016

2 Masks, 1 Kiss

            “Did you have a nice sleep, Princess?” Suho bowed as she stepped out the bathroom after freshening herself up. Thankfully, Dr. Kang had packed a spare outfit for her and other necessities she may need. It’s always interesting when Dr. Kang just knows what may happen and is always prepared for it.

            “Yes, I did. Thank you,” KangYuna smiled.

            “Is Baekhyun still sleeping?”

            “Yeah, I didn’t want to wake him from his slumber,” KangYuna really didn’t want to wake Baekhyun up. He looked so peaceful when he slept that it would break her heart to wake him up. As well as they did go to sleep very late.

            “Ah, I see. Baekhyun is like an angel sleeping, but is a devil disguised as a puppy when he’s awake,” he laughed. He noticed KangYuna’s worried expression after mentioning the devil. “I apologize, I didn’t mean devil in a bad way. He’s just very mischievous, annoying, and loud. Like said, he’s very much like a puppy.”

            KangYuna giggled. “I can tell. He whimpers a little before he falls asleep and then sometimes in his sleep.”

“Definitely a puppy for you, Princess,” Suho chuckled. “Would you like some hot chocolate? The rest of the boys don’t usually wake up this early but they probably won’t for a while since we went to bed at 4 in the morning so we can relax and talk for a bit before chaos erupts.”

            “I would gladly take a cup.”

            They relaxed themselves in the dining room; the room dimly lit with a gray hue from the sky as the outside world was clouded in white. KangYuna slowly brought the hot mug to her lips and took a small sip, attempting to not burn her entire tongue off.

            “So how do you feel about this whole wolf thing? Are you still confused or worried?” Suho started.

            KangYuna set down her cup and tapped her cold fingers against the burning porcelain. “Hmm, I’m not quite sure yet. I am a bit shocked, but I’m not sure why I feel not so surprised.”

            “Maybe it’s the little wolf already inside of you,” he joked.

            “I guess… how did you know?”

            “When you are gifted as Guardian Angel, you can see everything,” he smiled as KangYuna giggled. “Real talk though, there was something that just wasn’t human about you. It may also be because of your family.

            They may have kept it a secret from the whole kingdom, even from the wolf packs but Baekhyun’s parents knew about them. Plus, I think when you’re made alpha, you get a bigger sense of leadership and the better ability to sense things.”

            “You’re a good man, you know?”

            “Me? I’m not sure; I do the best I can even after being abandoned from my own pack. Sometimes you just have to adjust well into your surroundings”

            “Your… parents abandoned you?” KangYuna covered in shock and sadness immediately filled her eyes.

            “Not exactly… they kind of…”

            “You don’t have to tell me if you feel uncomfortable,” KangYuna put a hand on Suho’s.

            “It’s okay. It is a touchy subject but I think it’s time for me to be open about it. Nothing is good when you keep things bottled up inside,” he gently pushed her hand back. “I guess they did abandon me because of my powers. They thought I was cursed although; I never did anything bad with them besides carry the water in spheres from the river and had it follow me back to the village from the well. It scared the other villagers but I did no harm.

            They left me in the woods and told me to not follow them or they’ll kill me. Of course, they weren’t actually going to kill me if I followed them back but I knew better and obeyed anyway. I could tell my mother was heartbroken and so was I. It was all for the best though! I felt like I was drifting in water and most people may think it’s when you’re lost, but I thought of it as a time for growth and free to explore wherever I drift.

I wandered the woods for days when Baekhyun’s parents found me and took me under their wing.”

            “Baekhyun’s parents?”

            “Yes, Mr. and Mrs. Byun; they’re a lovely couple. It’s hard to believe that Baekhyun and I are only a year a part, ha-ha. He was delighted to know that he had an older brother or just someone else who was like him with powers. They named me Alpha of the pack for me being their only oldest wolf as of then and I did turn out to be the largest wolf of all of them. They also granted me my nickname Suho. Now I welcome everyone under my wings like the Guardian Angel I am.”

            “What’s your real name?”

            “Kim Joonmyeon.”

            “How did you meet the others?”

            “Baekhyun’s parents. It was hard to really know what they were up to since they had their own secrets but it seem like they were out to find others like us. It was like they knew we existed. A lot of us were also abandoned by our packs so they just took us in. However, it wasn’t always the nine of us. There were three others, but were taken away from us by other wolves. We don’t know where they are or if they are still alive.”

            “I’m sorry to hear that,” KangYuna took another sip from her mug.

            “No need. Now that it’s just the nine of us, we are doing just fine. We’re a lot closer too. After all our struggle of getting so much hate to then losing three close friends, the bond between us strengthened.”

            “So this is technically Baekhyun’s house? Where are his parents now?”

            Suho nodded. “All of it is his. We used to travel a lot moving place to place because no one wanted us. We even tried living in China and still no luck trying to find a place to stay. However, everywhere we went, we found new member to add to the pack. Baekhyun’s parents left a long while back when all of us came together as nine; they witness the three taken away. Mr. and Mrs. Byun didn’t leave because of them, they left because we were old enough to be our own pack and now we all have each other’s back because out there… there’s no one like us.”

            “I really have no words,” KangYuna rubbed both her cheeks with her finger tips. “You guys are so amazing and I don’t understand why anyone would call you monsters.”

            “Thank you, Princess,” he bowed his head. “Now we just hide out and hope that no one figures out who and what we are.”

            “You know, Baekhyun told me about how you know so much of this mate thing… is it too early to know about that?”

            “Oh…” he looked off to the side.

            “It’s okay if you can’t. Again, I don’t want to push you into telling me,” KangYuna said.

            “I think it’s best if we have everyone know so maybe another time. I promise. Thank you for being so understanding Princess.”

            “I just have one more questions if that’s okay?”

            “Of course, you have the right to know things,” Suho nodded his head.

            “So with this whole mate things… You guys say it’s all emotional and physical and how the moon practically forces two people together,” KangYuna started. “How do I know if Baekhyun truly loves me, or even likes me for all that matters. How do I know he isn’t just falling for me because some mystical being is holding him to love me?”

            “It’s hard to topic to wrap around. I like to think of it as the Moon pushes us to meet with who we are destined to be with and it’s our job to work our way up to loving that person. I also feel as though she’s there to confirm our feelings.”

            “But Baekhyun and I practically kissed when we first met and I didn’t even know what he looked like.”

            “Well that was more on you Princess since you kissed him so at least there was the first step in being attracted to each other. You guys continued to meet each other after learning who you both were. You learned about each other and became close friends and soon fell for each other.

It’s a different situation for everyone as you see with Jaehyun and Dr. Kang, they’re relationship is off to a rough start and it could be possibly that they love someone else. Who knows though? The Moon isn’t going to directly tell who our mates are. We meet them by accident. Baekhyun actually told me that at that night of the ball, he met and saw other attractive girls whether their masks were on or off but when he saw you, he couldn’t help be more enlightened by the way you carried yourself.

How I see it is that Baekhyun does indeed truly love you.”

            “Ugh, why are you guys up so early?” Baekhyun groaned and then yawned as he leaned against the wall and scratched his head.

            KangYuna and Suho exchanged before they shared a small chuckle. KangYuna stood up from her seat as she walked over to where Baekhyun slouched with his eyes half-closed. When she stood right in front of him, he instantly put his hands on her hips as she tip-toed up to kiss the tip of his nose. “Good afternoon.”

            He closed his eyes all the way and sighed at the sound of her voice and the softness and warmth of her lips on his skin. He opened them back up and smiled. “Good afternoon, Princess.”

            He grabbed her hand and pushed her toward the living room. KangYuna turned around and bowed her head towards Suho who did the same to her. Baekhyun took her to a small area in the home that was surrounded by all windows. The snow lightly hit the side of the home as it fell from the sky. Contrary to how the room looked, she thought it’d be freezing cold in the room, but it was quite warm.

            “This room is amazing,” KangYuna spun in circles looking up at the sky above her, watching the snowflakes pile up on the clear glass. “I haven’t seen anything like it. I wish we had a room like this in the palace.”

            Baekhyun laughed as he leaned against one of the windows. KangYuna stopped spinning as she reached the middle and turned towards Baekhyun, laughing as well. This is an image that Baekhyun may never stop picturing in his head. Seeing KangYuna so bright and bubbly with love filling in her eyes. The fact that she fell in love for him as all he could ask for.

            Baekhyun lifted himself up from the window and walked towards her. He grabbed her hand once more and pulled her close to him and swayed side to side and began striding across the room. They danced around the room until the silent music stopped and everything was still again.

            “You’re so-“

            “Incredible?” Baekhyun tapped her nose as they both leaned against a window.

            “Yes, very incredible,” she smiled.

            “My mom used to tell me that all that time,” he looked out into the distant at the snow covered land.

            “You must miss your parents.”

            “I do and yet, they left at a good time in my life.”

            “When was that?” She recalled Suho mentioning that they became their own pack when Baekhyun’s parents left.

            “I was 20 then and with having all the EXO boys with me, it made everything seem alright for them to let us be on our own.”

            “EXO? What is that?”

            “Ah, it comes from exoplanet which is an unknown planet from outer space or something like that. It was more used like an insult from within the wolves towards us since we are so different, but now we use to name ourselves to let everyone know that we are different and we have no shame,” Baekhyun put his forehead against the cold window.

            KangYuna put a gentle hand on his arm. “At least everything is better now, right? You have a home to stay in with a big family.”

            “I always felt like my parents always had a place to stay in at every area they traveled to and so far this is one is my favorite,” he finally looked away from the window and at KangYuna. “You have to return home too.”

            “I know but you saw what had happened… I can’t cross,” KangYuna drew shapes on the window.

            Baekhyun sighed. “Do you want to go outside?”

 

            “Baekhyun, it’s so cold outside,” KangYuna shook. “Why must we come out here?”

            “I love the snow, Princess!” He pranced around. “It’s so thrilling to be surrounded in this marshmallow world.”

            “That’s because you have wolf fur hidden underneath that thick skin of yours keeping you warm,” KangYuna pointed out.

            “Oh come on,” he wrapped an arm around KangYuna’s waist and brought her underneath his cloak. They trudged through the deep snow towards the boundary line.

            “It’s not going to work, Baekhyun,” KangYuna pouted her lips as she already felt the force keeping her back. It was like two magnets as the positive sides refused to connect.

            “Sure, it will. Maybe, you need to try one more time,” Baekhyun suggested with a nod of his head.

            “I guess…” KangYuna sighed. She took a deep breath and walked right into the invisible wall again.

            She fell back from the force, but Baekhyun was there to catch her in time. However, his foot sunk into the snow and they were both pushed by gravity passed the wall.

            “Are you okay, Princess,” Baekhyun had his arm underneath KangYuna’s head and the other rubbing the side of her cheek.

            “Yes, I’m fine. What about you?” She held onto his arm.

            “I’m good,” he slowly started to stand up and helped KangYuna stand as well.

            “Wait… we’re across the boundary, Baekhyun!”

            “What, how is that possible?”

            “I think it’s you? I don’t think I can cross without you,” KangYuna said.
            Baekhyun rolled his eyes thinking KangYuna was being cheesy and walked back across the boundary first.

            “AHH!” Baekhyun turned around to see KangYuna on the ground gripping her head, tightly. A strong, head-bursting headache had formed and KangYuna felt like the whole thing was going to explode to pieces.

            “Hey, hey I’m here. I’m right here KangYuna,” he ran back past the boundary back to her. He lifted her face up to his as he examined her face. The fear in her eyes reflected in his eyes. “Breathe… slowly breathe.”

            She sniffled and breathed heavily. “I don’t think you can leave me out here either.”

            Baekhyun grabbed her head and tucked it closed his chest. His heart was racing as he was also having trouble breathing. Seeing her in so much pain, and in that short amount of time, scared him to death. “Let’s go back inside.”        

            “The moon is playing some really tricky stuff on us,” Baekhyun laughed trying to lighten up the mood.

            They walked slowly and stopped in front of the door. “Well, at least, she gave me a gorgeous boy.”

            “We haven’t exactly specified anything between each other and I want to be more than just termed as a boy. So why not I be your boyfriend and you can be my girlfriend?”

            KangYuna flushed red. “I think I like being your princess better.”

            “So does that make me your prince?” He smirked.

            “Ha-ha, not so fast, mister,” Jaehyun folded his arms, walking up towards the couple.

            “Jaehyun, stop being so prissy about it,” Dr. Kang slapped his arm. “Princess, are you ready to return? You’re parents are expecting you to come back with us today.”

            KangYuna nodded. “We figured out how I would be able to cross the line.”

            “Really, how?” Dr. Kang clapped her hands.

            “Well, I’m not too sure how everyone is going to like it… it’s just…”

            “I have to come with her,” Baekhyun spilled.

            “No and I won’t allow it. I’m also sure that the King and Queen are expecting only one returner.”

            “Jaehyun, there’s no other option for her,” Baekhyun stepped up. “She will get sick again!”

            “You can guide her, but then you must go,” he raised his voice.

            “Can’t you keep your voices down? Geez, can’t you get along already?” D.O rolled his eyes as he stood in front of the open door and glared at everyone besides the Princess.

            “See? I like you, sir. Moon, why did you curse me with an idiot?” Dr. Kang rolled her eyes as well.

            “Like Baekhyun said, there’s no other option. She goes out, she might die,” D.O said. His face was very strained and you can tell he was very upset. “So up it and accept what others had already accepted.”

            “Do you want to see what happens when I leave her out there?! When I stepped back in the boundary of the house, she immediately fell to her knees in pain and once I stepped out there with her again, she was no longer in pain,” Baekhyun explained. “I have to go to with her and stay with her.”

            “Curse, the moon for definitely making you mates,” Jaehyun muttered. “Fine, fine! Just go grab your things and let’s leave soon.”

            KangYuna and Baekhyun quickly made their way into the home and up to Baekhyun’s room to pack.

            “Well, you might as well come in. You’re letting in the cold air,” D.O said and stepped back inside, letting Dr. Kang and Jaehyun inside as well. D.O walked straight into the kitchen making a cup of water and gulping it down.

            “Wow, I heard everything. What’s gotten in you?” Kai nudged his best friend.

            D.O let out a frustrated sigh. “I don’t know, but his attitude ing .”

            “I think it’s more than his attitude,” Kai laughed. “I thought you always hated Baekhyun.”

            “I dislike him. I dislike Chanyeol more. Besides that he’s annoying, for sure and yet, I can’t hate him after all his parents has done for me and my family,” D.O leaned against the counter. “He deserves a lot and I hate how that hotshot wolf guard thinks he can be the boss of Baekhyun when KangYuna has a big say in everything. It’s also, unfair to his mate who is standing right next to him.”

            “Do you think his mate cares? Dr. Kang also always seems to be in a prissy mood,” Kai pointed out.

            “That’s because of Jaehyun. I’ve seen her with KangYuna and everyone else. She’s really nice and actually a quite peaceful girl. I talked to her too when we were helping KangYuna transform.”

            “I see where this is going,” Kai nodded his head, getting suddenly jittery.

            “What do you mean? Why are you getting excited all of a sudden?”

            “You like Dr. Kang, don’t you?”

            D.O scoffed. “How could I? I’ve only met her twice, I can’t possibly like her. You know what? Whatever, no one deserves bad treatment, especially, from an like him.”

            “He’s not always an either, you know?” KangYuna smirked.

            “Princess, I apologize for my rude behavior,” D.O bowed.

            “Ay, don’t worry about it. He just has a really big and hard heart. He’s tough but a big softy. He cares, definitely, but the fact that this happened without him or anyone telling him, he’s just ticked. It was all for his own good,” KangYuna said. “However, he really is being an and I’m tired of it too.”

            “Princess, let’s go!” Jaehyun yelled.

            KangYuna rolled her eyes. “As you can see, this is why I must to pull out the ‘I have more power than you’ card on him.”

Baekhyun stood by the kitchen entrance with his bag on his back. “Ready?”

            “I’ll see you guys soon,” Baekhyun waved to all 8 boys before turning around and walking out into the forest with KangYuna.

            They walked for some time before they stopped. “I think we’ll get back to the palace faster if we change.”

            “Aw, Jaehyun is tired. Poor you,” Dr. Kang pouted his lips at Jaehyun. Jaehyun shook his head and transformed into his wolf form and ran off.

            “Well, let’s be on our way,” Dr. Kang changed as well.

            “Princess, do you mind taking my bag? It shouldn’t be too heavy,” KangYuna nodded and took it from him. He transformed and nudged KangYuna with his head.

            “Okay, okay, let’s go,” KangYuna started walking off on the trail, but Baekhyun ran in front of her and stopped her. “What?”

            He nudged her again. “Do not want me to walk?” He nodded his head. “How am I supposed to get to the Palace if I can’t walk?”

            He whimpered and nudged her again. “Do you want me to ride on your back?” He lifted up his head and panted excitedly. He nodded his head. “Okay, big boy.”

            Baekhyun lowered himself as she climbed on top and held on tightly. He started walking slowly but then built up speed and soon they were running off in the distance.

 

 


Yay!! She finally gets to return back to the palace~ and with Baekhyun!! 

Sadly, this story is coming to an end soon.