002

2 Masks, 1 Kiss

            "Yes and I plan on participating in the ball myself," KangYuna spoke to the council with confidence. She was going to get a masquerade ball and she is definitely going to fulfill her fantasies by being it. Why host a party and not participate in it?

            The council gave wary looks to one another.  The council was made up of the King, Queen, although not present at the moment, the Princess, the ten town council representatives from each city of Daehan Kingdom, the head Palace Guard (Jaehyun), and the Palace Headmaster.

            "Now each person if you have something to say, may speak now or forever hold your peace.” KangYuna said.

            Jaehyun was the first to speak. "I took the time to think over the possible strategies of mapping out security plans and I would just like to mention that security will be very high and on top of the game the night of the ball for the many masked citizens and even if all goes well, we will still be on our tip-toes. Also, I will call some guards from the Mingook Kingdom for extra backup."

            "And I will have the announcements given to the town representatives to be passed around the Kingdom as soon as I can," the Palace Headmaster, Bae Joohyun, added. “I’m in the talks with the printing company as we speak.”

            No one else spoke and KangYuna decided that the meeting was over and dismissed everyone. Everyone stood up just as KangYuna was getting up and gracefully bowed as she left the room and followed by, as usual, Jaehyun. Right as she left the conference room, she jumped up and down in joy.

            "Aren't you excited?" KangYuna gripped onto Jaehyun's arms. She smiled brightly.

            "Yes, I am, Princess," Jaehyun said as monotonously as he could and walked next to the princess to her quarters.

            "Yah~ Jung Jaehyun!" KangYuna whined and pulled at the older male’s arm.

            "Guard Jung Jaehyun, here at your request," he responded with a bow.

            "Well, I guess you will forever stay formal with me," KangYuna pouted.

            "Princess block-head, I will always be formal with you," he teased with a laugh.

            "Aye, now that's just rude," KangYuna let out a giggle. “But honorifically formal.”

            They continued on in the hallway in silence. When they finally arrived in front of the door of KangYuna’s room, KangYuna slipped her hand down from Jaehyun's arm, trying to hide the red tinge on her face.

            "Hmm... do you want to help me prepare for the ball next week?" She looked down, almost nervous to ask such as simple request.

            "I don't know... I'm kind of busy..." Jaehyun shuffled his feet with a slight bit of sarcasm laced in his voice.

            "John to Jae, I got everything covered please continue with the Princess."

            "Johnny Seo, you're dead to me," he cursed under his breath.

            "That's what happens when the one of the young ones becomes leader," Taeil laughed.

            "Aye, stop playing hard to get and just stand by the window," KangYuna poked Jaehyun's shoulder. "For a 24 year old, you're such a child."

            "For a 22-year-old, you're pretty needy."

            "Touché," KangYuna snapped her fingers and pulled Jaehyun inside. KangYuna sat down at her study, while Jaehyun stood on "guard" towards the window.

            "Hmm... what should the color scheme be? The colors should be elegant since Masquerades are pretty fancy," KangYuna beamed as she scribbled the note down on a piece of paper. “You know I’ve been only to a couple masquerades in my life.”

            "I do know and, maybe, you should-" Jaehyun started, but got cut off mid-sentence.

            "Ooh! How about black and gold and red; my favorite colors!"

            "That's a nic-"

            "Ooh, that means I should be wearing a dress that matches it! Ugh, this is so perfect! Thanks for being a big help, Jaehyun!"

            "Uhh... No problem, Princess. But I believe if you want to blend in with the citizens, you should keep a black and gold theme and wear a red dress and a matching mask just so it's not obvious that you knew the theme beforehand," Jaehyun suggested as he scanned the bright, outside world. He tapped his fingers against the window sill.

            "That is GENUIS!"

            A tree below shook with great force as if someone were trying to knock it down. A couple more shook, shadows sweeping through the dense forest below. They were too close to the palace to Jaehyun liking. It was like a 7th sense was kicking in, skip the 6th sense, a whole new level was popping up. Jaehyun growled, but then started to cough to cover it up. He looked back at KangYuna who seemed too indulge with which types of Gold ribbon should be hung around the columns outside the palace.

            "Princess, I must go out a make my rounds around the palace," Jaehyun bowed, apologetically.

            "I thought rounds were made a couple hours before the meeting?"

            "I just want to make sure everyone is safe and check a few things here and there."

            "Oh, okay. Be safe," KangYuna waved her hand and with that Jaehyun left the room with haste.

            "Jae calling to all of NCT."

            "Tae. Over."

            "John. Over."

            "TY. Over."

            "Yu. Over."

            "Do. Over."

            "Min. Over."

            "Another disturbance below the West side," Jae reported. “You know where to go.”

            "Oh come on! What do they want?" Min scratched at his head as he headed toward the meeting area.

            "Maybe we can figure out," Jae chuckled as they ran down the stairs and into the center of the palace.

            "Um, I don't like the sound of that..." TY said.

            The center of the palace was the usual place NCT always met up at. It was the easiest area to access the four different entrances; North Entrance, East Entrance, West Entrance, and South Entrance.

            "What's going on?" Do questioned as all seven men gather in the center.

            "Same company from last night," Jae said with his hands on his hips.

            "What do you think they want?" Tae questioned the group.

            "They seem to just be hanging about the palace grounds," Yu responded.

            "Yeah, but just 'hanging' about private grounds is a bit suspicious, especially, royal grounds," John pointed out. “They must be outsiders or something. No one would dare to enter the boundaries unless they didn’t know and most people that are against the royal family wouldn’t dare enter either.”

            "So what's the plan, big boss?" Min placed a hand on Jae's shoulder.

            Jae tapped his foot on the ground. "We’ll do another secure check around the West entran-"

            "AHHHHH!"

            "The Princess!" Jae immediately made a mad dash towards the KangYuna's room. He pressed hard into his earpiece. "Min, follow me to the Princess and the rest go to the West entrance and search the area. Calling to all guards on duty be on guard, especially on the West entrance, there has been a disturbance with the outer parts of the palace. The Princess has been disturbed!"

            One by one all the guards around the palace stiffened up and their senses sharpened as they mentally and physically prepared for any danger. Jae ran up the large staircase within seconds and down the west corridor down to the Princess' quarters. He prayed silently that KangYuna was safe in her room.

            Jae pushed out the double doors with full force that they slammed against the walls, while Min followed closely behind. KangYuna was on the floor and pressed herself against the wall in terror. She looked up to see Jaehyun rushing in and she quickly climbed up to her feet and ran in the safety of Jaehyun's arms. Min searched around the room for any signs of danger.

            "What happened?" He held her tight in his embrace and checked her for any injuries.

            "I-I went to go close the window because it got really windy when...when this large animal jumped up in front of the window," KangYuna sobbed.

            'KangYuna's room is nearly 50 feet off the ground how could one possibly-’ it then clicked in his head. He pressed a finger against his earpiece. "Princess is safe. Please return to your quarters."

            "Jae, we haven't found-"

            "I said leave it."

            "Yes sir."

            "It’s okay KangYuna. Everything will be alright," Jaehyun rubbed KangYuna's back in small circles as her sobs slowly went silent.

++++++++++++++

So I decided to put up the second chapter because I felt the first one wasn't enough as a starter LOL......

However, I ALSO feel that this second chapter isn't enough either SO I will put up the third one up!

The third one is a really good starter before I leave and not return until I have finished up everything~ Please be patient and I love you all!