Chapter 12

Cinnamon Summer [EDITING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is one month exactly that Hyunsik came back to Korea and started working on his exhibition. It was fine. Everything is great. Because of his success, Hyunsik father did not tell him to take responsibility for the company, in other word, he is not pushed to become the CEO which is good, since Hyunsik does not want to sit at the desk and order people what to do and what not to do.

Hyunsik, he is just a man with cameras, photographs and coffee. Right, coffee. Oh, how much he misses drinking black coffee in the morning in Japan. But wait, to come and think of it, he stops drinking black coffee since the day he came back from Japan. Maybe because he is addicted to the coffee with cream? Or maybe because Ilhoon makes him coffee with cream every morning for the whole week? But that's just another story. Lately, he finds himself looking for cream every time he makes coffee. And damn, he also misses some sweet things he had in Japan. Some chocolates and mochi. , mochi. He misses mochi. He misses how green tea mochi tastes like. He misses how Ilhoon tried to make mochi but failed at the end. And he really misses the younger tried to make mochi for him only because Hyunsik said he wanted to eat more. 

Damn, he misses mochi. Or he misses Ilhoon? Right, he misses Ilhoon, his new friend. Hyunsik never thought about getting attached to someone this easily but he did. He did get attached to Ilhoon. And that boy on the hill must have put some spells on him because he cannot go a day without thinking about a boy. Maybe everything around Hyunsik is related to Ilhoon in one way or another or just Ilhoon never left his mind. 

Within this 2592000 seconds, 438000 minutes, 730 hours, 30 days, 4 weeks, one month, Jung Ilhoon is in Hyunsik's mind. 

Perhaps, it is because they chat all the time? Of course, they chat all the time. Every day and night.

The conversations are not about work. They are not about how the sun rises and sets. It is not about people around them. It is just about each other. They talk about how their days were and what they have for their meals. Maybe others might find their conversation boring, but not for them. Well, not for Hyunsik at least. The older does not know if Ilhoon finds their conversation useless but obviously, it is all fun and exciting for Hyunsik. His days start with good morning text from Ilhoon since the day he came back from Japan. But there are days like today where Hyunsik is the one to start their good morning text but he does not mind since he knows the younger will text back right away. 

Hyunsik: Good morning :) 

Hyunsik sends the text and gets up to wash up. He knows there will be the reply once he gets out of the bathroom. So, he went to take a fresh shower before he starts working in his MPC dark room. He took a cool and fresh shower, put on one of the white tees and black pants from his wardrobe. He dries his blond hair and comb it until he got his normal go-to look.

And now, it is time to check the reply from Ilhoon. Hyunsik check the phone screen to see if there are any messages came in and what he saw is not what he is expecting. 

"No older notification" 

It's strange. Very strange for Hyunsik. Normally, Ilhoon replies back. Maybe because the time is different? Wait no. There is no difference for the time zone between Seoul and Tokyo. Maybe Ilhoon has early schedule. Right... schedules. But it is still strange for Hyunsik since the boy usually tells him what his schedules for the next day. And as far as he knows, it is Ilhoon's day off. Maybe the younger does not see the message. 

Yeah... Ilhoon does not see the message. With that thought, Hyunsik tries to neglect the fact that there is no reply from Ilhoon. 

--

"Hyunsikie!" after working in the dark room for hours, the first voice he heard since he woke up is Minhyuk. Hyunsik smirks at the voice. His best friend knows his passcode to enter the house. But there was a slight disappointment enter in Hyunsik's heart since the first voice he heard every morning for the last two nine days was Ilhoon's.

"I am here!" Minhyuk shouted again as he put some things he gets for Hyunsik on his grocery shop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter