Chapter 9

Cinnamon Summer [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyunsik has never been unsure about something. He knows what he wants and he will go for it anyway. But lately, Ilhoon shows up and everything in his life goes messy as hell.

Firstly, He never works with someone. He likes to work alone and maybe sells his well taken photographs to some business men but he never works under someone. But he has worked with Peniel, the photographer from Chicago and he even worked as a freelancer for the company that his friend, Minhyuk has been working under.

Secondly, He only drinks black coffee with one tea spoon of sugar and never from the vending machine. But lately, he even finds himself walking up to the machine just to have a coffee with cream. But that mostly happens when he wants to have a conversation with Ilhoon and don’t know what to bring to him. So, he goes for the vending machine coffee.

Thirdly, He never has a serious conversation someone unless they are very close. But he found himself having a very deep conversation with someone he barely knows. Hyunsik, absolutely, is not a person who will sit at the bar till 2 am without getting drunk but to watch the other person get drunk in sadness. He has never been staring at other person’s lips or eyes without even noticing himself. He would never sleep at someone’s house because he passed out from countless bottles of beer or soju or whatever he had. But he did all those things with Ilhoon. Ilhoon, the boy with a bird tattoo. But of course, the first time he saw Ilhoon was last three years ago. His hair was red, bright red with more than two piercings on his left ears where the bird tattoo exists. His first impression for Ilhoon was not great. Ilhoon was mostly a stray kid, rebellious, but what was great about him was he loves kids. Hyunsik and his famous signature picture would not be famous if Ilhoon wasn’t there sitting on the hill. But clearly, Ilhoon still doesn’t know the boy in the picture is him and Hyunsik will never be able to bring himself to talk about it since he found it embarrassing.

That was last three years ago when he met him. But now, Hyunsik is here in Japan with Ilhoon and he was just paralyzed by Ilhoon eyes before he accepted to come here. You see, the thing is that Hyunsik has never been that kind of person who would travel to some new country with a person he just knows for three weeks. But everything is changed since Ilhoon shows up.

Or it is not wrong to say if Ilhoon changes Hyunsik.

Even now, Hyunsik does not realize himself glancing at the boy from the corner of his eyes, who is watering his own garden. He is not a flower-person but Ilhoon is. And he is amused by watching Ilhoon walking around in his own garden. Jung Ilhoon, in deed is the model. Who would wear the white tee with green striped pajamas and look good in the day light?

“Hyung… are you listening?” Hyunsik comes back to reality when he switched his eyes from Ilhoon’s lips to his diamond-like eyes which are looking at him. Oh yeah… he is talking to me.

“Y…yeah.” He said shuddered, trying to move his eyes away from the platinum blond haired guy. But it looks like Ilhoon knows he has been spaced out since he let out some chuckles which sounded like the pleasant melody to the older.

“You aren’t even listening.” Ilhoon teasingly pouted and continued. “I was talking to you about today’s plan. I will take you to the down town.”

“Okay…” Hyunsik said with a smile on his face.

“I could go anywhere if you are there with me-” without knowingly, words were slipped out from his lips. Hyunsik usually does not think out loud but this one goes completely out of control. He realizes what he said as soon as the sentence has finished. He saw the younger eyes widen for like two seconds with a flash of pink blush on the both cheeks. But then the edges of Ilhoon’s eyes start wrinkles, making a soft laughter which makes Hyunsik shivers from the inside, wondering why the boy laughs when he was embarrassed to death.

Ilhoon let out some laughter before he said “Of course, I will be with you. I am the one who brings you here.”

Hyunsik does not know what to do so he just nodded shyly. He watches the younger wearing the gloves to change the roses from a small vase to the medium-sized one. The way Ilhoon putting fertilizer in the vase, the way he switches the rose and its vines to another vase, the way the sun hits the boy’s head making the platinum blond colour more shining, the way Ilhoon tries to hide from the sunlight with his hand… every movement of Ilhoon make Hyunsik feeling nothing but numb. Hyunsik suddenly wants to go and cover the precious boy from the disturbing sun. He could… he almost stood up from where he was sitting…almost but he didn’t get a chance since Ilhoon’s phone rings.

Hyunsik saw those sparking eyes went darken staring at the phone screen. Ilhoon picked up with a cold tone of voice that Hyunsik has never heard of. Who is that? Curiosity travels through his whole body. The older was dying to know who Ilhoon was talking to when Ilhoon walked away from the garden and went inside the house which clearly shows he does not want Hyunsik to hear what he is talking with the person on the line.

Curious… curious… curious. He can see Ilhoon frowning through the window of crystal clear glass. But the facial expression is not read

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter