seven

And then came you
Please log in to read the full chapter

seven

The sky was dark.

Yeoreum had a bad feeling about it as she stared outside from the living room. It was already noon, but the sun was nowhere to be seen and it was still dark.

Chanyeol had already gone to Jongin’s bedroom, muttering something about the need to sleep or else he would die already. She had wondered if he could sleep with his stomach was full, but hearing his snores coming from the tan boy’s room, she had gotten her answer.

Sighing, she was getting the lunch to be heated when the bell suddenly rang and she quickly alerted, wondering who it was.

And just her luck, a beautiful face greeted her the moment she opened the door. She absolutely didn’t mind the way he had smiled at her oh so handsomely.

“Yeoreum…right?”

She had blinked.

How did the handsome stranger got to know her name was absolutely terrifying because maybe he was this stalker of her that finally gotten the urge to face her and kidnap her before killing her and dumped the body in woods for the wolf to eat.

And she didn’t really have anyone in the house that could help her, okay she did have two guys in the house but – Jongin was blind and Chanyeol was already busy snoring. Those two wouldn’t really helping.

But thinking about it – she glanced at the man. He didn’t really seemed like a stalker or looking like a creeper at all.

Have she mentioned that he was handsome?

“I’m sorry, but you are...?”

“Ah, right. Donghae. Jongin’s teacher.”

She wanted to argue of course, because the man looked way younger to be teaching something like that. She had thought that the teacher would be in his middle-aged or something, but the man in front of her didn’t seemed like he was anything near that.

The man didn’t mind her sudden debate with herself and just continued talking.

“Mrs. Kim must have informed you that I would be coming, right? Though I should have come yesterday, but my car broke down.” He rubbed his nape sheepishly and she cooed inwardly because he looked cute.

Again, he didn’t look like he was a teacher but she didn’t argue more about it because Chanyeol looked like a thief, but he wasn’t…

“Yes. She did. Come in.”

“Mrs. Kim told me that I would see you. I didn’t expect that I would be seeing someone so pretty though…”

Yeoreum felt herself pinked at the compliment and unknowingly stuttered. “Umm – thanks – I mean, yeah…”

He had chuckled, leaving his shoes neatly before walking in. “Jongin is in his room, right?”

Where else could he be? She wanted to retort back, but decided not to because she didn’t need to break down her pretty imagine in front of the handsome teacher and just answered, “Yeah, he’s inside.”

Donghae didn’t even have anything with him other than his I-pad and suddenly she was arguing with herself again – because maybe he is not the teacher and just playing with her,

But then he seemed too comfortable around the house, opening Jongin’s room with a loud, “Your favorite teacher is here!”

She could hear Jongin’s sudden grunt and Chanyeol sleepy voice mumbling something like Donghae hyung? What the ?

And she knew that Donghae guy was good.

 

 

Yeoreum had her ears stuck on the door as she tried to listen what Jongin was learning and what Donghae was teaching, but just rolled her eyes in annoyance when she didn’t hear anything.

It’s either – there were no learning and teaching session going on, she will be pissed at that or the room was just sound-proof in which she would be embarrassed because she was taping herself to the door for nearly twenty minutes wanting to hear something.

She had cleared and softly opened, not even bothered to knock first and she was actually amused when she saw Jongin was at the study table, just sitting besides Donghae, muttering something.

She could see that Jongin had his usual book on his hold as he traced his fingers on them and then back on muttering something to the teacher whom looked fairly proud at that.

She didn’t know what they are doing, but they better be learning.

Why does she sound like a mom? She didn’t know.

And it seemed like she was so busy staring at the teacher and student moment that she didn’t realize how long had she been standing near the door until Donghae was the one that snapped her back to the world.

“You can join us if you want.” The man smiled and Yeoreum just groaned, because – how could he become more handsome than he already are?

“Umm…it’s okay. I just want to drop the lunch.”

Donghae seemed surprised by that. “Oh? What time is it? I didn’t even realize that it was lunch already. You must have been starving…” he had looked at his watch before glanced back at Jongin.

Yeoreum noticed that the tan boy had stopped uttering any words and was so tense the moment he knew that she was in the room.

Was he embarrassed that she had seen him learning?

It looks like it, but she didn’t comment anything and just left the lunch at the same place. She then glanced on the bed, staring at Chanyeol who had his stomach flat on the bed, face muffled on the pillow, hiding his snores. She smiled.

He’s cute.

“Did you already have your lunch?”

She smiled at Donghae. “Not yet. Do you want some though?”

The man shook his head, laughing a little. “No, it’s okay. I will be going back soon anyways…”

“So soon?” she didn’t mean to sound disappointed, but she was because she really didn’t mind looking at the man’s handsome face for a little longer, even though she couldn’t really see him since he was sitting in the room with Jongin, but still…

“I only came to teach him for four hours. After that, I’m done and besides, this brat can’t study for too long or else his head would be exploded.”

“Hyung…”

Yeoreum was a bit startled hearing Jongin’s soft whining. She didn’t know that the boy was capable of doing that. She felt a tug in her heart, knowing full well that she didn’t know the side of that boy because they weren’t close.

She quickly got out from the room.

 

 

She actually didn’t know if Donghae was lying to her when he said that he will be going home soon because even after she collected the leftover lunch – in which Jongin didn’t seemed to take more than a bite, the man was still there and busy teaching the blind boy.

They didn’t even acknowledge her and she didn’t even made any points to get any acknowledgement anyway. So, she just come inside, took the leftover lunch and walked out.

 

 

She was a bit startled when she saw Chanyeol stumbling out from Jongin’s room, cursing under his breath when his toes stubbed on the door. He tried to fake a smile at her but she knows, deep down – he was dying.

“You’re going home?”

The boy just grunted in response, still crying over his toes. “My mom called, asking me to come home because of something emergency.” 

“Well, before you go…fix your hair first. You look like you just rolled out of bed.” She commented, pointing at the boy’s hairs that were sticking out everywhere.

“I did though, literally.”

She rolled her eyes, but didn’t say anything more.

Chanyeol just beamed before blowing her some kisses. “I will see you tomorrow. Please don’t kill my friend.” He had muttered before finally leaving the house.

Great, Chanyeol had gone home faster than she thought he would be. But it’s okay, at least Donghae was there. She had thought that the teacher would be the one going home first when the Jongin’s door had opened, but it turned out that Chanyeol was the one that stepped out.

She wondered why the teacher had stayed longer than he proclaimed to be. Maybe he would stayed until the late evening –

The door of Jongin’s room was opened and Donghae walked out from it, smiling immediately when he spotted her staring at him.

“I’m going back now.”

Please log in to read the full chapter