014

2 Masks, 1 Kiss

            “It’s been six hours and nothing has happened!” Mark groaned as he plopped onto the couch. “How long did it take you to change?” Mark questioned Jaehyun.

            Jaehyun ruffled his hair. “Ten minutes. When you’re meant to change, it’s easier.”

            “On average, it takes a newly around an hour or less. Six hours is a bit much,” Suho tapped his foot. He let out a rough huff and leaned against the window pane. He’s helped train toddlers to train but never someone who was already of age and already have been matched with a mate. It was all so mind boggling for all of them.

            KangYuna whimpered and placed her head onto Baekhyun’s lap as she closed her eyes. “Aw, don’t cry, KangYuna. Maybe, you’ll like being a wolf like me. It’s fun being able to run at very high speeds and have the wind run through your fur!”

            “I want to be me though, Baekhyun.”

            “I know, I know, but you can’t really hide who you are,” Baekhyun said. “And I would hate to have to turn you into a wolf myself someday but that is for emergency uses only!”

            Seulgi suddenly came out from the kitchen with D.O following close behind. The two had been in the kitchen for a bit discussing about the situation. Everyone was busying being in the moment of the situation while Seulgi felt too suffocated with everyone’s “what are we going to?” to really think. D.O decided to help relieve some of the stress with her. “I have an idea!”

            “What is it?” Baekhyun questioned the doctor. “Will it help her change faster?”

            “I have a hunch but it actually requires for me and KangYuna to be a lone,” she said.

            “There’s an empty room up the stairs, down the hall and on the left,” D.O said. “It’s a bit far but it should you give some privacy and time.”

            “Perfect. Come, Princess,” Seulgi already started her way to the room as KangYuna slowly made her way down the couch.

            “So what’s the plan?”

            “Well, I think-”

            CRASH! “I TOLD YOU NOT TO TOUCH IT!”

            Seulgi and KangYuna both exchanged looks before quickly heading out to the room and down the stairs to witness a vase was shattered on the floor and both groups of men staring down at each other.

            “Well, who told you to touch me?” Baekhyun yelled at Jaehyun as he crossed his arms and attempted to puff out his chest to seem bigger.

            “Do I need to ask?” Jaehyun scoffed as he rolled his eyes.

            “Oh yeah, d-do you want to fight m-me?” Baekhyun put up a couple fist in front of him and bounced back and forth. He pressed his lips in a firm lips and blinked multiple times as if he unsure of his decision.

            “Yeah, I want to fight!” Jaehyun yelled and turned in to a wolf.

            “Not fair,” Baekhyun muttered and turned into a wolf as Jaehyun lunged at Baekhyun.

            “HEY, YOU BIG IDIOTS! KangYuna charged at the two and pushed Jaehyun over as they both hit the wall. “How dare you? Jaehyun, I can’t believe you would try to hurt Baekhyun!”

            “KangYuna-”

            “No, I thought we went through this? You can’t go hurting others and-“

            “KangYuna, listen to yourself!” Jaehyun yelled over her voice. “You’re talking.”

            “Yeah, I am and so?” KangYuna put her hands on her hips. Jaehyun leaned his head forward trying to give KangYuna a hint. “I’m talking… Oh my god, I’m talking!”

            She glanced down to see a pair of human legs and human arms. She closed her eyes as she smiled and hugged herself. “Oh thank you, thank you!”

            “I knew it worked. She started out trying to stop fights and still ended trying to stop fights,” D.O smiled.

            “So this was all a set-up?” KangYuna questioned.

            “Yeah, it was that guy’s idea,” Seulgi pointed to D.O. “And who knew that Jaehyun and Baekhyun were such horrible actors.”

            “Boy, how are you going to take on a fight when you stutter like that?” Chanyeol poked Baekhyun’s side.

            “I was nervous, okay,” Baekhyun pouted. “It still worked though…”

            “I think it’s a defense mode KangYuna has,” Taeyong mentioned. “She turned into a wolf defending someone and she turn back into a human when she broke up the fight.”

            “I guess that makes some sense,” Chen nodded.

            “You know that’s a pretty epic way to transform,” Mark laughed. “Princess by peace, wolf by fight, yeah~~~~ Sounds like a fairytale!”

            Taeyong sharply in air through gritted teeth and lifted up a hand as if to hit Mark. Mark flinched right away. “You’re so weird.”

            “So what now?” Sehun questioned. “We finally transformed the Princess back but what happens now?”

            “I still have a duty to fulfill and that’s to take KangYuna back to the palace,” Jaehyun shuffled his feet.

            “I don’t want to go, however, I do have a duty as a princess as well to fulfill and we all know that we can’t really stop the King and Queen,” KangYuna sighed. “They might send the entire military out for me.”

            “It’s dark outside though and the night will only get colder… The palace is actually pretty far too,” Baekhyun said. “Will you guys manage well?”

            “If we leave now, we will be back at the palace by sunrise,” Seulgi said as she put her backpack on her back.

            “Does it really take that long to get here?” KangYuna questioned. “I feel bad that you had to travel so far, Baekhyun.”

            Baekhyun shook his head. “It takes that long when you’re walking on two human legs. When you have another set of legs and a turbo boost, the distance is minimized.”

            “Princess, we must get going,” Seulgi spoke once more as she walked out the door. KangYuna glanced over at Baekhyun.

            Baekhyun nodded at her and followed the NCT guards, Dr. Kang, and KangYuna outside. “How long will you be gone? I’m not sure how long you will stay well for.”

            “Hopefully, not for too long,” KangYuna smiled.

            “Here, take this,” Baekhyun wrapped around a cloak around KangYuna’s shoulders and tied off the ribbon around her neck. He lifted up the hood over her head but it ended up covering her eyes since it was so big. “I don’t use it often since I’m usually in wolf form outside the house so you can have it for the mean time.”

            KangYuna wrapped the very large cloak around her body. It smelled like Baekhyun and the warmth from Baekhyun remained on it as it also warmed her up in this cold night. Baekhyun leaned down and kissed the top of her head.

            “Princess, you ready to take your leave?” Mark questioned lending out his hand to lead her to the path into the woods where the others were waiting in their wolf forms.

            KangYuna nodded and took Mark’s hand as he helped her trek through the snow. Besides Jaehyun, KangYuna was also very close with Mark since they were the same age. “Please watch your step.”

            As they reached the path, KangYuna turned around to wave one last time to Baekhyun who still waited in front of the home. Mark was the first to step out into the woods and waited for KangYuna to step out next. Satisfied with Baekhyun’s goodbye wave, she stepped out but to only bounce back in. She fell back into the snow with the tiny ice crystals crunching below her and immediately freezing up the palms of her hands.

            “Ouch…” she rubbed her head. It was as if she ran into some sort of wall.

            “Princess, are you alright?” Mark asked as he helped her back up.

            “Yeah, I don’t know what happened,” she held his hand as she crossed the line again to only be pushed back into the house boundary.

            Baekhyun squinted at the sight he was seeing. “Su-Suho? Suho, you need to come out now!”

            Suho rushed outside and witnessed KangYuna bouncing back inside the home. “This is a bit of a problem.”

            The two both ran over to the struggling Princess. “Why can’t she cross?”

            “I guess the Moon goddess is playing tricks on us,” Suho laughed but slowly fell into silence when no one else was laughing with him.

            “What is that supposed to mean?” KangYuna looked at Baekhyun.

            “Remember that the moon grants us a mate? Well, sometimes she makes things happen and that further proves that we are very much destined to be with each other,” Suho explained. “Such as keeping you bound to our house in order for you to stay by Baekhyun’s side.”

            “Being a mate is a very physical thing. More physical than emotional in my opinion,” Doyoung said and crossed his arms.

            “So what am I supposed to do now?” KangYuna held Baekhyun’s arm for more warmth. He unconsciously wrapped an arm around her and held her tighter.

            “I guess the only option is to wait it out till tomorrow,” Dr. Kang suggested. “We can head back first and come back.”

            “You’re suggesting for her to stay the night?” Jaehyun folded his arms in disbelief.

            “It’s not like she was already here for three days,” Dr. Kang slapped the back of his head.

            “She was sleeping.”

            “It’s literally the same thing. I’ll talk to the King and Queen myself. Now, let’s go home,” Dr. Kang changed and nudged Jaehyun down the path with her head.

            “Jaehyun’s mate is a scary one,” Baekhyun whispered to KangYuna.

            “She is a very strong-headed woman,” KangYuna confirmed. “As goes for her best friend, which is my Head Palacemaster.”

            “So… I guess you’re staying now?”

            “I guess so,” KangYuna laughed.