twentyseven

And then came you
Please log in to read the full chapter

twentyseven

Yeoreum came the next day and Mrs.Kim was already smiling when she saw the girl who was also giving her a smile the moment she walked into the room, having her eyes sauntered to Jongin who was on the bed before looking at her back. 

"Can you take care of Jongin for me for a while? I need to go for a brief meeting at work."

"Sure." Yeoreum was already beaming at the mother and the woman chuckled, patting the girl on the head before kissing Jongin on the temple, making him rolling his eyes at that. 

"Be nice, Jongin."

"I am nice." he tried to argue and Mrs.Kim just chuckled, patting his head and giving out another smile to Yeoreum before she walked outside. 

But, as she was about to close the door, Yeoreum was already paddling her way towards Jongin, and she just peeked behind the door, watching the two. 

"Did you sleep well?" Yeoreum kissed Jongin on the cheek and he just smiled at that, sighing dreamily. 

"No. I keep tossing around. I miss my bed..."

"Just your bed? Me?" 

"Maybe a little bit?" Jongin make a space between his fingers and Yeoreum went gasping at that. 

"Hey!"

Jongin just laughed at that, opening his arms and Yeoreum just went hugging him next, kissing on his cheek and he went smiling at that, eyes closing in full bliss. 

And Mrs.Kim shut the door quickly, heaving a soft sigh. 

Gosh. 

They look so happy together that her heart went heavy at that. 

She trudged her legs away from the scene. 

Jongin seemed so happy with Yeoreum.

He looked so innocently and stupidly in love that she somehow didn't have the guts to separate them away. 

But still...

She was still worried. 

Sighing again, she just walked out quickly. 

 

 

"I have another eye examination this evening. Then, I also have another one on tomorrow morning before I go to the surgery."

Yeoreum went sitting beside the guy on the bed, as he make some space for her and she went snuggling into Jongin's chest as he went on about his schedule before the surgery.

She gave out a sigh at that, and Jongin just smiled at that, soothing her hair as he tucked his chin on the top of her head while leaning against the headboard. 

"Are you worried?"

Yeoreum went humming at that and he chuckled. 

"I'm gonna be fine." 

She just leaned more to his warmth and Jongin smiled more. 

Yeoreum was so affectionate with him that his heart went blooming in happiness.

She was gentle with him that he was softened at that. 

He kissed the top of her head and chuckled when he heard her humming at that. 

"Yeoreum..."

"Hmm?"

"Let's go to a date after this surgery."

Yeoreum pushed herself off Jongin and just stared at him. "Date?"

He nodded, looking at the front, staring blindly at nothing. 

"It doesn't matter if the surgery went well or not, can you go on a date with me?"

Yeoreum smiled at that, feeling her cheeks going warm. "Of course."

Jongin went smiling at that. 

"Where do you want to go?"

"Haunted house."

"Hey!"

And Jongin just laughed at it. 

 

 

Chanyeol came to the hospital by noon, somehow had Jongin went grunting at his loud commotion - Chanyeol practically hollered out loud when he had come into the room. 

Yeoreum went clapping excitedly, mostly because she saw that the boy went bringing cake in his hands and she went excited. 

The cake at Chanyeol's work place was good. 

"Did you tell him about me?" Jongin asked and Yeoreum scooted closer to his side, making room for Chanyeol who also wanted to get onto the bed like Yeoreum. 

"Yeah. Why?"

"Why would you do that?"

"Hey - I'm your friend! I deserve to know!"

The three of them went sitting on the bed and Jongin somehow scared that the bed might actually break at the sudden weight. 

"I can't wait till you can see again." Chanyeol went grinning and opening the box of the cake that he had bought. 

"Wait, Jongin can eat cake, right?" 

Yeoreum frowned. "Yeah, why?"

"Don't know, maybe the doctor banned him from eating anything or whatever..."

Jongin blindly rolled his eyes at that and moved his face to where Chanyeol's voice was - acting as if he can see him. 

"Since when did you care?"

"You punk! I always care!"

Yeoreum just chuckled at Chanyeol's cute tantrums. 

She then picked on a bite and gently pulled Jongin by his jaw and he blinked at that before went smiling when he noticed that she was feeding him the cake. 

Slowly, he opened his mouth and hummed at the sweet taste. "It's sweet."

"Ground rules! Ground rules!" Chanyeol went yelling, somehow whining at the two and Jongin just snorted at that. 

"Gosh, imagine if you got your sights back - you gonna be all over her."

"You talk as if I'm a ert or something."

"You aren't?"

Chanyeol just laughed when Jongin let his legs kicked him and Yeoreum went snorting at that, eating her own share of cake.

"What, remember your ex from the first year that you couldn't keep your hands off?"

Jongin had his eyes widened and he gasped inwardly while Yeoreum just hummed amusingly at the sudden news. 

"Oh, we gonna talk about exes now?" Yeoreum's tone went dangerously lower and Chanyeol went cackling at it. 

"Why are you talking about her all of a sudden?!" Jongin grunted and Chanyeol was laughing at his misery. 

"You wanna know, Yeoreum...Jongin once had a girlfriend and he couldn't get his hands off her because she's so pretty - like he had quoted."

"This bastard likes pretty girls only..."

Jongin groaned, palming himself on the face. "Why are you telling her that?!"

Chanyeol went laughing, amused by Jongin's sudden misery. 

Yeoreum blinked at that. 

Jongin likes pretty girls only? 

Wonder what he will think of her when he opened his eyes because as far as she knew - she wasn't that pretty in the first place. 

"Babe, it's not true..."

Yeoreum had her thoughts being snapped out of it when Jongin held her hand, probably noticing that she suddenly went silent. 

Chanyeol also had flattened the laugh and looked at her. "Yeah, it's a joke. Jongin isn't like that..."

Yeoreum snorted at that. "I know...my baby isn't like that."

She cooed and Jongin just chuckled in return, glad that she wasn't getting any impact from it. 

Without him knowing that she was starting to feel insecure about it. 

 

 

When Mrs.Kim walked back to the hospital, she seemed amused at seeing Chanyeol went laughing with Jongin about some random things while Yeoreum went whining at their teasing laugh - the two probably was teasing her. 

"Chanyeol, you are here?"

Chanyeol went beaming at Mrs.Kim and waved his hands happily at the woman. "I came to visit Jongin."

"More l

Please log in to read the full chapter