhythm. "Where is Princess KangYuna?" His slurred words echoed in the quiet room. As he walked, a sharp scraping noise dragged behind.

            "I know you're in here." KangYuna's eyes widen in fear. "You're just like your parents and your grandparents and all the people in your damn cursed family."

            KangYuna reached up and gripped Baekhyun's arms. He looked down at KangYuna and touched her hands telling her everything will be okay.

            The man hiccupped. "Ugh, damn family... You have done no good to this Kingdom! Keeping all the laws the same from centuries ago and have protected no one. I lost everything because of you!! AHH ARGH! You royals hold too many secrets for your own damn good. You should have died like the beasts that you are!" He pushed over a study table over. The lamp cracked, pens rolled everywhere, and papers crumbed below. "You, Princess, deserve to die and rot in hell where you belong! Come out, come out where ever you are!"

            KangYuna shook in fear and she squeezed her eyes shut wishing she wasn't here. Wishing she was in her room. Wishing her parents were downstairs for if they were here, no drunkards would even have stepped into the palace, wishing for someone to come and save them. She was also very regretful that she set away the guards in the hallway. If it wasn’t for her own desires, no one would have snuck up here.

            Baekhyun leaned down and whispered into KangYuna's ear. "I will protect you." He kissed her lips before leaving the aisle.

            "Baekhyun no!" But it was too late for he already stepped out to face whatever this man had in store for him.

            He stepped out to see a ragged yet, heavy-set middle-age man standing with a large sword in hand taken from the knight armor statue from the hallway. He laughed. "You are no Princess, young man, but you must one of them. All of the people in the palace are those nasty beasts! Now, tell me where the Princess is or I'll kill you too."

            "If you kill me, I can't tell you where she is," Baekhyun retorted.

            "I am in no place for games!" The man yelled out.

            "You, sir, are in no place to be here at all," Baekhyun, calmly pointed out.

            "ARGH!" He lifted up the sword and charged right for Baekhyun.

            Baekhyun swiftly moved off to the side as the drunken man stumbled off into the bookcase and fell to the floor with a thud.

            "We can either play a small game with that sword or we can play fair and square without it" Baekhyun shrugged his shoulders. "I like playing games, you know? But playing hard to get isn’t one of them."

            Whatever tactic Baekhyun was playing, it only angered the man more. He charged once more towards Baekhyun who once again moved off to the side.

             "Fine, you want to play fair," the man dropped the sword and placed up two of his fist up to his face. "Let's play." He ran up to place a fist in Baekhyun's face, but Baekhyun casually stepped back and dodged his fist.

            "You-you ing bastard!" He grabbed hold of Baekhyun from behind and hugged him tightly. Even Baekhyun struggled to escape his tight grip then a sharp pain shot from his side.

            Baekhyun screamed out in pain. "Baekhyun!" KangYuna came out from hiding to see a small dagger inserted deeply in Baekhyun's left side of his stomach with blood sweeping through the white shirt. Baekhyun whimpered as he gripped the man’s arm.

            "Ha-ha, there you are my Princess,” he smiled as he pulled out the dagger from Baekhyun's body. Baekhyun let out a small yelp before tumbling down to the floor.

            The old man made his way towards the Princess holding the dagger out in front of him. KangYuna raced back into the maze of bookcases in hopes to lose the psycho man, but he stayed very close behind her.

            "No please," she cried out. "Jaehyun, help!" It was no use because Jaehyun was all the way on the first floor with the orchestra and the large talkative crowd of citizens from all over the Kingdom. She had no time to lift her hand up to her ear piece since she had to hike up her dress with both hands to keep running.

            “You can’t keep running from me, Princess. I bet you don’t even know who you are!” All of sudden, her arm was tugged back and she ran into one of the bookcase. "Gotcha!" He pushed and threw himself at her as well against one of the smaller bookcase.

            The bookcase shook back and forth and began to fall forward. The man looked up in fear and let go of the princess as he ran off in fear of getting squished. The piles of books and the wooden case came crashing down bringing KangYuna down as well.

            Baekhyun grabbed a hold of the man’s leg before he ran out and swung him against the wall, knocking him out. Baekhyun slowly brought himself up placing pressure onto his open bleeding wound. He limped his way towards KangYuna. "KangYuna..."

            No sound came from underneath. He crouched down with a grunt and in his breath from the pain and lifted the wooden cases with his all his strength left. The bookcase easily lifted up and fell away from the two with a crash.

 “You're going to be one troublesome girl, huh?" He laughed and swiped away the books from her body. He calmly lifted her body up and onto his lap. "You’re going to be okay. You’re going to be okay,” I repeated to himself as he tried to stay conscious to stay by her side and in hopes to help heal her.

            The doors to the library slammed open and six guards ran into room. The room was a mess of books, pens, and paper scattered all over the front entrance and the large book cases fallen over and out of place. Jaehyun looked over to the bookcases and made eye-contact with Baekhyun for a moment before his eyes travelled down to the sight of an unconscious princess lying in this mysterious man’s lap.

            "KangYuna!" He dashed over and pushed Baekhyun away. He winced in pain, but silently watched the guard. "Wake up, oh god." Blood covered Jaehyun's hand and he trembled, but he tried to show no emotion in front of the others. He closed his eyes as his breaths came out shallow. He felt like throwing up and he knew that this was his fault.

            "It’s not KangYuna's blood," Baekhyun said, quietly. "It's mine."

            Jaehyun's eyes opened back up. "Thank the lord," he moved strands of hair away from KangYuna's face. "Someone get this guy to the medical room now! And a bath, he reeks of dog!"

            Immediately, Baekhyun was gently hoisted up onto someone's back and away to the medical room he went.

=++++++++++++++

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUNNNN! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! The Action is here and more to come!

I really have to start on my English AP  summer assignment......

BUT I"M REALLY SAD THAT YIXING IS NOT GOING TO BE IN THE COMEBACK!!!!! Like he doesn't have a teaser video or a poster in the album TT He may not be part of my top biases in EXO but he is STILL in EXO and deserves a SPOTLIGHT! #KOKOXING

For now, I'm going to bless you with a Baekhyun Winter ball look

BE BLESSED