thirtytwo

And then came you
Please log in to read the full chapter

thirtytwo

"You know, maybe you should take a break from coming here."

Jongin went looking at Chanyeol, frowning at the guy. "Dude, I need to find Yeoreum - "

"She wouldn't come if you're here. It's basically pointless even if you keep on waiting."

"Also, maybe you can take your mind off that girl and maybe get rest."

Jongin didn't like the idea, already frowning in displeased, but he didn't say anything to oppose it. 

"I'll look for her for you, I mean it's kinda my fault that her insecurities were triggered and I'll call you the moment I find her. I'll even take a picture of her and showed her to you so you can find her easily."

He went sighing, shaking his head at the idea and didn't want to follow it, because he wanted to be able to see her first thing first. 

The moment he saw her, he wanted to hug and kiss her immediately, wanting to say sorry and repeated how much he cares for her.

But Chanyeol just blew a raspberry at the stubborn acts from his friend. "Just go home, Jongin. I'll look her up for you."

Jongin was still stubborn on his decision, he wanted to keep on coming and searched for Yeoreum, himself. But, when he came home, his mother was already glaring.

"You go out again?"

Jongin went silent, lips jutting dejectedly at being caught. 

"I told you, you need to rest." Mrs.Kim said, hands placed on her hips as she was ready to nag at the boy. 

"But, I want to see Yeoreum." Jongin muttered, fingers grazing at the couch - an act that he grew accustomed when he wanted to go back to his room, using it to find his way. 

"I know you do, but your health came first. I'm sure you can find her after you are absolutely fine."

"I gave you permission to find her, but with the exception that you take your medicine and get rest, but now...you keep going out again and again, and I bet you didn't even take your medicine."

"Mom, you don't understand - "

"No, Jongin...you are the one that don't understand. Yeoreum wouldn't go anywhere."

"I know, but she's hurt because of me, mom. I need to fix these. Then, I can rest."

"No, you rest first."

"Mom - "

"End of discussion." Mrs.Kim said, eyes glaring daggers to the son and Jongin went frowning. 

"Mom - "

"I don't want you to get worse, Jongin!"

He went silent at the harsh yelling and huffed silently. 

"Then, bring Yeoreum to me."

 

 

Yeoreum went glancing around, looking at the surrounding and squinted her eyes - wondering if Jongin was nearby.

Somehow, in the past few days, Jongin had been everywhere. 

She had seen him at the convenience store, nearby the campus cafe, and even at the bus stop. And it wasn't helping her case when he kept on staring at her, and sending his handsome smile like that didn't make her heart fluttered crazily and wanted him more. 

It was crazy.

And Yeoreum was hating the world - pushing her more towards Jongin despite that she didn't want to see him. 

But that day, she hadn't seen him. 

She had checked three times before she went into the convenience store - he wasn't there. 

She had glanced at the bus store like a creep - he wasn't there. 

And her heart went dropped a bit - somehow had a part of her saying that he had moved on from her already, and maybe was losing interest on chasing someone who didn't even want to see him anymore. 

So, Yeoreum ended up crying over that once again in her room on one day - wallowing herself in self-pity and make her self-conscious once again. 

Before she cussed herself out for making herself pathetic again. 

It all happened because of her.

So, why is she crying for everything?

On the other hand, Jongin's mother had been calling her nonstop and she just watched as the phone rang before it died and listed as a missed calls along with Chanyeol's number who wouldn't stop calling her too. 

There's also a random number that had been calling her, alongside those two and she knew, and had an intuition that it was Jongin's. 

And she didn't picked it up - afraid. 

So afraid. 

Afraid that her insecurities would be surfacing again. 

She wiped all the tears and moved out from her room, deciding to make herself a breakfast. She pushed the sleeves of the hoodie that she was wearing to her nose as she walked out, inhaling the musky smell of Jongin. 

And that makes her missed him more. 

Wearing his hoodie that she managed to steal from his wardrobe and have it swallowed her whole, letting the sleeves ran down on her arms helplessly. 

Eunhui had gone to cafe, and Yeoreum ended up making a breakfast for herself and make herself more devastated when she make herself an omurice. 

Jongin loves her omurice. 

Her lips jutted at that, wondering if he was taking care of himself properly or not.

She bet that he just took coffee in the morning and that's it.

That stupid coffee maniac.

She poked on the food that she was cooking dejectedly, missing him once more. 

And as she went busy cooking, the bell suddenly rang and Yeoreum glanced nonchalantly outside of the kitchen, trying to hear it once again to make sure that it wasn't her imagination. 

Because who would be ringing doorbell to her house - Eunhui know the pass code and they didn't have any other housemate.

Maybe it's a delivery. 

Maybe Eunhui bought something. 

The bell rang again and Yeoreum went turning the stove off, wiping her hands with the kitchen towel before moving to the door of her house. 

And she really wasn't expecting Mrs.Kim to be standing outside, wearing a smile on her lips.

"You're a hard girl to reach, Yeoreum..."

 

 

Yeoreum forced a smile to her lips, watching as the woman glanced around her shared house with Eunhui, there was a flicker of amusement in her eyes before she stared back at her. 

"You didn't answer my calls."

Yeoreum felt a brick fall onto her at the sudden attack. 

"I had to call your mother and asked for your house. Thank goodness I didn't make a mistake ringing a stranger's house."

The woman tried to make a joke, easing the tense feeling in Yeoreum's stomach and the girl just forced another smile. 

"Never reject my calls, Yeoreum."

She blinked at that. "I'm sorry, I'm just busy."

"Even for Jongin?"

Yeoreum went tensing at that, and the woman smiled at it - noticing how the girl was still sensitive on the thoughts of Jongin. 

"It's okay. I'm not here to talk about my son."

Yeoreum went glancing at the woman. 

"I just want you to come and accompany me to visit Jongin's father."

And she grew confused. 

"You see, Jongin's father is going get discharged soon. He wants to see you before he get out. Because you wouldn't be visiting afterwards - as he had quoted."

"I don't think I can - "

"Jongin wouldn't be coming, he's busy with the college preparation."

Yeoreum went silent on that. 

Oh. 

So he's busy. 

Is that why he hasn't been coming?

And she thought that he had moved on from her.

"Still - "

"Are you going against me, Yeoreum?"

She swallowed hard, staring at Mrs.Kim who went smiling eerily at her. 

 

 

Jongin put down the phone on the table with a dejected sigh. 

Yeoreum wasn't picking up.

He had took her number from his mother and had been calling her nonstop, wanting her to answer, but as if she knew who was calling - she wasn't picking up.

He sighed and was frowning, before went putting the eye medicine in his eyes, gently batted his eyes afterwards, letting the solutions ease his eyes. 

His sights were better than before. 

Blurry images were now improving, and floaters weren't too common anymore.

But, he still have to wear the glasses for precautions and to avoid his eyes from being too exposed to the bright lights since he was still adjusting to it. 

And also, still have to make a trip to the doctor every once in a while. 

He put on the glasses on the bridge of his nose, scrunching his nose when he looked like a nerd with those round glasses on - wondered if Yeoreum would be laughing at him if she saw that. 

He unconsciously smiled at that, remembering her soft laughs and he wanted to see her smiles so much, wanting to see how her face lit up when she was with him. 

Sighing, he walked out, feeling hungry in the early morning and he grimly glanced at the kitchen.

 

"It's really easy to make you happy, you know, just give you food and you'll be all smiles."

 

He couldn't help but to smile, remembering what Yeoreum had once said.

It'

Please log in to read the full chapter