019 [FINAL]

2 Masks, 1 Kiss

            “Did you hear Princess KangYuna is getting married?”

            “Married to whom? When was this? When did she meet someone?”

            “Not sure… Rumor has it that they’ve been together for a while now. I’m sure he was some country boy that she met.”

            “Ay, I’m sure he has a good background. Everyone knows that royalty only marry people that come from well off families.”

            Rumors and then finally the confirmation of the wedding papers went flying around the whole kingdom like wildfire, catching everyone’s attention. Which spiked up the businesses around dying to get the Palace Headmaster’s attention begging her to hire them for the wedding whether it be her wedding cake, food, her dress, or decorations.

            The palace was also in a craze. Everyone was shocked when Baekhyun proposed with approval from the King to Baekhyun finally ‘graduating from Prince-in-the-making school. Also EXO becoming official guards of the Palace for the soon-to-be Prince.

            “It’s been 700 days now. You think you got this?”

            “Never been more ready in my life except when I ate cucumbers, gross.”

            She rolled her eyes. “Don’t mess this up, Byun.”

            “I won’t. I promise and if I don’t, I think Princess KangYuna will be the one to kill me and then no one is getting married.”

            “Be glad I’m starting to like you,” Joohyun shook her head. “Alright, go out there and show them who you are! Show them that you are made to be Prince of Daehan. He’s ready.”

            “Ladies and Gentlemen of Daehan Kingdom, please welcome Byun Baekhyun, the newly found Prince of Daehan!”

            Baekhyun took a deep breath and stepped out onto the red carpet and down the middle to where the thrones sat and walked down the aisle. The citizens went a bit wild out their new ruler and whispers flooded the room.

            “Oh my, he went to the market a lot on the weekends with that really tall handsome guy!”

            “No way, he went to my mom’s cheese shop. I thought he was really cute.”

“He must be from a well off family for the amount of milk they purchase from my father.”

            “Gosh, Princess KangYuna really snagged a good one.”

            “He’s so handsome.”

            Baekhyun couldn’t help but blush at all the women’s comments about him. He wasn’t really used to all the attention (besides, the attention EXO and KangYuna gave him). He finally made his way to the podium. He took another breath before speaking as the ribbon around his neck seemed to tighten.

            “Hello, ladies and gentlemen of Daehan. I am Byun Baekhyun and it is very nice to finally come out and talk to everyone. I’ve been in the palace for almost two years and not being able to go out into the village to buy groceries was a bit difficult to get used to. You must be a bit shocked to hear of the Princess’ marriage in such short notice and, especially, that it’s me who she’s marrying. Me, a country boy, that anyone rarely sees except in the village market with a friend. It is quite very shocking.” Everyone in the audience nodded their heads to how much they actually have seen him in the village.

            “I must tell you that like I have said, I have been in the palace for two years, however, I’ve known the Princess for much longer and I hope you don’t mistake that we are getting married too soon or if this was arranged. I do truly love the Princess with all my heart and I would never want to let her go, but of course because marrying the King’s only daughter is risky business.” The citizens laughed as well as the staff of the palace. Baekhyun continued on his long speech to people as the room filled with laughs, tears, and more joyful smiles. Baekhyun had officially captured the hearts of the people.

            “I think I’ve said enough for today and I hope the citizens of Daehan will welcome me as their Prince of Daehan. Thank you.”

            Baekhyun stepped down from the podium and exhaled. He tapped his heart a couple times before finally calming down. He closed his eyes when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned back to see Changkyun.

            “Congratulations, you really deserve it,” he said and turned back to his post as guard.

            “Let’s get this wedding started,” Joohyun smiled.

            The EXO boys lined up behind Baekhyun as his best men sporting the same styled outfits as Baekhyun with a black coats and silver chains falling around the shoulders. While the girls on KangYuna’s side included Dr. Kang, Joohyun, Joy, and Yeri, who wore light pink dresses.

            “Don’t be so nervous,” the Queen KangYuna’s long hair.

            “How can I not be nervous? What if he says ‘I don’t’ instead of ‘I do’?” KangYuna paced around her room. “What if something goes wrong?”

            “Honey, calm down. Baekhyun is not going to say no. He loves you so much and I can tell that it’s not just the whole wolf mate thing. He loves you for who you are as a person and he loves that you love him seeing past the fact that he could be a disastrous monster alongside his pack members,” the Queen said.

            “Mom, don’t say things like that!” KangYuna yelled.

            “I’m just joking. Now, we have to go out before we are late to your own wedding.”

            Two knocks sounded through the room. “We’re ready for the Princess’s arrival.”

            KangYuna and the Queen looked at each other before embracing. They both walked out her room and into the hallway where the King was waiting. KangYuna smiled as she locked arms with her father and began walking down the stairs. The citizens and everyone else remained quiet as they watched the Princess pass down them. Her dress was slimmed down to show-off her figure and then flowed out around her feet. It was nothing too fancy, just a casual white silk dress. The Orchestra in the background played elegantly which each step she took down the aisle towards her groom.

            Baekhyun couldn’t help and hide his face from his blushing face and then began to shed a couple tears at the sight of his bride. She was glowing in his eyes like an angel. He quickly wiped them away as she stood in front of him.

“Baekhyun, you’re crying,” KangYuna cupped his cheek.

He nodded and sniffled. “You’re just so beautiful.”

            The King placed a hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder before hugging him. “Thank you for being the light in my daughter’s life. Please take care of her well and you shall soon rule this Kingdom as yours.”

            Baekhyun bowed his head as the King walked away to his seat to the side where the Queen sat. He turned to KangYuna. “God, you’re so beautiful.”

            “And you truly look like a prince,” KangYuna blushed as Baekhyun wore the same material white silk shirt underneath his black coat which the silver chains fell over his shoulders and jingled every time he wiggled around. 

            The priest got up on the podium and went onto his spiel before the famous lines finally appeared.

            “You are now wedded as husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.”            

            Baekhyun cupped KangYuna’s cheeks as he pulled her into him and she complied. The crowd cheered and applauded for the new wedded couple.

            “Hey, are you guys enjoying the party?” KangYuna asked the EXO boys who were dining on the meal that had been served.

            “Yes, we are. Congratulations again on your marriage.”

            “Where’s D.O?” Baekhyun asked.

            “Oh, he’s over there hitting it off with Dr. Kang,” Kai laughed. “I think the moon got it wrong.”

            “So you’re saying that D.O and Dr. Kang are mates?” KangYuna’s eyes widen.

            “Yep and they both know it too,” he said and they all watched D.O stand up and offer Dr. Kang to dance with him.

            “Ah, young love at its finest,” Chanyeol grinned. “Poor Jaehyun though. Rejected by the Princess and now rejected by a doctor… geez.”

            The night came to an end and what is a better way to end it together than a fire. The King, Queen, Princess, Prince, the EXO members, Joohyun, Dr. Kang and even the NTC Guards were out on the patio enjoying the summer night sky outside.

            “May I say something?” Suho’s voice squeaked a bit. Everyone turned and looked at him.

            “Go ahead, Suho,” the Queen said.

            “Thank you. I just want to get this off my shoulders. I know some of us may not be as close as I wish but at least, you know, we know something about me as time goes by and we can learn to…”

            “To get closer,” Baekhyun finished for Suho.

            “Yes, thank you. It’s hard to explain. Anyway, I’ve been putting it off for such a long time and everyone has always questioned me why I’ve known so much about the wolf mating process,” everyone’s, especially the EXO member’s ears perked up. “As some of the EXO members know, I didn’t always live with Baekhyun and his parents. I did at first but they thought I was mature enough to live on my own so that’s what I did. After a year of living with them, they let me out on my own. Um… so in the moment of living alone, a lone wolf came creeping inside and it turned out to be a female wolf and she was hurt so I helped her heal back to health for a couple days. She was a pretty straight-forward girl and told me that I reek of the mating scent and then I told her she reeked of it as well. We started off as friends and got to know each other before I truly fell in love with her even though she seemed to be the very opposite of me. I’ve been living alone for three years and that’s how long I’ve been seeing her. Later, I came to notice that she wasn’t coming over as much anymore and I also been wandering around the forest or going to visit Baekhyun and the first 3 members that were in the pack.”

            Suho took a moment to think what happened next, although, he remembered every detail like it was yesterday; it was still hard to process out loud. “You know I thought we were really in love. I was young and she was young as well. Soon enough, I learned that she was actually seeing someone else and her mother, a prophet, had said we weren’t meant to be and that the moon had gotten it wrong, which is rare, but it does happen.

I still really loved her and I kept asking and following her around if she ever did love me but she kept denying and rejecting me. One day, I went to go find her and I found her… dead; killed by the guy she was mates with. After that, I really thought that maybe I wasn’t mature enough. I still wasn’t sure how to control my powers either and so I moved back to Baekhyun’s house. We found the rest of our members and I could never have felt more loved in my entire life than being with them.”

            “That was a beautiful story,” the Queen showed Suho a small smile. “You have grown to be such an amazing man and a strong leader for your pack.”

            “Thank you, your majesty,” Suho wiped away a couple tears that had fallen and rolled down his face.

            “Aw,” Lay stood up from his seat and hugged Suho.

            “Group hug!” Chanyeol yelled and embraced Suho and Lay with his large arms and soon, everyone was struggling to get a good fit in the hug.

            “I think it’s time that everyone goes inside. We guards have a duty to fulfill and make rounds around the palace,” Jaehyun announced.

            Everyone bid each other goodnight as they headed back inside the palace for rest after a big day.

           

            “Ah, we finally get to sleep in bed together after being in the palace for so long,” Baekhyun sighed and snuggled up closer with KangYuna. KangYuna had wrapped her arms around Baekhyun and moved her head more into the crook of his neck.

            “Did you really miss me that much? KangYuna giggled.

            Baekhyun planted a kiss on her neck and sighed. “It’s been two years, honey! You know as a wolf who has a totally hot and cute mate, I can’t control myself.”

            “Oh and what’s that’s supposed to mean?” She smiled as he pushed her closer to him with his hands. She looked up at him and he leaned down to mold their lips together.

            “You know,” he breathed out after parting from the kiss. “There’s this thing…”

            KangYuna nipped at his lips again and waited for his answer. He couldn’t look at her face without losing it, especially when she was kissing him like this, so he fell back into the crook of her neck and kissed it again. “Wolves and their mates have to be fully bonded to be together forever and the only way is to… have s-”

            KangYuna pushed him off of her and smashed her lips on his before he said another word.

            “I know. Don’t say anything else…” she kissed the side of his lips. “Chanyeol is very big blabber mouth sometimes.”

            “Dammit,” Baekhyun cursed.

            “I love you more than anything else in this world, Baekhyun,” she spoke softly, almost seductively which turned him on more. She kissed him more and he was quick to respond. “Show me… show me how to love you forever.”


      

WAHHHH!! Final has come to end~ I feel like I've been ending my fanfics on a 'cliff-hanger' like they've ending when they are about to have ...... Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this fanfic as much as I did.

On a greater note, EXO's comeback is LIIIITTT!! KoKoBop is seriously such a good song! I think my favorite is Going Crazy, how about you?

UPDATE 11/30/18:

Hey!!! I'm soooo bored~ None of my the stories I'm reading by other author's are being updated :((((( So I started reading this story and I didn't realize how mich I actually like it. I remember when I wrote this it was just kind of a random and quickly written fanfic uhmmmmmm buuuutt idk. Anyway, after reading it, I decide to edit a little here and there to all the chapters to make a little better and yet, I'm sure there's still a bunch of errors. WHATEVER I like it and I don't care~

ALSOOOO Here is a Groom/Prince Baekhyun look~~~ AHHHH SO GORGEOUSSSSSS

  UPDATE 082919:

Finally finished editing. I actually kind of got lazy near the end of this and really kept it the same without much change lol.... my Korea trip is coming to an end and I'm honestly ready to leave for home I'M SO HOME SICK!!!

Anyway, editing this, I was hoping to get an idea to write something new again but I feel I'm still stuck in writer's block.

WELP! Thanks for reading again!!