010

2 Masks, 1 Kiss

            KangYuna began to fall more ill over the next few days. Then a month passed and then another and she still wasn’t getting better, but worse. She didn't see his light come by again and there was no more letters being received or sent. Jaehyun was keeping the palace secure as no one gets in or out to ensure the Princess or anyone else doesn't catch the illness. Bedridden, Princess KangYuna let out a couple of hot tears as she was slowly being eaten alive by the sickness she had caught.

            "How is she?" Jaehyun asked the Royal doctor as she stepped out of KangYuna's room.

            Dr. Kang removed her mask from her face and shook her head. "Not well, Jaehyun. She's getting sicker each day and medicines are barely keeping up with the virus taking over her body, she’s barely eating because after she eats, she vomits."

            Jaehyun's shoulders deflated and he stepped toward KangYuna's room but Dr. Kang stopped him. "She's very ill and no one must enter the room. No matter how strong you think you are. I’m also sure she wouldn’t want to really see you at this moment either."

            Jaehyun looked down at Dr. Kang's strong gaze and stepped back. "Thank you, Seulgi, for everything."

            "It's my duty for my Princess. I don't know what you have been doing to benefit for the Princess because your protection is a little cheap since it's not protecting her health either," She shook her head. "She needs help, Jae. Only he can help her.”

            “But he can’t.”

            “I’m not sure what to say then,” Dr. Kang walked away from the man to her office. “You either need to let your pride as side to keep her alive or continue to let her die.”

            Jaehyun lingered a bit longer before he turned back around for his rounds.

            KangYuna lay still in her bed as she felt so exhausted trying to fight her sickness. Beads of sweat trickle down to her neck and the heat boiling inside made her want to throw up. The wind blew harshly through her window and hit cold against her body.

            "Is anyone there?" KangYuna softly called out, her voice was dry and hoarse. "The window is open."

            No answer.

            "Hello?" She called again and still no answer. She sighed and slowly pushed the blankets off her hot, sweaty body. She sat up and in her breath before she actually threw up from the nausea.

            She flipped her legs over the side of the bed and stood up but ended becoming dizzy and sick and sat back down. She attempted once again but she slipped off her bed and crashed onto the floor. KangYuna whimpered and was close to tears.

            She felt like she was dying and if this was the way to die, this was the worse way; to die in pain and suffering. The wind blew again and brushed past KangYuna's face and then, a warm hand touched her.

            "My princess, what has happened to you?" Baekhyun kneeled down to the floor where KangYuna laid.

            "Baekhyun, why are you-?" She reached her hand out to his face as her eyes blurred with hot tears. “You’re not real…”

            He grabbed her hand and brought it up to his cheek. "Shh, I'm here. It’s me," he hoisted her up onto his lap and held her closely to his body.

            "What are you doing here?" KangYuna managed to squeak out from his chest. Suddenly, her throbbing headache vanished but the sickness was still there.

            "I'm going to make you feel better," he whispered. "But you have to come with me for a bit, okay?"

            "I'll go anywhere with you, I can't be sick for any longer," KangYuna pleaded and wrapped her arms around his neck.

            "You have to trust me, okay?" He said and placed his hand on her shoulder.

            "I do," she pecked his cheek and out.

            "Hey, hurry up from there!" Sehun loudly whispered from below.

            Baekhyun rolled his eyes as he released his pinch from KangYuna's pressure point and lifted her up bridal style and climbed down the winding staircase.

            "What is she doing here?" All the boys stood over Baekhyun's bed staring down at a sleeping KangYuna. She laid there covered up in blankets so that she could sweat out the sickness in her body. Her breaths continued to be shallow and harsh as she had to breathe through since her nose was clogged up.

            "Don't you understand how much trouble we will be in? We can go to jail, ah no scratch that, we will die! D.I.E. die," D.O loudly whispered.

            "But I had to... it's been months since I last seen her and I can just feel the pain she’s been feeling like I feel sick myself…" Baekhyun shuffled his feet around, doubting his actions now. "I-I..."

            "Because I said so," Suho stepped into the room. All eight boys grew silent and stepped aside for the leader to squeeze in.

            "Don't you understand that-?"

            "Of course, I understand!" Suho yelled through gritted teeth in hopes of not waking up the Princess, luckily he didn't. "You guys just don't understand it yet, but she is one special Princess."

            "How long do we have before Jaehyun finds out?" Chanyeol asked.

            "Not very long, but we must get the Princess feeling better first," Suho replied. “I thought the King and Queen would have a better mindset before banning Baekhyun from the palace.”

            Lay placed a hand on KangYuna's forehead. "She's in terrible condition, I don’t know if I can-"

            "She has to fight it herself, only time can heal and yet, we don't have much of it," Suho spoke, quietly. “You can at least help her a little, Lay. You can make some medicines and D.O can make some soup for her as well.”

            "So what should we do first?" Baekhyun questioned

            "Hide."

+++++++++

Another short one! Maybe I'll put a third one up today......

Also, thank you Kwang-Sun for being my first commenter!!!!!!