Chapter 10 : The Verse #9

Ode of The Black Knight

Once Yoona and the father left the restaurant, the lavish car runs on the Seoul’s busy road. During the ride to their home, Yoona stays silent. Her mind is occupied by one certain person, Kim Taeyeon the black knight. Being a sensible man, Im Jeong Il tries to catch his daughter’s attention by clearing his throat.
“Are you okay, Yoong?” asks the old man.
“U-Uh.. Yes dad, I’m okay” replies Yoona a bit stuttered.
“Are you sure, princess? I saw you were daydreaming minutes ago” states Im Jeong Il.
“Haha, nothing dad. Really, I’m okay..trust me” fakes Yoona.
“Ok then.. where should we go? I have free time for today” asks the father.
“It’s better we visit mom’s graveyard Dad, it’s been a while..I miss her so bad” states Yoona innocently.
Im Jeong Il jolts a bit from his seat, his heart feels the pain. A guilty feeling creeps on his chest.
“Dad, you okay?” asks the daughter softly, gaining no answer from the old man.
“Ah yes.. let’s go to your mom’s stone..It’s been a while” says Im Jeong Il.
Im Jeong Il speeds the car in fast speed. Less than 45 minutes the car arrives at the cemetery of Im Family. Previously Yoona stopped at the florist owned by Im family to buy her mom’s favorite flower, White Lily.


After parked the car in the provided area, Im Jeong Il walked to the stone, follows Yoona who walked first. There the father and daughter stay silent for some minutes after the daughter put the bought flowers on the top of the stone.
Jeong Il bents his knees down, his eyes are streaming the tears down.
“Nana-yah.. I’m sorry” states Jeong Il breaking the silence in cracking voice.
Yoona watches her dad in sad expression.


Deep inside his heart, without no one knowing Im Jeong Il loves his late-wife so much. Although the media and the whole country know him as player, even one of the entertainment program gave him a nickname as Korea’s top silver fox because in his old age, the man still has that charisma, the charisma that stole every woman’s heart. Falling for woman easily is a bad habit that owned by Im Jeong Il. As a successful and categorized as Korea’s influential businessman the man owns everything, getting woman as his toys is a piece of cake thing for Im Jeong Il, plus the man owns good look and good mannerism.
As the effect, Jeong Il turns into “Don Juan”. He plays around even though he has a beautiful faithful wife and beautiful daughter at home. One deafening silence night, the Im couple had big fight. The fight happened when Yoona was away for Exchange Program to Austria. The drunk Jeong Il caught his wife doing a bad deed that never flashed on his head previously.

That night, the Don Juan caught his beloved wife did love making with a person who has same gender as his wife. Yoona’s mom was a lesbian before she was forced by her father to marry Im Jeong Il. Yoona’s mom Im Nana was living in USA before she was forced to go back to Korea by Yoona’s grandfather. Im Nana was attending student of Juilliard, she specialized at Piano.
The Korean woman secretly continued her forbidden relationship. Even the woman married to Im Jeong Il, she couldn’t betrayed her nature to be a lesbian. Im Nana secretly dated her college girlfriend, the Violist Clara Smith. Both Clara and Nana were being secretive about their relationship.
Clara was a married woman with 2 daughters named Jessica and Soojung while Nana was married to Im Jeong Il and had Im Yoona as the daughter. Because of uncontrolled anger, Im Jeong Il shoot his own wife after he hushed away her wife’s mistress, Clara Smith.
Because of his power and influence, Im Jeong Il was able to manipulate the cause of death of his wife. He made the suicide act as the cause of Im Nana’s death. Yoona knew her mom’s cause of death is suicidal action because of depression. Im Jeong Il knew Yoona hates him that much behind her sweet and innocent appearance.  After all, once Im will be an Im. Yoona inherits her parents’ acting skills. Im Jeong Il is aware of that and he let Yoona be like that as his payback. Im Jeong Il knew all of Yoona’s acts behind his back. Im Jeong Il thinks that He is better to die in his daughter’s own hands rather than his business rivals.
After some minutes of silence and pray, the two left the cemetery in unreadable expression.
“Dad let’s go back to our mansion, I’m tired” states Yoona as soon as she seated her bottom on leathered seat.
Without further ado, the dad paces his car to the mansion, the two are silent during their driving.


AFTER DINNER AT IM MANSION.


“Dad, I want to go back to my bedroom first, I feel tired.. Good night..Don’t forget to eat your meds. And have a safe flight for your business trip to Macau tomorrow” greets Yoona.
The young lady kisses her dad’s forehead softly before she leaves the dining room.
“Good night my princess, see you later. Don’t worry I’ll be careful on my trip.. sends my Hi to your cute lecturer that Kim Taeyeon” replies Im Jeong Il.
“Sure dad, bye” replies Yoona shortly.
Yoona walks to her bedroom, she washes up her well-built body and changes her clothes into more comfortable one. After she finished her activities she climbs up the Queen-sized bed. She stares at brownish roof.
“I hope my black knight won’t betray me at the end” says Yoona in bitter tone before she closes her eyes and off to dream land.


THE NEXT MORNING.


Beeping sound from Yoona’s phone made the young lady woke from her sleep up. The heiress stirs her body to reach her phone on the night stand.
“Mmh.. Hello, who’s this?” asks the sleepy lady.
“Good morning Miss Im, I’m Detective Seo Juhyun, sorry for disturbing your peaceful morning. I’ve gathered all information you need about The Black Knight, you told me that I have to call you as soon as I finished the secret investigation, right?” states the other voice.
“Oh, unnie.. what have you gotten? Let’s have breakfast to discuss about this matter. Meet me at 9 in my private penthouse” replies Yoona still in sleepy voice.
“Sure Miss Im. I’ll be there on time..Good Morning” closes the female detective.
Yoona blinks her eyes for few times, she tries to gain her consciousness. She watches the display background, Taeyeon’s picture in casual outfit.
Please, I decided to trust you..prove me that my decision is right, Erika Kim” states Yoona in unreadable expression.
Yoona climbs down from her bed and heads to the bathroom and doing her morning routin before she meets the female detective slash Yoona’s senior at Senior High, Seo Juhyun.


A/N :
Hello everyone, It’s been a while.. how’s life? I hope you guys are doing good.
Sorry for the late update, kinda busy with life and works (but still, I open AFF everyday), hahaha.
What do you think Detective Seo’s report will be? Speak up your Ideas..
Don’t forget to vote, comment and subscribe..
I wish you a good day.
Anyway, Sorry for the short chapter.. Hehehe.
J is out.