012

2 Masks, 1 Kiss

            Baekhyun put his head down; guilty of the lie he had been hiding from her.  He quickly transformed back into his human form. He knelt down on all fours in the snow as a couple tears fell from his face. “I’m sorry… that I couldn’t tell you earlier.”

            “Baekhyun…”

            “I wanted to tell you earlier, but I-I…”

            A hand grasped KangYuna’s arm and she was yanked up from her spot. Baekhyun’s head shot up and saw the look of shock on the Princess’ face.

            “I’m taking you back to the palace right now,” Jaehyun stated back in his human form. The rest of the NCT boys transformed into their human forms as well.

            KangYuna yanked her arm from his grip. “No. I’m not going back.”

            “You can’t take her back! She’s Baekhyun’s mate and you know from our own wolf conduct that you can’t separate them,” Suho stood up this time.

            “Oh yeah, watch me,” Jaehyun scoffed.

            “What the hell is a mate?” KangYuna questioned.

            “It’s a wolf thing. It’s when the moon grants us, wolves, a partner for life,” D.O responded. “It’s a very emotional and physical state for us. Emotional is, well, you hold lots of feelings for this one person you’re destined to be with and physical because you have to be with them. There’s nothing that can put them apart.”

            “That’s why Baekhyun seemed so attracted to the palace because you,” Sehun added.

            “And what Jaehyun is doing is separating you. And because you’re human that’s why you’re sick because you need to be by Baekhyun’s side,” Lay said. “And essentially, it really means you’re meant to be with each other.”

            “Guess someone needed to brush up their knowledge of their own,” Kai snickered and smirked at Jaehyun.

            KangYuna stood frozen in the snow, processing all the information just given to her.

            “I don’t have time for this. Princess, this is a royal command from the King and Queen, who are worried sick about you,” Jaehyun said through gritted teeth. “This isn’t your home.”

            KangYuna glared into Jaehyun’s eyes. “Well, I say no. They aren’t sick, I am. I have been bedridden for 2 months and I have gotten so much better in the few days I have been here than I have been at home.”

            “Well, it’s time for you to go back home and away from them,” Jaehyun reached for KangYuna’s arm again, but she pulled away.

            “Why do you talk about them so differently?”

            “Because I’m supposed to be your mate, KangYuna!”

            KangYuna softened her eyes. “What…”

            “KangYuna, for all these years at the palace, did you not realize that I had feelings for you? How attracted I was to you? The reason why I placed as your Palace Guard by your parents because they wanted us close together,” Jaehyun placed a hand on her shoulder.

            “I’m sorry that I didn’t feel the same way, Jaehyun…” KangYuna said, softly and put Jaehyun’s hand down. “But if I was your mate, I would have felt the same strong feelings that I have for Baekhyun. I think you have the wrong person…”

            “I still don’t think so and even so I have feelings for you that I can’t let go just yet,” Jaehyun avoided eye-contact and stated. “Now let’s go before they do something bad to you.”

            “Stop that! They didn’t do anything wrong and you know it. Can’t you put your pride aside for a moment and think of my well-being?”

            “I am! I’ve also been looking after you and why are you still defending them? After your mate lied to you, you can’t be them! You don’t know how dangerous and how many secrets that are hiding.”

            “What about you! You lied about being a freaking wolf!” KangYuna yelled.

            “They lied too. Don’t you know that they have powers? They’re not normal, KangYuna,” Jaehyun said. “They’re not like us.”

            “Powers?” KangYuna turned around to see all the nine boys avoiding eye-contact and looking everywhere but her. “Is this true?”

            No answer. “Is this true?!!”

            Baekhyun looked up into KangYuna’s eyes and sighed. He lifted his hand and a ball of light appeared. KangYuna gasped. It was the same light that she attracted her and guided her out to Baekhyun. Chanyeol revealed his ball of fire in his palm and quickly put it out with a swish of his hand.

            “See? They all have different powers that are all dangerous,” Doyoung said to KangYuna.

            “KangYuna that is enough, we need to go now,” Jaehyun demanded.

            “Hey, what about you? You’re hiding a pretty big secret too,” Suho shrugged his shoulders at the guard.

            “What secrets? I got none,” Jaehyun grabbed KangYuna’s wrist. “Let’s go!”

“No, I’m not going back! I’m going to die from sickness if I go back home. Why can’t you understand that?” Jaehyun dragged KangYuna through the snow as she struggled to break free from his strong grip. Baekhyun couldn’t stay silent any longer. He transformed back into a wolf and charged towards them, but Taeyong was quick pounced on Baekhyun to stop him. Baekhyun snarled and growled back at Taeyong, but struggled to get out his tight grip.

            KangYuna turned around and witness Baekhyun’s struggle. “Don’t hurt him!” Anger built up in her system and she ripped away from Jaehyun’s grip and charged toward her mate as she, herself, transform into a wolf and pounced onto Taeyong. Not realizing who was on his back, Taeyong bit onto KangYuna’s leg and tossed her away as if she were nothing. KangYuna’s body slammed against a tree and she lay lifelessly on the ground.

            At first, everyone stood there shocked to the Princess in wolf form even Jaehyun was dumbfounded. Baekhyun changed back into a human and ran towards KangYuna. “What has gotten into you?” He lifted her up and gently slapped her cheek but to no avail, she was knocked out cold.

            “She wasn’t supposed to change? Why now?” Jaehyun scratched his head.

           


KangYuna is also a WOLF ? ? ? ? ? ? WHAAAAAAAATTTT???? SHOOK!