Chapter 2 : The Verse #1

Ode of The Black Knight

As usual, the Hall of Juilliard Music School is picturing the morning business of the schools. There are many students are walking inside their buildings. The winter Season is the most hated period by the students. The snowflakes are dropping elegantly to the yard of the campus. There is a feminine figure that deeply stares the view from the wide window of the school building. The face of the figure clearly depicts the coldness and gloomy atmosphere of the winter season.
From behind there is a tall woman figure that excitedly walks to the standing feminine figure.
“Hey Jung, what are you doing there standing like ice statue?” states the tall figure as soon as she stands next to the silent woman.
“Go away and mind your own business, Choi” states the girl coldly, as cold as the outside’s temperature.
“Wohoo.. hold on, don’t be so gloomy..you look so scary, I know the weather is not sunny, but can you just smile?” asks the tall figure.
“Don’t you remember what day is today, Choi?” replies the Jung in sad tone.
The tall girl knits her temple in deep confusion. The girl tries her best to find the answer.
“OH…I’m sorry Jung I forget. Can you just moved on and continue your life well? I’m sure Eric will be sad if he sees you in this condition.. it’s been 2 years that guy left us” states the tall girl calmly. She pats the other girl’s shoulder lightly.
“I know it’s been 2 years since the accident, but I cannot easily forget the time when I saw with my own eyes, the one I dear the most was dying because he tried to save me, if you are in my position what will you do Choi Sooyoung..huh? WHAT WILL YOU DO?” states the girl in high tone.
The girl’s tears are streaming down slowly, she feels hard to breathe all of sudden. The scary event flashes on her mind. 


Flashback:


It was snowy night, new york was busy in welcoming the Christmas.  There were 2 figures were walking hand in hand and shared joy. They were laughing and teasing each other. The petite guy, Eric encircled his arm on the girl’s shoulder, he tried to give warmth to the beloved one.
 “Let’s grab some baguette and hot chocolate before I send you home, princess” stated the guy warmly.
“Nice idea, let’s go” responded the girl.
The music students were heading to their usual café near the Juilliard complex. Once the two were done in ordering the menus, the two sat on the corner of the café. Eric put his violin next to the tables.
“How’s your preparation for the competition in Vienna next month, princess?” asked the guy while caressed the hand.
“The professor really put our out in pain. As soon as I finished my classes, he asked us to bring our instruments to the practice hall.. God, fortunately the Christmas is coming. He gave us a week break before we head to Vienna next two weeks. I’m sorry for ignoring you for the past days” stated the girl in guilty tone.
“No, it’s fine. You’re our school ace after all. As a good boyfriend I’ll try my best to be understanding one..don’t worry. Just don’t too much in pushing yourself, eat well, sleep well.. keep your condition in healthy one. I don’t want to see my princess here sick, okay?” stated the guy attentively.
“Ah I almost forgot, Here’s a gift for you, I bought you Daffodils.. people say it’s the symbol of good fortune” stated Eric while gave his girlfriend a daffodil inside a clear crystal ball.
“Alright captain, I’ll do everything you told me just now…and waaa thanks for the gift, I like it much..it’s pretty” responded the girl in delighted.
“Glad if you like it, princess” replied the Kim’s twin.
“Anyway how’s uncle and auntie Kim?” asked the girl.
“They’re good. They say they are missing you, Miss Jung. It seems I have to bring you home and let them share their dinner with you” answered the guy.
“I will be glad to do that, Eric Kim.. how about we make it tomorrow? I miss to have chat with your dearest twin sister too” said the girlfriend.
“I will tell them, ah and about my sister..she currently is busy in solving the case, a big one. Haha, I don’t know why that midget is interested in tailing people and endanger her life..she says that it’s a satisfaction when she is succeed in bringing those criminals to the jail” said Eric.
“Haha, she’s totally an opposite with you, Eric-ssi. I can’t believe the fact that you guys are twin siblings” teased the Jung.
“Finish your baguette and I will send you home” stated the guy in oh so pissed tone.
“A-are you angry, Eric oppa?” asked Jung worriedly.
“No”replies Eric shortly.
At the end the two went home. On their way back home, secretly there were 2 men in black entailing the two. 
“I’ve been followed that Kim, boss and we will execute her life” stated the one of the men to the phone.
Eric and Jessica’s houses are next to each other’s.  When the two were nearer to the Jung’s house, Jessica told her boyfriend something in low voice.
“Oppa, don’t turn your back. I feel that the 2 men are tailing us” whispered Jessica.
The two continued the steps and arrived in front of The Jung’s house. Eric noticed that the two men were holding weapons, Eric spontaneously protected his girlfriend and everything went black for him.
 The man directly shoot the gun and in short time Eric’s body was laid in front of shocked Jessica.
“OPPA..” shouted the girl in dolphin scream.
The two men were quickens their steps away leaving the site. Jessica couldn’t process since the event happened so fast. All she could notice that the two men wore a jacket that has red dragon sign on the arm area.
“Call Erika now, tell her to be careful.. she’s home” stated Eric in dying tone.
Eric coughed blood, the men shoot him on the heart. In a minute, he closed his eyes forever.
“ERIC OPPA PLEASE SURVIVE” shouted Jessica in tears.
The girl ran to the Kim’s house and told everything.


Flashback End.


“Calm down, sica-yah” states the tall figure.
“H-how can I calm myself? I lost my boyfriend who I dear the most Choi Sooyoung” states The Jung in sad tone.
“Now calm your emotion down. After the class I’ll drive you to the Kims’ graveyards” says Sooyoung.
“Because of me, The Kims are dead.. because of me..” trails Jessica in cracked voice.


After the death of Eric, the strange things keep happened to the Kim family, they received terror and threats that told the member of the family to stop the investigation regarding to International Drug Networks. A month after Eric’s death, Mr.and Mrs.Kim got an car accident and their car was falling to the steep canyon.
After the remaining family member of The Kim finished the parents’ funeral, the person lost like a dust. It makes Jessica feels guilty for the rest of her life.


If I didn’t ask Eric to have walk with me that night, the things wouldn’t be happened. Where are you now, Erika Kim?” states Jessica sadly inside her mind.


For the rest of the day, Jessica sinks in the deep sadness. She couldn’t concentrate on her project as last year students. In few days she will have her graduation ceremony.


AFTER THE SCHOOL.


Sooyoung already waiting for the friend in the Juilliad’s parking area.
“Oi Miss Jung, don’t crumple your beautiful face like that, Eric and his parents will be sad if they see you in that expression. Smile brightly. Let’s go” states Sooyoung cheerfully.
“Let’s go to the florist first. I want to bring flowers for the Kims” replies Jessica in better tone.
“Sure, get on the car” says Sooyoung.
The red BMW passes the quiet road of NYC, slowly the car enters the quiet side of the town. Sooyoung parks her car in front of the graveyard complex. The two enter the graveyard and arrives at the Kims. It was Jessica the first who speak. Sooyoung silently stands behind her.
“Hello, Oppa.. It’s me your princess. How are you there?” asks Jessica calmly.
“Today is your 2nd year leaving this world. You know I miss you a lot, Oppa” adds Jessica.
“Are you happy with Auntie and Uncle there?” asks Jessica in deep emotion.
Sooyoung sadly watches the interaction, she wipes her tears.
“Ah oppa, here I bring you the flower you gave me that night. It’s beautiful, right?” states Jessica, the girl tries her best to smile when she puts the flower on top of Eric’s stone.
“It’s true that you said Daffodil symbolizes good fortune. I won the competition in Vienna. Our campus got the best performer. Unfortunately you weren’t there to see me got the trophy.. Oppa why are you so cruel? That should be me the one who got shoot, not you” states Jessica. The girl falls on her knees and couldn’t hold her tears anymore. 
Sooyoung stays still and let her friend cries the emotion out. After few minutes, the tall girl hands her clean handkerchief to the crying Jessica.
“Here, wipe your tears with this” states Sooyoung.
Jessica obediently follows the advice, she takes the handkerchief.

Dont you know that daffodil also symbolized the death, sica yah? the medieval european believes that if your gaze caused the daffodil to droop it's an omen of impending death? Eric wanted to tell goodbye and hope you to live your life in good way, full of hope and fortunes to you that night by giving the flower -SY 


“Thanks, Soo..” replies Jessica.
Done with the boyfriend’s stone, the two head to the parents’ stones.
“Hello Auntie and Uncle. It’s me Jessica, sorry for not being here for too long. How are you there? I hope you two are always happy” states Jessica.
“I’m sorry, because of me you lost Eric, your kind son.. I’m sorry I can’t be a good girlfriend for your son.. I deserve to be punished, Auntie..Uncle. I also cannot be a good sister for Erika. Please forgive me, Auntie and Uncle.. I’m so useless and bring misfortune to your family” apologies Jessica.
“I’ll try my best to find Erika no matter what happen.. I promise, Auntie.. I’m woman on my words uncle..trust me..I’ll do my best, so when the time is coming for me I won’t be shamed in facing you” adds Jeesica emotionally.
Once the two finished their prayers, the two left the graveyard and drove back to NYC.
“Rest well sica. You’ll have your graduation in few days. Don’t be sick. Call me if you need any helps” states Sooyoung before she left Jessica’s apartment.


Jessica stays alone in NYC. After her high school graduation, the girl decided to leave Korea and studied in the US. She met Eric in the Juilliard. The two were joining the school’s orchestra group. Eric was a genius violist while Jessica was a master in playing the cello. The two decided to date when the two hit the 2nd semester in Juilliard. Jessica loved Eric and the same thing also did by Eric.
Jessica walks inside her apartment, after she showered herself the girl headed to the kitchen. Jessica takes a bottle of wine from the rack. That night she spent the night by playing the sad song and let herself get wasted in liquors.


WHERE ARE YOU ERIKA KIM?- JS.


The cold Jung passed out because of the liquors, at the end the girl slept on the fluffy rug in front of the TV. The Bottle and The glass were messily laid next to her spot. The Jung held the gift given by her boyfriend on her hand, The Daffodil in Crystal Ball.

 

A/N :
Hello everyone, here is the second chapter for you.
Thanks for reading and subscribing this story. Thanks to fadismdy for the upvote. Don’t forget to stay subscribe and leave some comments/ feedback for this story’s betterment.
Jagga_Nim is out.