006

2 Masks, 1 Kiss

           

            For the past few weeks, Baekhyun and KangYuna haven’t been able to meet due to her needing to stay strictly in the palace for royal duties as she puts it. Baekhyun was, of course, very understanding since he couldn’t imagine what actual work went on when being royalty. It may just look like sitting on the throne and being pretty, but it’s actually a lot of political work. The big downside that was getting to her was she hadn’t gotten the chance to tell Baekhyun about the winter ball.

            "Princess, watch where you aim! As you Royal Guard, Min, I need to stay alive," Min warned KangYuna as she shot another arrow at the target, missed, and nearly decapitated him.

            KangYuna laughed. "Sorry, I have really bad aim today."

            "Out of all the days we're out here, you have bad aim today? Makes no sense, Princess," he shook his head in disbelief.

            "Your nickname makes no sense, Min!" KangYuna rolled her eyes.

            "Hey, that is a great nickname for me," he retorted.

            "It's just a shorten version of your real name, Mark. I prefer to call you Mark and your name isn’t even that long to pronounce either so you could have just kept it as Mark. Plus, you're not on duty with NCT right now so you don't have to use that nickname, especially, around me."

            "Watching you is a duty, commanded from Jang Jaehyun himself."

            KangYuna rolled her eyes once more before aiming and shooting her arrow again. It misses and shoots somewhere in the forest. Mark was about to go to search for it, but KangYuna stopped him from proceeding.

            "I'll go get it," KangYuna started striding towards the open forest.

            "Woah-ho Princess, I can't let you do that," Mark shook his head and held back the Princess.

            "Mark, it's only a few feet away and you'll still be able to see me," she said and shrugged off his arm and replaces it with her bow. “If I need help, I’ll call you. Now, stay put.”

            It was a bright sunny fall afternoon. The sun shined through the branches making it easier to see unlike at night. KangYuna found her arrow lodged in a tree and pulled it out with a grunt.

            SNAP!

            KangYuna whipped her head around to see a large wolf stand before her. She slammed herself into the tree behind her in shock. She fumbled with her bow until she finally slipped the arrow in her bow and pointed it towards the beast. The lone wolf did nothing, but stand tall and stare back at her. The wolf was quite stunning to look at though. His fur was black with snippets of tan, gray, and white that peeked underneath the black. White fur covered the sides of his snout as his ridge was patched with gray and tan. He took another step forward.

            "No, stay back!"  She pulled back the arrow further.

            But he stepped forward again and bowed his head as if he acknowledged her royal presence. KangYuna relaxed her bow and released herself from the tree. The wolf continued to look down at the ground as she moved herself forward toward him. She laid a gentle hand down on the wolf's head and patted it lightly. The wolf snuggled his head into the palm of her hand. She giggled and brought the wolf's face up to her own and he her cheek causing KangYuna to laugh again.

            "You're cute, you know?" She looked into the Wolf's eyes as they glowed with joy and excitement. The wolf's tail wagged as a black letter flapped in the air from the sudden force. She walked over and untied the letter from its tail. KangYuna flipped open the flap.

            I’m sorry I can't come see you right away, Princess. I still can’t, but don’t be too sad. I’m sure you must be very busy as well.  I wish I can go see you…

- BBH

            "Oh, I miss you too, Baekhyun. I wish I knew what you were up to…”

            The wolf whimpered a little and she gently petted the wolf’s head. “I also wish I had a pen and paper to write back... what do I do? I wish you could come back..." KangYuna pouted her lips. The wolf nudged up against her leg. "Wait, do you understand me?"

            The Wolf nodded its head. "Totally not freaking out right now that you can understand me… But I want you to come back her at the eleven-hundred. Ooh, I hope you can tell time too."

            "Princess KangYuna!"

            "What?" KangYuna turned her head towards Mark’s concerned voice as she saw him walking towards her.

            "Who were you talking to?" He trudged over to her side.

            "Arrows have feelings too, you know," and with that, she walked off back to the palace walls. "Come on now. Breakfast is served at ten-hundred and we can't be late to that. I am quite famished."

 

            After breakfast, KangYuna rushed to write her letter to Baekhyun. Eleven-hundred struck the clock and she quickly made her escape to the forest. She took one foot out of the palace when someone stopped her.

            "Where are you going, Princess?" Jaehyun questioned, stepping out the door, hands in his pocket.

            KangYuna sighed heavily through her nose and hid the letter behind her back. "I think I left my lucky arrow in the clearing from earlier this morning."

            "I'll go with you," he smiled.

            "No, it's okay!" KangYuna, harshly, said. "I mean I can do it, it's not that far."

            "I know, Princess, but just in-"

            "Jaehyun, this is Palace boundaries and no one is allowed to be within these boundaries, so there is nothing to harm me. Don't you trust me?"

            "I do, but-"

            "Head Palace Guard Jung Jaehyun!" KangYuna called him, angrily. She’s so fed up with bring them being so overprotective of her. She is capable of protecting her and she is capable of doing things on her own. For sure, if something were to happen, the wolf Baekhyun had sent may be able to protect her.

            "Head Palace Guard Jung Jaehyun" he stood at attention.

            "You stay put right there and I'm going out there by myself. If I scream in terror, come get me and if I don't, don't move and that is an order." And with that, KangYuna scurried off to the clearing and there sat, patiently, was the large wolf.

            "Sorry I took so long, boy," she squatted down and patted the wolf's silk fur. "My bodyguard worries too much about me. Plus if something did happen, I'm sure you'll protect me, right?" She had always underestimated how big wolves were. Wolves were always thought to be the size of a regular large size dog, but they were a lot larger and with KangYuna being only 5 feet tall, he seemed to be the size of a bear.

 

            The wolf snuggled himself in her arms in response. “That’s my boy~ Jaehyun can be a pain in the sometimes.”

            The wolf growled at the mention of Jaehyun’s name. “Oh! Do you not like Jaehyun?”

            The wolf shook his head. “Aw, don’t worry he won’t hurt me and I promise you that. I have to go really soon so here's the letter. You have to, HAVE TO make sure Baekhyun gets this," KangYuna tied the letter on the wolf's front right leg and stood up. “It’s really important.”

            “Good luck,” she planted a kiss on top of his head and he went running off in the distance.

            "Look I'm back in one piece," KangYuna stated as she walked out the clearing.

            "Whatever," Jaehyun scoffed. He never liked when KangYuna would use her royal status to get what she wants. She doesn’t do it all the time but times when Jaehyun is being stubborn, she must whip it out. "Where's that ‘lucky’ arrow of yours?"

            "Right here," She lifted up the slit in her skirt to reveal the arrow tucked in her leg holster.

            "Yah, that’s scandalous," he quickly pulled her skirt down. "Let's go inside before we both catch a cold.

 

            "Hey, where's the milk?" Lay opened the fridge to find it empty of milk. "I can't eat my cereal without milk! That's not how it works!”

            The front door suddenly pushed open. Lay looked over the kitchen counter to see no one walk through. He walked around with curiosity striking him and to his surprise, a large wolf had made his presence in the living room.

            He jumped back with a yelp. "Lay, are you okay?" D.O came running out of his room.

            "BYUN BAEKHYUN!" Lay yelled. "Don't you ever let that thing in like that with saying anything! You scared the Chinese out of me."

            Baekhyun laughed and untied the letter. "I'm sorry but when I have an important duty, I have to use him. And shouldn’t you be used to him?"

            Lay left murmuring, angrily, to himself in Chinese. Baekhyun mimicked him silently and then burst out laughing.

            "What's up with the letter?" D.O asked taking a sip from the cup he was holding.      "It's from the Princess," Baekhyun replied with a smile. Baekhyun flipped open the white piece of paper. D.O peered over Baekhyun's shoulder to get a better view of the handwritten note.

            I miss you a lot, Baekhyun! However, we can see each other. That time will be in two weeks for I am having my Winter Ball and everyone in the kingdom is invited, but I wanted to personally give you an invitation. I better see you there to make up the time you have been gone~

- CKY

P.S. You may also take this as a personal invitation for your brothers too! Also your wolf is really cute~

            D.O laughed. "If only she knew!"

            "Yeah," Baekhyun sighed. "But I can't wait for the ball."

            “Sounds like a date with royalty,” D.O cooed.

            “You’re being very embarrassing right now.”

            "Maybe, I'll take the invite for the ball too. Hopefully, I can find the one as well," D.O finished off his cup in one shot. "Ugh, Suho needs to buy more milk from town."

-----------------------------------

Author's note Aug 11, 2019:

I went to Day6's Concert yesterday and I'm going through Post-concert depression again T~T I thought I would hate my seat because I bought my ticket a week before and there was only 20 seats left so I just chose the seat that seemed okay which was like the the last seat ( it was a row of 4) on the 2nd floor of the very last top row, right infront of the door. I was kinda squished against a wall/column thing and it was at an okay angle of the stage. I got a decent view of all the members EXCEPT Wonpil. He was hidden my the stage stage screen, but the screen had like holes so I could almost see him (???).

The TWO things that made me not regret my seat is that after the encore and they were all dressed in their concert merch, they got off the stage and RAN THRU THE VENUE AND JAE (MY BIAS) AND WONPIL RAN THROUGH MY SECTION ESPECIALLY JAE WHO LITERALLY WALKED RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME TWICE!!!

that's all. thanks for attending my TEDTALK