thirtyfive

And then came you
Please log in to read the full chapter

thirtyfive

Yeoreum was panting, having her eyes fluttered lazily as she tilted her head and Jongin went kissing on the skin gently, before he finally settled himself on her side, grinning boyishly at her. 

And she was too tired to even do anything. "You should be resting...this is not resting..."

"You just say that so we won't be going for another round." Jongin kissed her temple, massaging on her scalp and she moaned at that. 

"I hate you."

He chuckled. "I know."

The rain was gentle on hitting the window and weirdly, Jongin found comfort with that - as he have Yeoreum by his side, staying so close for him. 

He took the comforter, letting it hugged on his girlfriend and let her being buried by it, covering her from head to toes and only let the head to be seen by him. 

"Don't worry. I will let you rest for a while."

"For a while?!" Yeoreum went slapping his bare shoulder and he went chuckling. 

"I have class tomorrow." she said, giving a pointed look at him and Jongin chuckled. 

"Okay, I'll let you rest for an hour."

She glared, despite being so tired already. 

And he went laughing. "I couldn't help it." he kissed on her shoulder, bringing those lips to her neck and jaw - making her ticklish at the wet tongue teasing her. 

"You're so lewd." he whispered on her ear, and Yeoreum went kicking at him from the comforter - that he was cocooning her in. 

He went laughing again, before letting the comforter hiding his form and let their legs tangled on the bed. 

"I'm sore." Yeoreum went whining and he rubbed his hand affectionately on her back. 

"Should I gave it a massage?"

She pushed away his hand that was starting to get lower and he laughed, kissing her on the temple. 

"Alright, alright."

Yeoreum went smiling, feeling his kisses went to her lips and she opened her eyes, staring at him. 

Who just looked at her ever so fondly and she grew shy at it, burying her face on his bare chest and he went laughing. 

"Don't stare at me like that."

"Why not? You're mine." he combed her messy hair and loved how it was so soft between his fingers. 

"I'm gonna look at you for so long. When I'm going back to the campus, I wouldn't be able to do that so often."

"I'll be busy." he pouted, hugging her tight. 

And Yeoreum went chuckling, hugging him back with the same enthusiasm. 

 

 

Okay. 

So, when Jongin was saying that he'll be busy, Yeoreum had thought that he was exaggerating, but as days passed and Jongin rolled back to his class, she was seeing him less. 

Their calls and texting grew increasing - but still wouldn't surpassed the sudden missing void in her heart. 

Chanyeol was saying how Jongin was taking additional classes since he was trying to cover up for the semester that he was missing on, and was busy for that. 

So Yeoreum was telling Jongin not come and see her all the time and focused on himself first. 

Sure, she wanted to see him. But, she didn't want him to be forcing himself too much and going on full force in the relationship. 

He still need to take care of himself first. 

His health came first. 

Jongin was frowning at the idea, but the moment she told him that she'll break up with him if he went full force and not focusing on himself, he nodded reluctantly and obeyed immediately. 

Giving her texts and calls and said how much he was missing her. 

Making Yeoreum went missing him more.

"And here I thought you said Jongin was the clingy one." Eunhui said, wiping the counter clean and stared at Yeoreum who went waiting for her drink. 

"I'm not clingy, I'm just missing him." she said, jutting on her lips and Eunhui rolled her eyes. 

"Just weeks ago, you were busy running away from him. And now, you are busy to be in his arms..." she teased. 

And Yeoreum went blushing at that. "I am not!" 

"Don't lie." 

She went taking the drinks quick and quickly went to her class, blushing madly and have Eunhui snorted at that. 

And one of that day, when she didn't have any class at all, Yeoreum was getting ready, dressing up and went out. 

Phone was gripped in her hand as she walked into the road, enjoying the comfort of everybody else who were busy with themselves. 

She ended up going and bought a few groceries, knowing that Jongin probably gonna rely on instant foods and coffee to live on. 

She managed to sneak a peek at his kitchen the other day - sighing helplessly at how it had lost its glow when nobody was handling it. 

She wanted to see Jongin.

Already at his apartment with the groceries in her hand and she pressed the pass code expertly - knowing it all too well. 

It somehow amused her on how she was so keen on making sure that he was alive and being taken care of. 

Did she like him too much?

The house was empty - dead silent, and she went sighing, staring at the unwashed mug inside the sink and a few wrappers of instant food on the kitchen counter - Jongin probably had coffee with those instant food as breakfast and didn't cleaned it properly because he was running late for class. 

She shook her head, already settling on the groceries and started cleaning. 

 

 

Jongin felt his shoulders went numb - aching loudly and he just gave it a few massage before taking the tracing paper and rolled it into the tube, carrying it swiftly afterwards.

"Jongin, you wanna go out tonight?" Chanyeol went asking and the guy just shook his head, declining.

"I'm busy."

"Yeoreum?" Chanyeol teasingly wiggled his brow and Jongin rolled his eyes at that. 

"She totally have you whipped."

"You know what...I can't wait for you to have someone in your life, I'm gonna tease the living hell out of you."

Chanyeol snorted. "That's not going to happen."

Jongin went rolling his eyes again, muttering a few words again to his friend before he walked away, already excited on surprising Yeoreum at her house. 

He knew that she didn't have any class that day and probably being lazy in the house. 

But first - he need to go back home and get changed.

Need to be clean and fresh for her. 

But as he arrived home, his excitement went skyrocketing, seeing the same girl that he wanted to see was standing at his kitchen. 

Smiling gently at him as she went cooking. "You're home?"

His heart skipped a beat, staring at the way she was wearing his apron so cutely, with her hair that was tied into a simple high bun and the way she went smiling at him. 

"Babe..."

The delicious aroma hit on his nose and he moaned at that, trudging closer to her. 

"I was about to go to your place." he kissed on her head, before letting his arms hugged her from behind. 

Yeoreum went chuckling. "You're acting sappy again."

"I just missed you. How many days we haven't seen each other?" he buried his face on the crook of her neck and rocked her back and forth. 

Making her chuckled. 

"I miss you." he mumbled. 

"I miss you." he said again. 

And Yeoreum went laughing, feeling his fingers tickling on her sides. "I can sense that."

He chuckled, finally letting his chin on top of her head as he stared at what she was cooking. 

"What are you cooking?"

"Some stew." she said. 

"I know that you're not eating properly. I bet you aren't taking care of yourself properly."

"Hey, I take care of myself." Jongin argued. 

She just ignored that and pointed to the fridge. "I already stacked everything up."

He blinked at that, gently removing his arms from her and opened the fridge, having an amused look when he saw how his empty fridge earlier was stacked with foods.

"Wow..." he went taking the chocolate pudding that she had bought for him. 

"Yeoreum..."

"Hmm?"

He opened the wrapper. "When should it be?"

She frowned. "Be what?"

He just threw the wrapper away and gently whispered in her ear, 

"Our wedding."

Her cheeks went warm, before she scowled. "Stupid."

"I'm serious." Jongin said. 

"Kim Yeoreum sounds pretty." he said, slurping on the pudding. 

"I don't like that. Kim Yeoreum sounds basic."

"Hey, don't talk like that. That's my future wife you're talking about."

She scowled more at it and Jongin went weak at seeing the way she went flustered. 

He was really glad that she was with him at the moment - having his heart happily hummed inside his rib cage.

He couldn't imagined if he happened to have her all for himself on every single day. 

Would that makes him the happiest man alive? 

His fingers pushed away the strands of her hair and she looked up, smiling at him. 

"Go get changed and let's eat."

He went softened. 

"Yeoreum..."

"Hmm?"

"I'm really happy that you're with me now." he kissed her temple. 

And she went smiling at that. 

 

 

Yeoreum went blinking, staring at the triangles and compass on the study table, along with bunch of mechanical pencils and erasers. 

She then grabbed a T-square, looking at it interestingly and Jongin chuckled, hugging her from behind after he had finished changing.

"Thinking of changing courses?" He whispered, and Yeoreum scowled. 

"No, thank you. I'm sticking to my Literature courses." she said.

"This cross looks like a pain in the ."

Jongin laughed. "That's not a cross."

"Looks like it."

He chuckled. "You know, one of my friends said that we look like a ninja using that...so, it's not really a cross. More like a ninja stuff."

She chuckled, putting back on the utensils and whirled around to hug Jongin, burying her face on his chest.

"I'm sorry for being busy this week. It's a bit hectic trying to juggle everything back in the first month."

She smiled, kissing on his chest. "It's fine. I understand."

"Focus on yourself first."

Jongin just hugged her tighter, feeling himself growing weak against her words. 

"You know...you're very patient with me, Yeoreum."

"Very understanding."

She snorted. 

"It makes me wanna treat you better." he cupped on her cheeks and beckoned her to look at him. 

"And, it makes me don't wanna let you go." he kissed on her lips, and she went smiling, loving the way her heart soothed at that. 

 

 

"Yeoreum..."

"Hmm?"

"I think I really like you."

"Yeah, I can see that."

"You little - "

 

 

Please log in to read the full chapter