018

2 Masks, 1 Kiss

          “Of course, he’s still sleeping.” He shook his head in disappointment.

            “Should we wake him?”

            “Maybe we should let him sleep.” They looked at each other then laughed.

            “No, I think we should wake him up.”

            “I could shock him.”

            “Or blow a tornado around him!”

            “No, you can’t hurt him like that,” the tall one pouted. “He must be tired from all his training.”

            “You can you guys be any noisier?” Baekhyun ruffled his hair as he sat up, frustrated with all the noises.

            “Yes, we can,” Sehun winked at Baekhyun.

            “Man, you got it really nice here. How long has it been since you left? A week? Two?” Chanyeol looked at the grand room around him.

            “Yeah, his bed can fit all of us,” Kai jumped onto the king size bed with Baekhyun who was still wrapped in his blanket.

            “What the hell are you guys doing here?” Baekhyun questioned.

            “Hey, watch the language! You’re going to be a prince,” Suho said.

            Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “Shouldn’t you guys be at home or something?”

            “Actually, this is our home now,” D.O folded his arms.

            Baekhyun’s eyes widened, waking even more. “What? You’re going to live here with me?”

            “Why do you sound upset?” Lay lowered his eyes at him.

            “I’m quite excited actually, but how did this happen?”

            “Well, Dr. Kang came by yesterday saying that the King and Queen would like us to stay at the palace with you and train to be your Palace Guards!” Xiumin clapped his hands together.

            “That’s so-“

            “Knock, knock,” KangYuna came into the room with a tray full of drinks. Sehun immediately ran over and took the tray from her hands. “Oh, thank you. Sorry to intrude, I heard from Mark that you guys were coming to the palace for a visit.”

            “Yeah, for a long visit,” Suho nodded his head.

            “What was that?” KangYuna tilted her head to the side.

            “We’re going to become Baekhyun’s Palace Guards,” D.O responded.

            KangYuna’s face lit up. “Are you serious? That’s amazing! Congratulations.”

            KangYuna continued talking to the other boy and talking about their plans at the palace. Baekhyun coughed attempting to get the attention of his girlfriend. Everyone looked over at Baekhyun and chuckled.

            “I guess someone can’t handle being ignored for a couple minutes,” Chen whispered to the Princess.

            “Ha-ha, I guess so,” KangYuna walked over to Baekhyun, who still sat on the bed under the covers. She leaned down and kissed his lips. “Good morning, sleepy-head. I knew you would still be sleeping in seeing from your sleepy, droopy eyes.”          

            Baekhyun cupped the side of her face and kissed her again. “Good morning.”

            “Gosh, you guys are so gross,” Kai rolled his eyes.

            “Who said for you to watch?” Baekhyun questioned, harshly.

            “Anyway, training starts today for us,” Lay mentioned. “I’m not sure whether to be scared or excited. I’m a bit both.”

            “Jaehyun is a great teacher and the other NCT guards are as well. You guys will do great and please don’t mind Jaehyun’s attitude,” KangYuna said. “I promise he’ll start warming up to you guys soon.”

            “Has your relationship with Jaehyun gotten better?” D.O asked.

            KangYuna thought for a moment. “I’m not sure, but he’s been a bit off lately. I’m not sure what it is. I haven’t actually seen much of Dr. Kang either…”

            “Interesting…” Suho nodded his head slowly.

            “Do you think they’re finally accepting that they’re meant to be together?” Chanyeol asked.

            “I don’t know. I feel like they’ve been also been distant from each other too. I’ve tried talking to her sometimes because since I’ve gotten sick, I’m having a check-up every now and then. She doesn’t want to talk about it but she says she’s just not feeling it.”

            “Yeah, when Dr. Kang came over, she said she wasn’t thinking too much of it because it just doesn’t feel right for her,” D.O mentioned.

            “But anyway, it seems that Baekhyun is living for this whole royalty thing,” Sehun chuckled planting himself at the edge of the bed.

            Baekhyun sighed. “Do I really have to do this whole Prince training? It’s so difficult to memorize things.”

            KangYuna laughed. “Baekhyun, how else are you supposed to run a whole kingdom with me? And that’s the only way Father is also going to like you and more if you can talk politics and royalty stuff with him. If you can’t, he’ll find you boring and inadequate for the crown.”

            Baekhyun sighed again and lay back down on the pillow. “But Bae Joohyun is so… scary. She’s so smart and she can fight! A combination that can’t be any more terrifying.”

            KangYuna burst out in laughter. “Sorry but Joohyun? Joohyun is scary? She’s the sweetest person I know! You got to be kidding me.” She just shook her head. “I have to go. Get up and get ready for training please.”

            Baekhyun sat back up once KangYuna left the room. “So where are you guys staying?”

            “With NCT and where the other guards’ rooms are, which is downstairs,” Lay answered.

            “You have it good, Byun. The rooms downstairs are like our rooms at home, pretty small. Your room can fit an entire family,” Chanyeol expressed with his large arms.

            “It does fit a whole family; us,” Xiumin said.

            “Alright, alright, we should leave. Johnny wants us out by 11-hundred sharp for training,” Suho mentioned.

            “See you later, Mr. Prince-in-training,” Kai wiggled his fingers at the older male.

            Baekhyun groaned and fell back again against his pillow.

 

            “No, no, Baekhyun! Try doing it slowly again!”

            Baekhyun cleared his throat. “The royal policy shows a person of dignity and prosperity. If…if…”

            Joohyun face-palmed herself and sighed. “Maybe, we’ll try something else that you won’t get wrong. Can you dance?”

            “Of course, I can! How do you think I attracted the Princess?” Baekhyun smiled, cheekily.

            Joohyun growled. “Watch it.”

            “Ha-ha, don’t be so harsh on him, Joohyun,” KangYuna giggled and walked over to them. “And don’t be so cheeky either, Baek.”

            “I’m sorry,” Baekhyun put his head down.

            Joohyun bowed. “I apologize, your majesty. Mr. Byun hasn’t been able to get the royal policy down yet.”

            “Joohyun, it’s been few days since he started the memorization. Please give him a bit of break,” KangYuna petted Baekhyun’s head. “It’s a quite long policy.”

            “You learned in a day,” Joohyun pointed out.

            “Very true, but it’s not like he hears it every single day of his life.”       

            “Fair enough, “Joohyun folded her arms. “Well, are you going to show us your moves?”

            “Don’t mind if I do,” Baekhyun bowed and lent out a hand to KangYuna, who gladly accepted him.

            He kept her and himself at a respectful distance that was very royal-like. He wanted her closer but just to show-off to the Palace Mistress, he controlled himself. They glided elegantly across the ballroom floor to the soundless music that only the two of the can hear.

            Finally when the music stopped, both their feet came to a halt as well. “I’ve been meaning to ask where you learned such dance moves.”

            Baekhyun smiled at the Princess. “You would never guess, but Lay used to be royalty as well.”

            “No way, that’s… wow.”

            “Yep, he used to prince of his pack back in China but when everyone learned of his powers, they didn’t want a King with such devil-like powers. He parents didn’t let him go so easily. They knew of his powers and yet, they still loved him and wanted him to take the crown.”

            “But Lay has the power of healing. There’s no evil meaning to healing.”

            “Well, for all the citizens knew is that he had powers and that wasn’t normal.”

            Joohyun cleared after their conversation died out. “You were good.”

            Baekhyun bowed his head. “Thank you.”

            “I think that’s enough for today. I’ll let you off free today but tomorrow, you wait,” Joohyun left on her way to other palace duties waiting to be finished.

            “So… you busy?” Baekhyun asked KangYuna, holding her very close to his body finally.

            “Hmm… I don’t think so,” KangYuna tapped her chin.

            “Great because you can hang out with me all day then,” he leaned down and put forehead against hers.

            “I can show you around the palace. I don’t think you had a proper look around,” KangYuna tapped Baekhyun’s nose.

            “Sounds wonderful,” he pecked KangYuna’s lips.

           

            “This is the rooftop. I like to come out here sometimes when it’s really nice, but it’s been snowing a lot lately so I prefer the library for some peace and quiet and warmth.”

            “Wow,” Baekhyun looked around at the view of the kingdom around him. “I don’t know how you live like this.”

            “Me either. I’m still very surprised by a lot of things,” KangYuna laughed.

            “I just can’t believe that I’m going to rule a kingdom…” he took KangYuna’s hand in his. “Especially with you as my Queen.”

            KangYuna flushed red. “Oh stop it.”

            Baekhyun pulled her close to him and pressed his lips against hers. She placed her hands on his cheeks and pulled him even closer if that was possible due to how flushed against each other they already were.

                       

            “Dude, is it search-for-a-mate season already? Because you reek of it,” Kai nudged his best friend as he ripped off his sweaty shirt. The two just came back from training and were prepping for bed.

            “What are you talking about? I don’t smell. Do I?” D.O sniffed himself and shrugged his shoulders. “It could be just my sweat.”

            “You definitely smell bad. That means they’re close,” Kai tapped his head with his finger. “That means they’re in the palace.”

            “Shut up,” D.O slapped Kai’s bare stomach. “You’re delusional.”

            D.O then began to strip off his shirt when a knock sounded through the room. “Come on.”

            “Oh, Dr. Kang?” D.O scrambled to pull his shirt back down but Kai stood undeterred by the female’s appearance.

            She peeked her head in. “Sorry if I’m interrupted your rest time. I just heard that someone got hurt while training today.” She held out a metal try with ointment and bandages.

            “Sehun is the one that got hurt. He’s actually next door,” D.O answered.

            “Ah okay,” Dr. Kang shyly smiled. “Thank you and have a good night.”

            She left with the door clicking behind her. Kai turned to D.O with a smug look. “What?”

            “So? Dr. Kang?”

            “Go take a shower, you stink,” D.O threw his towel at his friend.


 

One more chapter left!!!!! 

WHO IS READY FOR EXO"S COMEBACK!!!!!! KOKOBOP